Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #1
Fonz86
Mouseketeer

Tipping wedding planner

Hi everyone

Just wondering if it is expected that you tip your wedding planner? Do people normally give cash or gifts?

Ours has been most helpful so i thought it would be nice to get a bottle of something or flowers etc. but i didnt know how you get this to them? Do you give it on the day or have it sent somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions!!!Lol

Thanks all x
Old 08-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz86 View Post
Hi everyone

Just wondering if it is expected that you tip your wedding planner? Do people normally give cash or gifts?

Ours has been most helpful so i thought it would be nice to get a bottle of something or flowers etc. but i didnt know how you get this to them? Do you give it on the day or have it sent somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions!!!Lol

Thanks all x
I gave my planner a gift as she was great. We gave it to her on the day but people do send them afterwards as well. We gave her some English things.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

We didn't tip our planner but we did send her a nice bottle of perfume the week after we got back form the wedding with a card. She had commented on how good my mother smelled and asked what perfume she was wearing. So that's the one I sent her.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Fonz86
Mouseketeer

Thanks both, they are lovely ideas. Going to have to get my thinking cap on! x
Old 08-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We are getting our floral planner a visa giftcard. I had heard in the past that they can't accept cash... Not sure if it's true or not. For our actual planner, when we were in our planning session she told us that her and her husband like going to this certain beach resort that is located about 30 mins from us, so were gonna get her a night at that resort that they could use by itself or put towards a longer vacation.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Waltfan54
Earning My Ears

Money tips for Wedding Planners

Money is universal--it makes it so much easier on the bride (& groom) with so many other details of her special day to consider. (The seating arrangements alone will drive you crazy)
Think about how many weddings they service – that is a lot of candles and trinkets. Giving them money/gift card gives them some flexibility and would show your appreciation more.

The Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Planners Do Not make commission. You tip everyone else with money – why not your wedding planner and his/her assistant? A relative, married at WDW, had a male WP, he was tipped in cash before the special night was over.

It is true that some cast members cannot accept tips – HOWEVER, there are some that CAN – Wedding Planners are in the category of those who CAN.
Your wedding planner/assistant is the one who does all the behind the scenes work so you don’t have to worry. They coordinate, do the running around and make sure the day runs smoothly – not just on the day of, but for months (sometimes a year!) leading up to your big day!

Give the Wedding Planner/assistant money. Money is the best gift, as they can do what they want with it.

Last edited by Waltfan54; 08-31-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Waltfan54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Fonz86
Mouseketeer

thank you, i think we may give cash. I dont really know our planner well enough to presume what she likes but definitely want to give something x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: