Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #1576
ALDSMD
Earning My Ears

We have MVMCP tickets for December 6th that we got way before they announced the grandopening of Fantasyland. Do you think the grandopening is going to make the Christmas Party crazy busy or busier than it would have been? I'm probably the only person not excited about the grandopening being during their very first December trip.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #1577
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

I got a lunch ADR at CRT for the 20th! Woot! That means I'll have to move our LTT lunch ADR to the 13th or the 14th, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I can't believe that happened!

Question: On the lunch menu, it says there is a "tasting plate". Does anyone know what they normally is? I'm vegan (and put some of my restrictions down - I wish they just had a vegan option!), but I'm curious what is usually provided.

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #1578
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALDSMD View Post
We have MVMCP tickets for December 6th that we got way before they announced the grandopening of Fantasyland. Do you think the grandopening is going to make the Christmas Party crazy busy or busier than it would have been? I'm probably the only person not excited about the grandopening being during their very first December trip.
It might be busier than a party in early December would have been otherwise. I think MK during the day will definitely be busier. But if everyone is focused on FL then the rest of the park might not be too bad. If you are going to the party for the Christmas stuff and have a different day for MK, I think you'll be fine. 20 years from now, you can say remember when we were at MK on the opening day of FL??

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #1579
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
I got a lunch ADR at CRT for the 20th! Woot! That means I'll have to move our LTT lunch ADR to the 13th or the 14th, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Question: On the lunch menu, it says there is a "tasting plate". Does anyone know what they normally is? I'm vegan (and put some of my restrictions down - I wish they just had a vegan option!), but I'm curious what is usually provided.
Wow!! Congrats on getting the ADR so quickly!!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1580
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Congrats! That was very lucky
Old 09-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1581
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Wow!! Congrats on getting the ADR so quickly!!
Thanks!

I think it will be a nice way to end our trip (since that's our last day). Plus, our flight isn't until 8:30 that night, so I don't think we'll need to be on the ME until 5pm or later. Yay!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 09-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #1582
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALDSMD View Post
Its an unknown quantity really - yes, it could be busy but that adds to the atmosphere plus everyone will be in FL.

Or it could go the other way - it may be quieter because lots of people have now decided against going on the 6th because it is the FLE opening.

Either way, you'll have a FAB time
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #1583
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

So my FIL is settling in at home. Today I sent them an email listing their options and letting them know that they really don't need to decide until about a week out. (though it goes without saying that I'll be pulling my hair out if they wait that long

MIL wrote back and said that they are still planning to go to their house in FL on Oct 8th. The surgeon cleared him to travel. Still waiting on the therapist. That will tell them how well he can travel. Their biggest concern seems to be the collar. He has to wear it for 3 months which would be through our trip, and it impedes his walking because he can't see his feet. So, they're not making any decisions now.

Overall, I'm feeling good that they didn't cancel outright. That suggests that they do actually want to go ( there have been moments when I wasn't sure). But I also suspect that right now they're focused on getting to FL on the 8th and not much else. After they get down there, then we'll see where things are.

In the mean time, I'm off to book an AKV 1BDR. I want to lock in the discount just in case.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #1584
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post

We can stop each other from skipping to the grocery store in our princess dresses, dragging plastic rabbits & chipmonks behind us and a stuffed bluebird tied onto our shoulder .... trying to recreate that whole Disney scene.

Oh. Is it only me then?

Oh my I actually "LOL"'d on that one... If you do that - we need pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB View Post
I wanna shop with you!

Awesome idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I'm on board.
Quote:
Great idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Cody06 View Post
That's an awesome idea
So I am thinking this is a go... I am Disboard computer illiterate so not sure if I would be the best to maintain it. I really like how Tofubeast has maintained this one - it's super awesome.

Tofubeast... Would you give us the honor....pretty please? Do you have time or interest in this?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #1585
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Yes, please :D

: D

I'll be posting quick updates while I'm in the parks via my phone. Especially if certain things work out

This is your REQUIRED DISboard live trip update!!

I read the same thread! Glad to know the CMs are understanding, but hopefully I won't need those tips anytime soon. Mom wouldn't be happy with that announcement...lol

I read that thread too... Granted I do have a 3 yo... But still kinda dont know about others bed wetting

Works for me! I'll be updating my Facebook on the fly, along with quick updates here, but I'm sure I'll be posting my big stories on The DIS once I get home.
Quote:
I'm not calling them date nights (yet), but we have two nice nights out. One at Cirque du Soleil and then exploring DTD, and another at California Grill.
Two of my favorite grown up places in WDW!!! I wish we had time for Cirque this trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I definitely will need to know more about Levenhopper's trip and whether or not things "progress".

I'll be taken 1.2 million pictures too.....guess I better look into buying several more CD cards for my dSLR!
Quote:
If you two don't end up dating, I don't know who will be more disappointed--you or all of us??
Quote:
Was there an ice-cream van in front? If not, then it wasn't me. I only run after the ice-cream van.
Quote:
Everyone needs motivation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
I suppose they will need to include us in the wedding guest list . After all, we knew them when they were "just friends".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
Ran out for a few minutes and passed a woman who was running while wearing hot pink running shoes. So of course I had to check this thread when I got back!
Quote:
If not the wedding, for sure the planning of the (obviously Disney) honeymoon
I think that was a nice way of saying he wont be inviting us....

Quote:
We'll need a live web-link to the ceremony too!
and this is my response to everything else

You guys are cracking me up today!

Last edited by SAT887; 09-26-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #1586
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez

In the mean time, I'm off to book an AKV 1BDR. I want to lock in the discount just in case.
So this is odd. Not only is the GP discount gone for AKV for my dates. But it's gone for my entire two-week trip for *every* resort. Plenty of resort availability and It doesn't expire for a couple days so know idea what's up with that.

Not a huge deal since it was only 5% but its odd. The 1BDR Savannah view is still available. I'm on a conference call now (working from home). But when I'm done I'm going to book it. Then, if the in-laws don't go I'll cancel the 2BDR and if they do go, I'll cancel the 1BDR. I hate holding two rooms but there's just too much money at stake to wait and lose the option.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #1587
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
So this is odd. Not only is the GP discount gone for AKV for my dates. But it's gone for my entire two-week trip for *every* resort. Plenty of resort availability and It doesn't expire for a couple days so know idea what's up with that.

Not a huge deal since it was only 5% but its odd. The 1BDR Savannah view is still available. I'm on a conference call now (working from home). But when I'm done I'm going to book it. Then, if the in-laws don't go I'll cancel the 2BDR and if they do go, I'll cancel the 1BDR. I hate holding two rooms but there's just too much money at stake to wait and lose the option.
There was a thread on the TPAS that the website has had a glitch today. Resorts arent showing for any discounts.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #1588
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post

Try calling in. Others are having that issue, but are able to book what they need when calling.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1589
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper

Try calling in. Others are having that issue, but are able to book what they need when calling.
Thanks. Good to know. Still sitting on this conference call.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #1590
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl
What do you folks think the odds are of me getting a lunch of dinner ADR for CRT on the 13th or 14th? I have a slightly altered (and potentially more awesome) plan in my head. Ha!
I guess I won't be the only one stalking ADRs. I'm trying for an early breakfast on 12/5, someone was nice enough to try and cancel when I could grab their ADR for 830 am breakfast at CP. but I tried for 15 minutes and never got it. I'd love to have CRT but would take CP

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: