Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Bonnie36
Earning My Ears

Secrets and Tips for Touring

So, after hearing about the secret tip that you could use your fast passes after the time that they originally said, I started to think what other kinds of secrets, and tips are out there. For the record, I had never heard of this fastpass tip until I read about it ending.

So, I come to you DIS'er's. You all do know the best kept secrets and tips on touring the parks!! What is your best kept secret tip!

-Bonnie
Bonnie36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
T1gger
Tigger Girl

Take a picture of your photopass card incase you lose it as you can still claim your pictures (and I did lose mine so this tip saved my pics!)

Dec 85 Off-site
Apr 10 Off-site
Oct 12 CSR
Oct 14 OKW
T1gger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
AWiggins
Earning My Ears

The fastpass return time is now being enforced. You could previously go back anytime after the return window opened, but now you must use your fastpass before the window closes as well. (They started enforcing that in March.)
AWiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
smallfri1112
One Love, One Heart, Let's get together and feel alright <3

If you are driving to the parks, take a picture of the parking lot sign, that way you won't have to remember after a long day.

Schedule a character breakfast at The Crystal Palace before Magic Kingdom opens. This is a great opportunity for you to get pictures in an almost empty Magic Kingdom
October 23 - 29, 2008 - Pop Century - Mother & Daughter trip
December 3 - 11, 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort - Free Dining!!
October 12 - 19, 2012 - Port Orleans - Riverside - Our First Wedding Anniversary!
December 12 - 18, 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort - Miles' first trip & Free Dining!!

smallfri1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Right, as PP mentioned that tip about using your fastpass even after it expired is no longer true.

Hmmm let me think what else

1. If there are two lines to a ride, use the one on the left. For some reason more pepople use the one on the right.

2. The cashiers at the counter service stand take orders on their right and their left.

3. Don't just follow the crowd or masses. Try to look for other openings, lines turnstiles etc. For example, if there is a long line at the turnstiles closest to the entrances, try to look for other turnstiles. Again, most people will just follow the person ahead of them without realizing "Oh wait, there is no one over there at the far ends of the entrance."
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendteri View Post
3. Don't just follow the crowd or masses. Try to look for other openings, lines turnstiles etc.
Same holds true for bag checks. A tram will pull up and the masses will flock to one side and not look at the other one.

Also, and this might make some a bit miffed but I try not to get behind anyone with a large stroller with a huge bag stuffed underneath because most of the time, the person will attempt to just push the stroller through and then we have to stop and wait for the large bag to get put on the bag check table.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

The Great Movie Ride in DHS has two different ride "outcomes". One involves a Western theme and one involves a 1930's gangster theme. If you see the ride more than once, when you get to the front of the line, ask the cast member who ushers you in to the boarding area where you should go to see the one that you haven't seen before. Otherwise, you could end up seeing the gangster scene over and over.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Bonnie36
Earning My Ears

Those are pretty good thoughts. If you think about it, Americans are always taught to stay to the right, so it make sense that we would typically go right. Go left...good tip.
Bonnie36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tips, touring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: