Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #2431
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjenkids
so, I thought the trip was all planned out, ....until I read somewhere on the boards(cant for the life of me seem to find it again) that the US gymnastic team would be at CSR the 27th....has anyone else seen this?...If I find it, I may be adding yet another day to the passes but a separate night(dont want to loose my FD)....also, my DS has a request....we are staying at POP this trip and know that there isnt a fitness room(not that I look for it on vacation-there is enough walking involved) Is there an area that they are able to run, maybe a trail....would it be ok if he were to run around the resort and over to AOA or take a bus to POR....he is so worried about keeping in shape for sports when we return.....ya, not sure where that came from, he is very driven and determined....we had to plan our vaca around practices and meets so he wouldnt lose his varsity spot.....gotta love kids......me, I just keep counting the days til I get the cupcakes!
Yes,I posted that, but I think it was on the Official CSR thread.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #2432
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Congrats to you both!!!

But now it's time from a PSA from BDL.

We are now in the home stretch people. Time to get ready for the marathon gauntlet that Walt Disney World. Not only should everyone start walking regularly, but make sure that the shoes/sneakers/Teevas/Crocs that you are planning to wear down there, are broken in, but not too broken in.

And that's... One to grow on.

I'm stressed!

Ok, I think I need to go to the Disney Store this weekend. Yep, that will help. It will get me into the Disney spirit. You know what I think it is? I've had this trip booked since March and its been so much fun planning and all the anticipation and now I know its going to be over soon.

I need ice-cream.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #2433
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Oh, I definitely will need at least one new pair of gym shoes. I should probably start looking soon, eh?

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #2434
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Here's where i got the info from for the gymnastics team convention.
http://********************.com/t124...onvention-list
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #2435
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Wow - I took an hour break from this thread to do some house cleaning and you've added 3 pages!!! Gotta stop that house cleaning.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #2436
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I'm jealous that he doesn't have to worry about gaining any weight while the rest of us need to watch our portions at Disney . Even though I'm jealous, I'm happy that he will be able to start shedding pounds soon. It will definately help his diabetes.
DDP isn't helpful for diabetics DH & DS both have Juvenile diabetes. Weight isn't a problem with them but it's hard to stay away from sweets to keep their BS from going through the roof and ruining the vacation.
I wish diabetes would take a break and leave my love's for at least a week!! Oh well, wishful thinking.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #2437
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Good morning!!!!

Talked to DH last night about the trip. I asked if he wanted to go to Gatorland or the beach. He said, dont you remember last year and Sea World? I said, well that was our last day, maybe a day in the middle would be better. He said, nope. We are going into the bubble on the 15th and leaving the bubble on the 22nd. If we need a break we can hang out at the resort. Well, ok then.

Also brought up the WCC ADR and dessert party. He said keep the later ADR. You will need a nap if you want to stay up past 11 (which is totally true).

So my two issues from yesterday are settled. What can we come up with today??
I talked to DH too...sigh.. We have Sea World San Antonio 2 hours away so Sea World isn't very attracting for us. I did mention Gatorland and the beach, but he said, "stop wasting money." Oh, well I gave it a shot. He doesn't know I booked the dessert party.. buahahahaha!! I'm not sure what kind of trouble we can get into today, though.

Oh! has anyone done the sleigh rides @ FWL??
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #2438
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
DH went to his endocrinologist a few days ago for his check up. His doctor put him on a type of medication (one that helps with weight loss) that is injected like his insulin is but is in a pen form. He's been on it for two days already and he is finding that his appetite has been curbed. DH is in the low 300 lb mark and has been trying to lose the weight with just a little bit of luck.

I'm jealous that he doesn't have to worry about gaining any weight while the rest of us need to watch our portions at Disney . Even though I'm jealous, I'm happy that he will be able to start shedding pounds soon. It will definately help his diabetes.
What pen did they put him on? Sissy's Type 1 diabetic, and her endo put her on a pen several months ago, and the weight has positively melted off of her where before she was having trouble loosing anything, even though she's a kindergarten teacher and literally on her feet all day.

As for the being jealous about the easy weight loss, well, I've got to say I'd rather have to work at losing weight and still be able to blow my diet and eat half a dozen cupcakes at WDW than be stuck counting every carb and worrying about injections like sissy!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #2439
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Wow - I took an hour break from this thread to do some house cleaning and you've added 3 pages!!! Gotta stop that house cleaning.
Absolutely! Work is starting to get in the way of my DISchatting!!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #2440
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MGirl1 View Post
What pen did they put him on? Sissy's Type 1 diabetic, and her endo put her on a pen several months ago, and the weight has positively melted off of her where before she was having trouble loosing anything, even though she's a kindergarten teacher and literally on her feet all day.

As for the being jealous about the easy weight loss, well, I've got to say I'd rather have to work at losing weight and still be able to blow my diet and eat half a dozen cupcakes at WDW than be stuck counting every carb and worrying about injections like sissy!

I agree. Finger pokes and shots isn't fun. My DS is on the pump though and it's much easier, but I still wouldn't want to do it that way.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #2441
ciao_gina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post
Agreed - or Iwould have to eat everything so it doesn't go to waste (or waist)
Mine goes to butt!
But seriously I have been really good about losing weight this past month and I know that I will be hurting already with the rich foods at BOG and anywhere else at WDW already.
10/09 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
2/12 Aulani Resort
11/28-12/06 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani village

Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #2442
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

I think work is going to be slow today, so I'm not sure what to do. Oh, wait...I know! Hang out here!

I really don't have any planning left to do, though. Whomp.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #2443
ciao_gina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Good morning!!!!

Talked to DH last night about the trip. I asked if he wanted to go to Gatorland or the beach. He said, dont you remember last year and Sea World? I said, well that was our last day, maybe a day in the middle would be better. He said, nope. We are going into the bubble on the 15th and leaving the bubble on the 22nd. If we need a break we can hang out at the resort. Well, ok then.

Also brought up the WCC ADR and dessert party. He said keep the later ADR. You will need a nap if you want to stay up past 11 (which is totally true).

So my two issues from yesterday are settled. What can we come up with today??
I think it is a great idea to hang out at the resort. What about resort hopping or is that in the plan already?
10/09 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
2/12 Aulani Resort
11/28-12/06 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani village

Last edited by ciao_gina; 10-04-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #2444
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
I think work is going to be slow today, so I'm not sure what to do. Oh, wait...I know! Hang out here!

Hmmm.....how about souvenirs? Do you know what souvenirs you want to get?

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #2445
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post

Ah, but we all need friendly advice, comments, a sympathetic ear, etc. That should fill up your time nicely.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: