Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #2686
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
*Sigh* I feel you... Saints are the team I love to follow and it's killing me this year that they're starting out so horrible. To make matters worse, when manfriend and I were doing our draft for FF, he STOLE Brees from me! Right by my side too! I could've killed him! He was 7th in line to pick and I was 8th and he just took him! Just like that! and he doesn't even LIKE the Saints!
I have 3 fantasy football teams.....but only one is for money. Dh doesn't even have one this year I was 3rd pick in the money league. It's a lot of fun!
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #2687
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudisneyfan View Post
We're flying in and staying on Disney property. We will take the ME to BWV and then have a limo booked to take us to our Disney cruise but we want a car for a day or two to do some shopping and visit the Olive Garden (from Canada and we don't have them anymore ) Has anyone rented a car on Disney property? Is it expensive? We just don't have a way to get a rental car back to the airport so we can't rent from there.
Apparently there's not that many drop fees in Florida, so you might want to check out renting at the airport and dropping off the car in the World.

I'm doing something similar to you, taking ME in, then picking up in DisneyWorld, and either doing two one-ways to Port Canaveral and back or possibly just renting for the whole week (starting in the middle of my trip), and parking at the port ... at the moment the latter seems cheaper so that's what I have pencilled in at the moment. I haven't been yet, but I've gathered that most of the major players are represented in DisneyWorld ... here's what I've discovered by stalking the transportation boards regarding rental car locations in Lake Buena Vista ... I might have gotten it from a sticky in the Transportation Board, can't remember.
  • Alamo at the Dolphin
  • Avis near DTD
  • Budget- Doubletree near DTD (M03)
  • Dollar - Wyndham Lake Buena Vista near DTD
  • Hertz - Shades of Green
  • and Enterprise will pick you up and take you to their Royal Plaza Hotel location which is near DTD.

Plus there's the Walt Disney World Car Care Center ... or another name that has a bunch of C's in it ... think I have the name wrong.

Unfortunately it does seem that some of the better rates are available at MCO rather than down in the World, so if you can snag those without paying any one-way fees, it might be to your benefit ... unfortunately for me renting the extra 5 days to pick up at the airport seems to erase any savings that might be had by renting @ MCO.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #2688
JLa01844
Mouseketeer

I'm alive!!! Sorry I haven't posted much...I haven't even been reading

It's coming up so quick!! I think I'm at 56 days today! Insane! Our trip update: We booked a car and got a diamond parking pass. NOthing else really. I haven't done any touring plans for the parks yet, I don't know if I will.

Old Navy is having a one day sale today $15 for fleece jackets so If anyone needs one head on out!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #2689
JLa01844
Mouseketeer

Stacy found this great deal from Dollar...thought I'd share: http://www.dollar.com/cars/locklowgo.aspx
Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #2690
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack

Ack.....they must be all gone. I sort of want plastic for our tree at WDW anyway....just afraid they'll break during transport. I'll be attempting to recreate these.....wish me luck
Yeah, I bought glass ones on sale a while back but I'm a little nervous about taking them in the suitcase and shuffling the tree for our split stay.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #2691
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Wanted to share, I don't know if Big Lots is a nationwide chain or if they even have the same things store to store but our Big Lots near us has Disney princess dresses. I didn't look closely at the price, well, cause I'm sure my boys would t wear them, lol. But if you have one near you it might be worth checking out.

In other (non-disney) news DS6 seems to be getting a cold so we decided to not go to the pumpkin patch today. I have no idea when we'll go now since the weather is supposed o be cold and rainy tomorrow and every weekend this month is super busy (but at least it will help in my countdown to our trip).

In Disney news, Walmart is starting to put out their Christmas stuff and they have a lot of the window clings (both the regular ones and the thicker gel ones). I still have to figure out whether I'm going to decorate the window or not. DH seems to think its not worth it but I want to do it. Maybe just a few clings and a string of lights. lol

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #2692
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Good morning DisFriends!

Lazy day here- trying to find hardware to make a treasure chest look pirate like. I figured if my daughter is going to love princesses we need to balance it out with some pirates! I thought it would be a cute idea to hold her "jewels" (necklaces, bracelets, tiaras) Plus I got this cute Jack Sparrow pretend play set (hat, pirate rings, gold coins, sword....)

Pumpkin festival tomorrow and last day of staycation
Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #2693
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

Busy day today! Soccer games this morning, then the pumpkin patch afterwards. We are doing our Cinderella movie night tonight. I'm going to try my hand at pumpkin stuffed shells (but I have cheese ravioli as backup), white chocolate mice (strawberries), and I found these Ready-to-Bake Cinderella slipper cookies at our grocery store. Should be a fun day. It's our last (hopefully) hot day, as the temperatures drop to the 60's tomorrow!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #2694
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

I feel lost! I haven't been on the forum in what feels like forever (but is probably only 4-5 days), and I have so much to catch up on!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #2695
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLa01844 View Post
I'm alive!!! Sorry I haven't posted much...I haven't even been reading

It's coming up so quick!! I think I'm at 56 days today! Insane! Our trip update: We booked a car and got a diamond parking pass. NOthing else really. I haven't done any touring plans for the parks yet, I don't know if I will.

Old Navy is having a one day sale today $15 for fleece jackets so If anyone needs one head on out!
Hello! I was thinking about you the other day. How is the job going? And life in general?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #2696
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

What a rubbish game last night.

Braves played terrible but that Umpire was wrong to call an infield fly. I have never seen a situation like that at the Braves ever, you never see bad behaviour but the fans were frustrated. I was not a happy bunny last night.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #2697
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Wanted to share, I don't know if Big Lots is a nationwide chain or if they even have the same things store to store but our Big Lots near us has Disney princess dresses. I didn't look closely at the price, well, cause I'm sure my boys would t wear them, lol. But if you have one near you it might be worth checking out.

In other (non-disney) news DS6 seems to be getting a cold so we decided to not go to the pumpkin patch today. I have no idea when we'll go now since the weather is supposed o be cold and rainy tomorrow and every weekend this month is super busy (but at least it will help in my countdown to our trip).

In Disney news, Walmart is starting to put out their Christmas stuff and they have a lot of the window clings (both the regular ones and the thicker gel ones). I still have to figure out whether I'm going to decorate the window or not. DH seems to think its not worth it but I want to do it. Maybe just a few clings and a string of lights. lol
We have them down here in GA .... they prolly won't do my size though
Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #2698
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper
I feel lost! I haven't been on the forum in what feels like forever (but is probably only 4-5 days), and I have so much to catch up on!
I'm the same way! It's a good thing to do on a very chilly WI morning while drinking coffee!!

OUR JANUARY 2015 PTR!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW Offsite/ December 2009: WDW Offsite/ December 2011: POR
December 2012: POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW/Disney Dream (3 Day Bahamian)
Old 10-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #2699
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper
Ummm in Roll Call time that is forever!!!

Welcome back to DisLand
Old 10-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #2700
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
I agree. Finger pokes and shots isn't fun. My DS is on the pump though and it's much easier, but I still wouldn't want to do it that way.
Which pump is your DS on? I was on the Animas one originally, and now I'm on OmniPod. My pump warranty is about to expire, so I'm looking at pumps again in case I find one I want to switch to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
Hello everyone! Happy Friday. Anyone have good plans for the weekend. We have lots of outdoor plans that I'm hoping the weather cooperates for. Our local youth football team has a hayride this weekend and tomorrow we are supposed to head to the local orchard for their fall fest and to pick pumpkins. And Sunday I have a baby shower to go to. I think that's it.
Buckeye football tonight! I'll be leaving Cleveland to drive to Columbus in a couple hours. Plus...Columbus has a Disney store and Cleveland doesn't, so I might do a little shopping while I'm there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Oh, I forgot about the Mousekeeping envelopes, I need to do mine too still. Thanks for the reminder!!!
I'm not very creative or crafty - I might just use plain envelopes and write "Thank You" on them. :/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: