Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #2206
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Our last trip, we each had 1 big bag (BDLsgal-suitcase, me-duffle) and 1 carry-on + a laptop bag. But here is where I got creative. Inside BDLsgal's bag, I had folded up and packed a hockey bag. Worn dirty clothes never folds as nice and neat as their clean counterparts. And I knew we'd be coming back with at least a few gifts and souvenoirs. Plus, an overweight bag was +$50, where an additional bag +$30.

All told, we went down with < 100 lbs of luggage, on our return, > 135 lbs.
I've been thinking about the new stuff we will be bringing back. After talking with my mom, I'm going to pack one of our duffle bags in one of our suitcases. This way we only have to pay the extra $25 on the way back instead of each way.

As far as dirty goes, I've planned two down-time days. One of which will be laundry day for me. It will make it so much easier when we come home so I can use our first day home to relax instead of doing laundry. all day.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #2207
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887

Me too, I actually used it on my phone this morning to post my countdown pic... Hmm thinking you guys might be getting some live update starting Nov 30th via my iPhone!!
Do you use DIS and photobucket apps or go through safari/Internet? I've been DISing mostly on my phone and wasn't sure what I needed to do to post pics. I suppose I could go onto safari and copy and paste the links ???

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #2208
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Me too, I actually used it on my phone this morning to post my countdown pic... Hmm thinking you guys might be getting some live update starting Nov 30th via my iPhone!!
Yes please!!!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 10-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #2209
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally

The season pass is great if you take your kids two or three times, I took nic twice this summer but we went to Florida in may and did aquatica, seaworld,and Busch gardens, it paid very quickly for it self with free preffered parking and 30% off merchandise and food. We even got 10% off the disney store in DTD for having seaworld AP. They also have a very furry Christmas now so I want to take him to that. but if you buy your 2013 season pass after January but before march it's 30% off, if you buy it now you can still use it for Halloween spooktacular. We live like 15 minutes away. So it's a great treat for nic.

I grow up in Brooklyn NY, so it feels like going hope. I always feel sad leaving, plus my sister is my best friend and I adore my niece and nephews. But the cost of living is crazy, we go at least once a month. I love the Rockefeller center lit up Christmas tree,also the dancing lights display they put on the tree. Aww can't wait for Christmas

I heard the very furry Christmas was cute. We usually do the Christmas Candylane in Hershey and my kids love that. All the rides (except the coasters and water rides) are open and it looks so pretty all lit up. And for $13 per person is a great price.

I love Rockefeller Center, it's beautiful. I love watching the ice skaters. The window displays are amazing. We always come in on the train and our first stop is breakfast at Chelsea Market

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #2210
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
Anyone heard any rumors of who the TBA CP narrator could possibly be? HMMM????
No. But I'm hearing rumors that Test Track is behind schedule. Not that there is any officially-released schedule. But I'm starting to think we might miss it.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #2211
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
I went to Disney Store online last night for shirts and of course the one I wanted they had in every size EXCEPT medium, ugh! I wanted to get DH and I the "I'll be your Minnie" "I'll be your Mickey" shirts. Hopefully they'll restock. Also I think today is the free shipping over $75 (SHIPTODAY)
I just looked at their site today. I'm disappointed b/c the photo album I wanted that was dated 2012 is no longer on their site I guess I waited too long - again. I'm not too fond of the photo albums they do have.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #2212
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
No. But I'm hearing rumors that Test Track is behind schedule. Not that there is any officially-released schedule. But I'm starting to think we might miss it.
I hope not! We're going down on 11/29 and I was hoping to do TT. It's DS10's favorite ride at Epcot.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #2213
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl

Haha! I've had more than my share of downtime already this week.

Does anyone on this list pin trade? I just got a few pins in the mail yesterday, so that'll be something new for me to do on our trip.
I'm getting DS10 into pin trading on this trip. I bought a bunch of sets on ebay (full sets on cards) to get him started. I made sure to include some princesses and fairies so that he won't be agonizing about what to trade.

I'm still waiting for that Mouse Pin Trading book. It was supposed to be out in early Sept but they had issues with the "final" proof.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #2214
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Haha! I've had more than my share of downtime already this week.

Does anyone on this list pin trade? I just got a few pins in the mail yesterday, so that'll be something new for me to do on our trip.
I'll also probably get the new SOTMK pins.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #2215
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

I really hope not! I wan to ride it when we go!!

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #2216
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nice! I got a lanyard, so I'm going to figure out which pins I want to keep and put different backs on them so that they stay on. I think most of mine are going to be "traders".
That reminds me I need to get some locking backs.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #2217
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
I wouldnt be shocked if it is delayed, but hoping it opens. It's one of the few "thrill" rides that DH will ride with me.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2218
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

I've been thinking about the new stuff we will be bringing back. After talking with my mom, I'm going to pack one of our duffle bags in one of our suitcases. This way we only have to pay the extra $25 on the way back instead of each way.

As far as dirty goes, I've planned two down-time days. One of which will be laundry day for me. It will make it so much easier when we come home so I can use our first day home to relax instead of doing laundry. all day.
Just a suggestion - one trip DS bought a bunch of Legos, large but light. So we shipped those and some other clothes and souvenirs back in a box. Now we do it every time. Cost around $10 to ship. You can buy boxes and ship from the resorts with conference centers -BWV and Dolphin have them for sure.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #2219
molitva
Mouseketeer

Noooooo I want Test Track! If it does open, I think going in early/mid December is perfect timing. New TT and New Fantasyland. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #2220
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Speaking of SOTMK - now here are shirts I'm going to have to buy.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...n-mid-october/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: