Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #151
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Tickets are already bought. They came in the mail last month, the same day I got my MVMCP tickets :D
You will really enjoy it, I had seen another cirque du soliel show in NYC when I was visiting family and thought La Nouba was much better (even though the one I saw in NYC was fabulous!) Looking forward to eventually going back and seeing it again.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #152
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Wow, 2 threads already! I bet we make it to 3! I hate to say this, but I realized today that in 4 months, our trip will be over
Yes, but you're DVC right?

My buddy was texting me yesterday asking me about our Disneyland 2013 trip already (he usually joins us each year, but they didn't want to come out to Florida for this trip due to the airfare costs). I told him I need to get through this trip before I can start making plans and setting firm dates for our Dec 2013 trip! That will be my Xmas pick-me-up, to plan that trip for the next year.

Even though this trip will be over in 4 months, you'll have a year to enjoy planning and looking forward to the next trip, right?

TofuBeast, love the intros.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #153
Disneyalltheway
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012

Thanks again for the tip, I checked and we have almost enough airmiles for 2 adult tickets (800 miles each!), so will make sure to carry the card in my wallet this fall, I usually don't. Do you know how long in advance they need to be ordered?
I'm not sure, when I ordered mine I had them within two weeks. When I was looking on airmiles earlier this year I didn't see universal tickets on there so I'm not sure if they are rewards that come and go on there? I had just enough to cover three adult tickets and two kid tickets and I was saving for years, lol!

Old 09-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #154
alorac
Earning My Ears

Well I have just started posting to the board here so I figured I should jump on into this thread.

I'll be staying with my girlfriend at BWI Dec 8-16th. Hopefully it will be a very "engaging" experience for us

We were last in Disney in Jan 2010 and are hoping for some warmer weather this time around. She has never been to a Disney waterpark so I'm just praying for warm enough weather to hit blizzard beach at least once.

I'm most excited for the Backstage safari and finally having ADRs at Le Cellier.... Oh and to see what her answer is going to be to my big question :D (don't worry... I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know what an internet forum is)

Anyone have any fun tips for romantic spots to ask the DGF to become my DF and eventually my DW? (look, I'm catching on to the lingo! ...I think) I'm thinking something private... Im not really the "on the steps of the castle" type. Sooo... What do ya think?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #155
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac
Well I have just started posting to the board here so I figured I should jump on into this thread.

I'll be staying with my girlfriend at BWI Dec 8-16th. Hopefully it will be a very "engaging" experience for us

We were last in Disney in Jan 2010 and are hoping for some warmer weather this time around. She has never been to a Disney waterpark so I'm just praying for warm enough weather to hit blizzard beach at least once.

I'm most excited for the Backstage safari and finally having ADRs at Le Cellier.... Oh and to see what her answer is going to be to my big question :D (don't worry... I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know what an internet forum is)

Anyone have any fun tips for romantic spots to ask the DGF to become my DF and eventually my DW? (look, I'm catching on to the lingo! ...I think) I'm thinking something private... Im not really the "on the steps of the castle" type. Sooo... What do ya think?
There are lots of great places to pop the question. What are her favorite things there?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #156
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac View Post

Sweet!! Welcome to the Dis and to our thread!!

Here is a page that has some nice ideas.

Other ones:

-Rose Garden (which is near the castle, but a little bit more private)
-Beach at Poly during Wishes (they pipe in the music)
-Carriage ride at POR
-Sleigh ride at WL

And here is one I saw in a trip report at Disneyland years ago. A guy had his gf do the sketch portrait. (When they do your sketch, you never get to see what the artist is doing until the big reveal at the end.)

My guess is that he must have arranged something with the artist just beforehand (probably leaving his gf in a shop somewhere or excusing himself to go to the bathroom so he could go chat with the artist.) So they show up to have the sketch done. The girl has no idea, but the artist is also drawing him on one knee with a ring in a box. The artist writes "Will you marry me" on the sketch. So when he did the big reveal, she was shocked and then saw the guy get down on his knee. A friend who was with them took some shots of it all. It was so darn sweet!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #157
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Alorac - welcome !! What a great place to ask her such an important question. Here are something's/places I thought of for your life changing experience ;-).

A "sleigh" ride at Ft Wilderness, a rocking chair by a fireplace on one of the upper floors of the Wilderness Lodge lobby, on the beach at Poly or Beach club. An early breakfast ADR at your favorite park and use the empty park time to have it all to yourself an ask before breakfast

Hope the ideas help!! And good luck!

DCL , 4 day cruise 9/7-9/11/2008
WDW All Star Sports 9/11-9/14/2008
WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POP 12/3-12/8/2012 (10th wedding anniversary)
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 09-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #158
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Tofubeast I love that idea. My DH did something along those lines. We were at the beach and he took me into a photo booth. We took the first of the four pictures and in the 2nd picture he held the ring up so in in the last pictures he got my reaction. We still have the picture framed 10 years later.

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 09-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #159
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac View Post

Welcome aboard! My husband propsed in Disneyland at Snow White's wishing well. There are so many magical places but I figured I'd mention there is a snow white's wishing well in Epcot (germany) as well. Also, there is a wishing well next to Cinderella's castle in the MK. Try to think if there is a particular movie or something that has special meaning to her or to both of you.

Good luck and I hope it's a truly magical trip for you both!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #160
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

December 15-22 POR

My 3 sentence biography: Working mom with 8yr old DD 3rd grader and hard working DH. Just went to the World for the first time last year, never thought I'd EVER make it and here we are going again! The DIS was pivotal in our successful visit, to be sure.

First time or Zillionith trip to WDW?: Will be our second time! We surprised her with an early B-day present last October. It was heavenly. Weather perfect. We are surprising her again for a Christmas gift, although unlike last time, we will tell her the day before when she gets home from school, so she can tell us what things she ESPECIALLY wants to do. Last year was a year of firsts, first plane trip for her, first trip to FL, first trip to DW. We did MNSSHP and this year we will do MVMCP. It worked great for us. We really enjoyed it and walked on most everything we wanted to ride. I know it won't be like the first time, but I think with the Christmas decorations and she's back and never dreamed it would be so soon, will be special.

Brief background about your upcoming trip (include dates):Just made our reservation yesterday for 12/15-22 returning to POR and it is a Royal Room. That's all they had for FD. Oddly, it is only about $75 more than last year and we didn't stay in a royal room...weird. When I checked some neglected emails and saw that they'd extended FD a week in Dec. I began looking at my DD's school calendar and posed the idea to DH. He's so good, he never says no. Also, had a dear friend who nearly died and is living life to the fullest and decided on a whim to drive 8 hours just to eat at Boma this weekend and I was inspired!

Why did you choose December? When we went last October and saw the great decorations and attended MNSSHP, I thought how great would it be to go during December. Because of my DD's school calendar, she'll only miss 3 days and we will be home in time for Christmas!

What are you most looking forward to? Everything. When I went for the first time last year, I knew I'd like it. I didn't realize how much I'd appreciate it. I was simply astounded with the whole package, the business side, the people, everything. I loved everything about it.

My most cherished upcoming ADR: Excited to go to Boma, we had to cancel it the last time because we just couldn't pull ourselves away from MK to make it in time! We lucked out because a cast member snagged a last minute 'Ohana, which my carnivore DH loved! He said that rarely happened. We walked right in and ran into somebody we new from our little town! Haven't been able to snag an 'Ohana, yet, will keep looking. Honestly, our best meal last year was Rose & Crown. We had a blast there and we even ate at Narcooses and RC was better for us.

Favorite Disney snack (or for those who haven't been, what you most look forward to snacking on): Hmmm..probably something at Starring Rolls!

My Disney touring style - Commando or Turtle? We're fairly commando. Thanks to the DIS we were masters for the FP and followed a TouringPlan for the most part and it worked like magic. We take breaks, but we're pretty early risers, too.

My upcoming trip is: planned down to the second or going with the flow?I'm a planner. I've worked in a Research section of a Univ for too long not to be! LOL I've planned out which parks we'll be on which day, and what the ADRs are and a list of our rides/attractions. We will try and hit a few things we missed last time and eliminate some of the been there done that's. I have a feeling Splash will be ridden many times, as well as Kali. We're from Ohio...December in FL will be balmy to us!

How you might be able to find me while at Disney: (i.e. Resting in a hammock at CSR, tipsy at WS in EPCOT, 'that couple' in matching outfits, inquiring about the time of the 3 o'clock parade): Running around the parks, trying to get everything in. We liked park hopping. Everyone says don't do it on your first trip, but we did. It was fun for us. I love POR, great Bloody Mary's in the bar! My DD even had a virgin one, they were impressed!

The Disney character that is most like me and why: Dori is close to my heart because she's funny and people tell me I am. She's a bit of a ditz, tho! I'm pretty level headed. I'd be a cross of Dori and Marlin!

I decided, while we should probably save the money, she is only little once. She loved it so much. Perfect age to take her. She was almost 8 last year and will be 9 this year. I figured one more time before she costs more at age 10. She struggled a bit with the kids menu. She's a great eater and will try things, so the standard kid fare was a bit boring for her. However, we shared, so it worked out. She kept up, she was AWESOME! I felt sorry for so many little ones who melted down and were tired. I know it would've been priceless to she the wonderment on her face had she been younger, but ease of travel was awesome at 7 and she remembers every detail. I did tear up when we first walked into MK and I saw her little face. I applaude any parent that can take wee ones to DW. What amazing fortitude you must have, is all I can say! Kudos.

It is amazing what she remembers about that trip. Life is too short. You can always make more money. Get to the World, I say!

Last edited by LisaTC; 09-02-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #161
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac
The Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort. Certainly booked by now but you can check.

We decided to tie the knot after a day at Eurodisney (we'd been together for 10 years), 'was more like the whole day got us thinking we really wanted to be together forever. But we both remember a photo session in the castle as the tipping point.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #162
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

I was away yesterday so I have to catch up on the thread. But I just wanted to share this.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ney+Parks+Blog)

Yes, it's a timeshare presentation but if you're looking for a Disney fix - Samantha Brown will do it every time.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #163
Mom2Cody06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012

We decided to tie the knot after a day at Eurodisney (we'd been together for 10 years), 'was more like the whole day got us thinking we really wanted to be together forever. But we both remember a photo session in the castle as the tipping point.
do they still do the photo sessions at Poly or any other resort? You could do one of those and ask, still capturing the look on her face

WDW POR 9/11-9/18/2011
WDW POR 9/22-9/28/2013

Old 09-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #164
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

I'm really debating buying MVMCP tickets. I swore I wasn't going to do it, but knowing we will be there and it's going on without me?? It's starting to make me sad...I might break in the 88 days ahead.

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #165
alorac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast

Sweet!! Welcome to the Dis and to our thread!!

Here is a page that has some nice ideas.

Other ones:

-Rose Garden (which is near the castle, but a little bit more private)
-Beach at Poly during Wishes (they pipe in the music)
-Carriage ride at POR
-Sleigh ride at WL

And here is one I saw in a trip report at Disneyland years ago. A guy had his gf do the sketch portrait. (When they do your sketch, you never get to see what the artist is doing until the big reveal at the end.)

My guess is that he must have arranged something with the artist just beforehand (probably leaving his gf in a shop somewhere or excusing himself to go to the bathroom so he could go chat with the artist.) So they show up to have the sketch done. The girl has no idea, but the artist is also drawing him on one knee with a ring in a box. The artist writes "Will you marry me" on the sketch. So when he did the big reveal, she was shocked and then saw the guy get down on his knee. A friend who was with them took some shots of it all. It was so darn sweet!
Thanks for the link!

I'm going to have to look into the sketch idea... I thought it would be cool to do something like that or to hold the ring up in a picture for one of the rides so when we get to the end I can tell her to look for our picture and then get on one knee.

To give you some background we both LOVE AK. So I have been thinking it would be nice to do it there. I know that the trails around the Tree of Life seem to be a popular spot and since we're going in December it gets dark earlier and the tree looks awesome lit up in the twilight hours.

I also thought it might be cool to do it on the Wild Africa Trek and surprise her at the end of one of the rope bridges. She would be distracted looking down at the alligators or something so I would have to go first and then wait at the end and get on one knee there.

Here's a few other ideas I had been thinking about:
-Wishes/illuminations cruise... Though this might be awkward proposing in front of the captain of the boat haha
-Something to do with Mini Golf. We have an intense (but fun) mini golf rivalry. Our first date was mini golfing and she kicked my butt, so we are constantly battling to see who is the champ.
-The vacation specialist I talked to when I booked my original res at Wilderness Lodge (we switched when the new offer came out) mentioned the Sleigh Ride too... So that's definitely on the list.
-Something on the boardwalk. I have late (9pm) dinner ADRs for the Flying Fish Cafe on the 11th... We could wander around down by the water afterwards when it should be fairly quiet and secluded.

My one last idea... Which may be tough to pull off... Was based on a review of the Dolphin Experience in The Seas at Epcot. The review talked about how they had a dolphin bring a ball to a little girl that said "happy birthday". Replace "happy birthday" with "marry me" and there's my idea haha. I would be a bit nervous a out where to hide the ring in the wetsuit so I don't know how practical this one is, but it seemed like it could be special if I can pull it off.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep em coming :D I'm loving this board already.

-Tom

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: