Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingken View Post
we stayed at HRH for the first time was really looking forward to it but was a little bit dissapointed to be honest for 5 star, the staff were very friendly, the deluxe room had 2 queen beds in and my eldest slept in the couch pull out bed which still left plenty of room, the sink outside the room had a large mirror which was covered in brown at the bottom and around sides, i suspect with water spalshes that had caused a bit of mould it was obvious that it had not been cleaned for some time, the bathroom needs a complete overall, the tiles were dirty with grout missing, the shower head looked like it had had several repairs but still leaked from it onto the side of the floor and when we tried adjusting it got worse, the toilet seat was discoloured badly.
the worse thing was when we woke first morning to find where the bottom sheet had been tucked in there was dry blood and i dont mean a little, i told front desk who said they would sort it only the sheet was changed
the rooms were cleaned everyday to a decent standard but not sure how many times it was hoovered as there was a plastic screw on floor and it stayed there for a few days, same in the hallway outside room
the pools were very good and had at least 2 guards on most of the time but could become very rowdy at times
the beachclub was a nice place to have a drink and a snack/tea but beware they add 18% tip regardless and to be honest the service was not great we had to wait for someone to come to table most times we went and invariably had to go looking for server to ask for bill although they were pleasant enough
the kitchen we went once but was nice if a little expensive comapared to citywalk resteraunts
we dont drive so had to use taxis to disney, it cost us $50 one way to all the disney parks as they have to cover the $14 parking fee that disney charge taxis for dropping off, i later found out that the $14 fees is not charged at magic kingdom as they drop off to side but i was still charged it, we tried yellow cab to epcot which is $37 but i had to pay the $14 at the gate so no cheaper
the lounge area has free wi fi which my sons used and again most nights tables were full of galsses from bar and most nights there were not moved whilst we were there
i our opinion the hotel needs it's first overhaul as it is looking a little tired now but we still enjoyed our stay but for the money we paid i was expecting better
the express tickets are the best thing about staying onsite and convienance of citywalk, hope that helps
Gotta love that Disney drop off charge!!! We had that happen once at AK and I swear we'll never do it again.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

if i did it again i would get yellow taxi to magic kingdom and get the monorail or free bus to other parks, that $14 soon mounts up over several visits
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #18
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingken View Post
if i did it again i would get yellow taxi to magic kingdom and get the monorail or free bus to other parks, that $14 soon mounts up over several visits
Last year, we took a cab from RPR to the Contemporary since we were switching resorts in the middle of the vacation and we talked to the taxi driver about it. He said that there is a place at each park where the cabs can let you off without the extra charge. You just have to ask them to do that. I think it is where all of the off site buses let off. He pointed out the one at MK but that was the only one we saw.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
disneywith3boys
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the advice. I think we are going to stay at the Hard Rock. I just can't pass up it's great location. We decided that the room was more important than the club level. Deluxe Queen will be our choice...I looked thru the thread about room requests, and none addressed a Deluxe Queen, not on club level...so please help! Any advice on what Deluxe Queen room to stay in...non club. Non noisy, close to elevators/exit to walk to Universal.
disneywith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #20
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you can request the deluxe rooms when you check in.
can't book them in advance.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
disneywith3boys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
With us staying around Memorial day, I didn't think our chances were very good to get our request for deluxe queen in the club level since there are only 4 of those rooms. Any idea if you can request club on a regular deluxe queen room.
disneywith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

the same as staying on club level.
request it when you check in.

there is no additional charge for club if you booked a standard room.

Last edited by macraven; 09-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #23
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywith3boys View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I think we are going to stay at the Hard Rock. I just can't pass up it's great location. We decided that the room was more important than the club level. Deluxe Queen will be our choice...I looked thru the thread about room requests, and none addressed a Deluxe Queen, not on club level...so please help! Any advice on what Deluxe Queen room to stay in...non club. Non noisy, close to elevators/exit to walk to Universal.
Deluxe queen and king can be booked in advance. You just can't book a deluxe on club level.

We have stayed in room 5134 - great poolview! Also, 5140. We have also stayed in room 6099 - with a parkview.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #24
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
You can book deluxe rooms in advance, you just can't book them on CL.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #25
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
With us staying around Memorial day, I didn't think our chances were very good to get our request for deluxe queen in the club level since there are only 4 of those rooms. Any idea if you can request club on a regular deluxe queen room.
They will not put you in club w/o booking club. You can pay the upgrade rate at check-in if one is available.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
longing4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can book a deluxe queen non club. I did that. For the period we are going in Dec, It cost about $30 more than pool view queen and $30 less than std club queen. With WWoHP opening at 8am, I figured I won't have much time to enjoy the bf at the lounge so deluxe queen makes better sense to me. The price differential between deluxe queen and std club queen is really not much.

May 1996 : Offsite, Disneyland, CA
Nov 2007 : Contemporary, WDW
Jun 2010 : Disneyland Hotel, HK Disneyland
Nov 2012 : The Poly, WDW
longing4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

stayed in club level HRH, was a little tight for all 5 of us, didn't get the deluxe bc they weren't available. the rollaway could only fit in the small hallway between closet and bathroom. if anyone had to use the bathroom during the night we had to crawl over the bed. the other thing, there were plates of wings, i mean old on the other side of the bed we found when we went to look outside at the view. we did bring it to their attention. but otherwise, it was ok, had a great time & enjoyed the pool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: