Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
xera12
Mouseketeer

your favorite resort?

Hey all! I see alot of people posting resorts that are awesome for kids, but we are a bunch of 20 somethings with no kids, and i was wondering which resort you all liked best that has amenities for people our age. we are staying 12 nights-ish. and we are going to be there in mid-october. (2013, but i am a planner, so i like to look into these things early) It will be our first time to WDW!! we were thinking POFQ or POR, but any mod resort is good. thoughts?

Next trip with Me and DBFF Diane (25)!!

Check out my First trip to WDW TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3160264

xera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
waynesgirl
Maleficent is my hero!

If going mod, then POFQ is great IMO. It's smaller, nice theming, and a bit quieter.

However, my DH and I go as a couple a lot and we love the BW. It's close to Epcot, the Boardwalk area, DHS, and lots of transportation options in case you have adult beverages.

A split stay might be right up your alley. Good luck!
WDW Commando Member #138!!!!
Me DH DS24 DD20 DD16 DS8
9/'79-offsite DL; 9/'01-Offsite/ASMo;12/'01-Offsite; 9/'02-ASMo; 4/'03-ASMo; 9/'03-offsite; 11/'04-CSR; '05-Wedding and NEW BABY;9/'07-SSR; 4/'08-POR; 9/'08-CBR; 11/'08-WL; 4/'09-DLParis; 11/'09-POFQ; 4/'10-AKL; 11/'10-CR; 4/'11-BWI, from Italy!; 11/'11-YC; 9/'12-Wyndham; 11/'12-AoA/Cars; 2/'13 CSR; 3/'13-Dolphin; 8/'13-offsite; 10/'13-offsite; 11/'13-AlStSport; 2/'14-offsite; 4/'14-POP; 5/'14-DLParis- and many more.
waynesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Karabee
DIS Veteran

That's me as well and I find any resort works! In my 20's I've stayed at AKL, WL, OKW, GF, POR and CBR. All the resorts are great for kids - but they are also great for adults.
If you are looking at moderates only, you can't go wrong. I personally think CSR might be best for your party since it has a few more bars and amenities. POR and POFQ has the boat to DTD though. My least favorite is CBR, but I'm sure someone will point out why that is a good pick - because everyone has their favorites!

Keep a look out for deals also - it would be great to stay in the Boardwalk area since you can walk to 2 parks and you have some nightlife there. Plus you will be there during the Food and Wine festival and it would be great to just leave and walk back to your resort!

Honestly though, you can't go wrong with any of them and you will probably find yourself resort hoping to check out the different restaurants and sites.

Places checked off the hotel list : Poly, Poly CL, SSR, BC, DI, AKL, OKW, GF, WL, CBR, POR, POP
Karabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

I know you said you were looking into a MOD but I am 25, my DBF is 27 and we absolutely love POP (a value). We actually had this upcoming trip booked at CBR but decided about a month or so ago to change it to POP. The arcade is great for something to do, food court is easy, pools are nice, we find it has everything we need. Plus, we aren't in the room that much anyway since we try to spend every minute possible at the parks. Another perk of the value's is that they now have mini refrigerators in them just like the MOD's. Also, at the end of the night they have a ton of busses to accommodate all the people. So you rarely ever wait more than a few minutes for a bus. At any rate, enjoy your trip!!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Anniefrances
Mouseketeer

For an adult only trip I would try to stay in the Epcot area and purchase PHs so most nights could be include a nightcap/dessert and stroll in World Showcase. With discounts that are sometimes available the Swan or Dolphin might similar to mods budget-wise.
2001 offsite (shh! left a conference for the day to check it all out ), 2002 POR , 2003 Disneyland , 2004 BWI, cancelled--medical issues , 2005 Poly , 2007 POP , 2008 POP , 2009, POP , 2010 CR CL , 2011 WL , 2011 POP (short trip for G's birthday) , 2012 ASMo/CBR , 2013 AS Sp
Anniefrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Boardwalk.. Jelly rolls, drinking around the world.... The atmosphere is great and lots to do

All the stuff I would do if I didn't have to bring my kids..
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

POR is our favorite and I think better for your group than POFQ. POR has a much larger main pool with a longer slide, as well as several quiet pools. The boat
to Downtown Disney is a huge perk. Both POR and POFQ have live entertainment in their indoor lounges. If you haven't already, check out www.portorleans.org

I also think CSR would be great. Excellent main pool with a very long slide, and a pool bar that serves food right there. Also an adults only nightclub as well as the lakeside Laguna Bar.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #8
Amy&Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan
POR is our favorite and I think better for your group than POFQ. POR has a much larger main pool with a longer slide, as well as several quiet pools. The boat
to Downtown Disney is a huge perk. Both POR and POFQ have live entertainment in their indoor lounges. If you haven't already, check out www.portorleans.org

I also think CSR would be great. Excellent main pool with a very long slide, and a pool bar that serves food right there. Also an adults only nightclub as well as the lakeside Laguna Bar.

I also second Pop if you go the value route.

We love the mods the most, they are a good deal pricewise by Disney standards and offer quite a bit.

Have fun with your planning7

Old 08-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Amy&Dan

Quote:
Quote:

I also second Pop if you go the value route.

We love the mods the most, they are a good deal pricewise by Disney standards and offer quite a bit.

Have fun with your planning!

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
Amy&Dan

Wow, I really need to figure out how to edit with my phone app! Sorry for all the reposting lol.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
ke3d98
Disney Fanatic!

POFQ is the best resort in my opinion

ke3d98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #12
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I vote for YC & POR! Both are wonderful, beautiful & quiet.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd try my best to save and stay at one of the Epcot resorts. Can't go wrong with BW, BC, or YC!

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Boardwalk.Less kids, ease of access to epcot, walk to epcot and Hs.

Haven't done any mods, couldn't help there! I also like POP a lot for a value. (though the new animation looks awesome!)

awoogala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
dlhvac
THE BEAST

Thumbs up

my favorite is tree house villas hands down

dlhvac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult trip, favorite, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: