Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Tears, Treats, Tumblr and Tropical Storm Isaac

Tears, Treats, Tumblr and Tropical Storm Isaac

Yes, we are back from our wonderful trip to Disney World. We were there from August 17th through August 28th 2012 at the Carribean Beach Resort with the Free Dining Plan.

I have over 800 photos to add to photobucket so once those are uploaded and I get a bit of time, I will start this trip report. Be patient folks.....I will get there!

So, here we are......

Last edited by Victoriasmom98; 08-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Im hereee! :D Im ready for the rideee!

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I'm here! That picture of you guys is so cute!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay! You've started! I can't wait to hear all about it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
MissTink
MissyTink Boo Boo

Count me in!

CR (x4) ~ ASSp (x4) ~ ASMu (x2) ~ ASMo (x4) ~ CBR ~ POLY ~ POP
Old 08-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm first! I'm first!

What is this thing you speak of?..."patient"???
Oh dear, dear Karen.....patient is when you have to actually WAIT for something! Hard to believe but some people actually can do this!! And

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
Im hereee! :D Im ready for the rideee!
HI!!! And welcome! Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I'm here! That picture of you guys is so cute!
Thanks.....that was one of the early days when we all still liked each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay! You've started! I can't wait to hear all about it.
My reports will never live up to yours, Lisa! Oh, and btw ---- I never even touched the iron that was in the room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTink View Post
Count me in!
I hope I don't bore you to tears.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
tygrrlily
Earning My Ears

Great pic and love the title! Can't wait to read about your trip
Old 08-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining the fun.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 09-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #11
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

So, let's start with the cast of characters.....
I hope you all don't mind, but I'm going to copy and paste the introductions from my prior report. I mean, our backstory doesn't change from year to year, right? So, for those of you who know me and my family, you can skip this part, unless you are a glutton for punishment...

My DD 14 Victoria......
She and I have been the 2 peas in a pod since I divorced her father when she was 4. It's been she and I against the world since then. She's not as much as a Disney fanatic as I am but I'll get her there!!! hee, hee. She's had her share of trials so far in her 14 years so I tend to spoil her and try to "make up for it". She was born with infant torticollis which basically means her head and neck muscles didn't develop as they should have while I was pregnant. She wore a head cast for 6 months to shape her head properly and had physical therapy for the first 2 years of her life. When she was 5, we discovered she had a tethered spinal cord which required surgery to fix. Her tethered spinal cord made potty training extremely difficult (as she didn't feel when she had to go) and it has caused recurring UTI's which have continued to this day. She does she a Pediatric Nephrologist in Portland, Maine so we are working on it. After her surgery she had an additional 2 years of physical therapy. She's doing great, though, even though she will never be great at team sports or any activity that requires lots of balance. It was also around the time she was 5 when my dad, her beloved Pepere passed away of a massive heart attack. That prompted me to realize that life is too short to be miserable, so I divorced Victoria's father that same year. She is currently facing a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. We go to see an endocrinologist in Portland in October for more testing.

Then there's me......a 44 year old cancer survivor, diabetic, and mother extrodinairre...(yeah, seriously I don't think that highly of myself, really!!!).....I work full time, enjoy scrapbooking, tending to my menagerie of pets and stalking the Disboards..

Finally, there is my husband Peter.......
As a little background here--- I had a pretty bad first marriage and I definitely was NEVER, EVER going to get married again or ever let anyone have control over me and my life again. I had dated, but nothing too serious as my first priority was and is Victoria. I was certainly not going to bring someone into our lives who I had no intention of remaining with. Then I met Peter.......yes, online.......Now I know what you all must be thinking ----ewwww! And I really didn't think anything would come out of it either. But, here I am. He's from the same type of French Catholic background as I am and we have so many things in common. He actually does the same type of work that my Dad did. (My Dad passed away in 2002). He's really an amazing man and he's taken to Victoria like she was his own child. Victoria loves him, too.

Other family members not going on the trip are our yellow lab, 2 cats (we just lost our beloved Rusty kitty at the age of 14 a week before we left for our trip), 5 mini-lop bunnies, 2 teddy bear hamsters, 2 guinea pigs and now 6 chickens!!! I am a huge animal lover, if you couldn't tell. Usually when we go to Disney the dog goes to the kennel and my wonderful Mom comes over to tend to everyone else.This year Cutie is staying with my coworker/friend Jane and her 2 German Shepherds.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for the rest.

Cheers Larry
Old 09-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #14
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I love that you added your chickens to your family members! I don't know why I am so obsessed with them! I must've lost count, though, because I didn't remember that you had six. I guess you guys still liked each other in those pictures, too because you all look like you're having fun

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #15
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Friday, August 17th

Well, today is the day! We were leaving for Disney! Will we make the plane on time? Will Peterís interview go well? Will I get over this anxiety attack? Letís read on and find out, shall we?

First of all, lets take it back to Thursday night when Jane came to pick up Cutie. After losing Rusty earlier this month, it was really hard to see Cutie go, even though I knew she would be back. I knew she was going to be spoiled rotten with Jane, but I still cried a bit. I packed up her blankie and 2 favorite toys and her dog food. I brought her to Janeís car and she hopped in seeming very excited to be going on a ride. Good. Iím glad it was easier on Cutie than it was on me!

Friday morning we were all up be 6am. Peterís interview with the Dept of Transportation as a Transportation I worker was at 7am. He actually left the house by 6:30am in the hopes that they may take him early and he would be home by 8am. It was exactly 8am and I was getting nervous as he wasnít home yet. Everything was done Ė animals fed, car packed Ė we were just waiting for him.

Peter pulls in the drive at 8:10am. He made a quick change into shorts and off we go! Will we make it to NH in time? I donít know! It takes 3 hours from our house to the Manchester airport, so we were going to be cutting it close. I knew we were going to make it (I assumed) once we saw this:

The middle of this bridge is actually the state line between Maine and NH. It was around 11:15 when we saw this:

Yay!!! The airport!! Now all we have to do is park, get on the shuttle, get pass security and get to the gate area. Simple, right?! Oh, címon now folksÖ..you must know us better than that by now. We checked our bags in at the curb and we headed to security. Oh, guess who had to have the full body pat down? You guessed it, ME! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! WHAT THE HECK???!!! So, I was stopped last year for the roll of pressed pennies and Iím stopped this year? Apparently my shirt had sparkles in it and the body imager doesnít like those. UmÖ.airlines ---- please post that warning on your sites so innocent people like me donít have to get felt up in the middle of the airport when they are already running late in the first place? A little heads up might be nice. After a nice pat down, I was free to go, but then they needed to have me go over to the side so they can go through my carryon. No one ever told me what seemed to suspicious to them. Yeah, I really look like a security risk, donít I?

Now it was 11:45am and Victoria was hungry for more than just a snack. Ugh! Really? Thereís a Ĺ hour before the flight is scheduled to leave and she wants to eat? There was only one real place to order anything from, so we ordered chicken nuggets and fries and got them to go. Sheíll have to eat them on the plane! Would you believe they started boarding right as her food was ready? Unreal! We got on the plane and sat in Row 7 with Victoria on the window, Peter in the middle and me on the aisle.

It was a pretty uneventful flight until the last half hour when we hit turbulence. The plane had to fly around this so we were about 20 minutes late in arriving. OH NO! We had ressies at Paradiso37 at 6:15pm. I was cutting close making that ressie IF everything worked out ok. This was just not going to happen! We headed to the Magical Express area, got into Line 6, and hopefully werenít going to wait long.

We actually didnít wait that long and were able to sit all in the same row. Why couldnít we be the first stop? Well, because that just wasnít the way this trip was going to work out for us!

Here is the obligatory picture of arriving at Disney!

The bus first stopped at Art of Animation and then Pop, and finally CBR!! We got to CBR around 5:35pm. We didnít really have the time to dilly-dally. It was going to be find the room, put the carryons down, get to the bus stop and hopefully a bus to DTD would be coming real soon. Thankfully, one did and we were on our way. I did make sure that the bus driver stopped at both the Marketplace and Pleasure Island as we didnít want to have to run across the whole place! It was about 6:40pm when we finally arrived at the restaurant. It turns out it wasnít a big deal to be late as the place wasnít even full. Phew. I asked to be seating by a window (I didnít specify looking over the water) and we were seated by the back door, by the window which looked out to the store across the pathway. This is the door where the servers go in and out to serve the people who were dining outside. After about 20 or more times that people were going in and out, it was getting a bit old and annoying. I did get what I asked for. I do need to be more specific in my requests!

The food was awesome, though, I must say!!!

Did I mention that I FORGOT to bring my camera to DTD??!!! I tell you guys this is a theme throughout the entire trip ---- THINGS JUST GO WRONG NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PLAN SOMETHING!!! Thank goodness I had my iphone and could take pictures with that!

We walked around for a little bit, bought a few things and then headed back to the resort. It was going to be an early day at the Tusker House with Donald in the morning!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: