Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
scootch
DIS Veteran

The only issue I can see with the inside is the one bath... how much is the 10 ??/ as this will have two baths. My 13 year old hogged our single bath
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by epgirl View Post
The reason it's not much more expensive to book 2 inside cabins is because the 3rd and 4th passenger rates in a cabin are so close to the 1st and 2nd passenger rates! Disney has just about the highest 3rd and 4th passenger rates in the industry! Therefore, you're only paying a couple hundred dollars more to have 2 cabins with 2 passengers in each. My family of 4 and I (kids ages 4 and 5) cruised in an inside cabin on the Fantasy in April and I also figured out afterwards that I could've booked 2 inside cabins for just a few hundred dollars more. Maybe next time!
Absolutely correct. And there are some rare occasions where the price of 2 cabins is IDENTICAL to the price of placing all 4 in one inside cabin of the same category. We did one cruise where we booked an 11C. The cost of 2 cabins was $35 more than placing 4 people in one cabin!

DCL has the highest 3rd and 4th passenger rates, but they also have the most costly kid programming with the longest hours. Guess you get what you pay for.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsnyder77 View Post
Wow! I never understood the connecting room thing before (duh!) This is opening up a whole new world of opportunities! Thanks everyone!!!

We always get two rooms for our family - myself, DH and our two young adult DDs. We do adjoining rooms and it works out wonderfully.

Just having that extra bathroom makes the added expense worth it. Even though DCL staterooms are larger than most - they are still pretty small.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries
DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #34
mouseearstx
Earning My Ears

We had 4 people in a cat 11 for 7 nights and felt very crowded . My parents paid for the cruise, so can't really complain about free . However, there was very limited storage space, especially since we had a stroller (umbrella type) so we had the suitcases lining the side of the bed which meant we had to use the foot of the bed to get in and out of bed. That said, my first cruise, we stayed in a cat 10 with four women and had plenty of space. For four people, it is definitely worth small upgrade to a cat 10 inside stateroom.
mouseearstx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: