Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #31
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
ok ok ok I'm back! Woohoo! Cheekily reading and commenting during work! (It's taking me a while though because every time my editor walks past I have to flick to another webpage haha - so far this paragraph has taken me 2 hours to write, although I did just get sent on a McDonald's run for my colleagues. Apparently I wasn't busy enough! Haha)

But back to the regular commenting...

Your plans looks awesome, there is always a mad frenzy before you leave, I think it's the law, there needs to be! Haha.

I love that you're spending a day in Paris itself though, there's a direct train from Marne-la-Vallee that connects you so it's really easy Love it! I love the Eiffel Tower, although the queue is always too long so I've never been up, make sure you see it in the dark too, it's so pretty! Shopping is never a bad thing either, spend spend spend!! Haha

I absolutely love the Studios entrance (you'll see what I mean when you walk in - it's a giant sound stage) it gets me so excited! Make sure you hit Crushs's coaster first and then Toy Story land (I forget the actual name for it!) they get uber busy! and Tower of Terror, I swear some how it's scarier in French! It petrified me!!

Boo for leaving! That is all!

Oooh food!

Annette's Diner. Good choice! :thumbsup I think I've already told you how much I love it in there haha. I've never eaten at any of the other places but I've heard that the Plaza Gardens restaurant is incredible too!

I'm not sure if you can book Annette's, I seem to remember we try everytime but they always say no. That being said it might be different with the meal plan, try it! Haha.

Also, I think this may be the last time I comment before I leave (woo-hoo for the leaving but boo for the missing out on updates!) so don't hate me for my silence
Ahhh yes, I remember that Mcdonalds trip you got sent on - you didn't have anything & I told you off as it wasn't good training for the USA haha .

I know, I always think I've forgotten something like my phone charger or hair brush. Then I spend the next half hour looking through my things to see if I've got them I'm such a worrier. Now I just worry about what Andy's packed (he always try's to leave things till the day before, this puts me so on edge lol)!

Yeah I read about the train, I'm just worried I'll get off at the wrong stop (see worrying again)!! I'm really looking forward to the day in Paris - that smiley just reminds me of Paris haha. Can't wait for the shopping, don't know how I'm gonna get it all home though. I need to check my luggage weight before I go - please remind me to do this lol!

I can't wait for our day at the Studios, other than seeing the castle, I think this is what I'm most looking forward to. I LOVE Tower of Terror in WDW, one of my fave rides, so I'm glad the DLP one is scary .

I hope your having an amazing time in WDW, I'm still super jealous .. It's raining & cold here. I've just booked my airport parking to cheer myself up lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieeyre View Post
The plan is AMAZING!!! So jealous you are going to actual Paris!!! That is going to be so romantic!!! Im actually so jealous now its crazy!!!!

Your restaurant choices sound really really good!! Im so jealous!!! :D

Laura is 100% right, you want to get to the studios early then RUN to crushs coaster!! It is SUCH a good ride!!! But it breaks down alot so you want to get on it early!!

So excited to see what is going to come next!!!

I've missed you guys! Going to Wales with no signal was no fun!! I had to go to a specific point in the field centre to get signal!!! So stupid, everywhere needs full signal!!!

I can't wait!! EEEEKKK, I'm so excited haha! It's so nice that we get to do something romantic together.. When we are at home we don't really have time with work, gym etc .

Well I chose mostly buffets because they are my fave who doesn't love food!? I saw some pictures of the desserts at The Plaza Garden Restaurant - OMG I AM IN LOVE. I will probably come back about 4 clothes sizes bigger but who cares!

OOOO.. what exactly is Crushes coaster?? I think I read a little bit about it, but can't remember .

I missed you as well!! Having no signal is rubbish - I hardly get any at Andy's, stresses me out when somebody calls me & it's just crackling lol. Well, now your in sunny Spain getting a tan & I'm stuck here. This is just not fair .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hey girl! It's Marissa from twitter. I'm really excited about this! I don't know a darn thing about DLP, unfortunately, so I can't be of any help. However, I'm still very interested to hear all your plans and I'll be excited to hear about the trip once you get back too!
Hi sweet!! Well, we are in the same boat at the moment, because I don't really have a clue about DLP either lol! Thank you - I can't wait to write the trip report and share it all with you
ChelseyBun20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Change of Plans

Well, we've had a little chat over the last few days and have made some changes to our plans. We were originally going to drive to Birmingham airport in the morning, but as we had to park the car, catch the shuttle to the terminal AND be there 2 hours before, we were going to have to leave home mega early!

So we decided on an overnight stay at an airport hotel the night before - this makes it so much easier for us! I've been looking at prices over the last few days and eventually settled on the Travelodge near BHX airport!

It's a pretty basic hotel, but for only £25, I can't really complain!

Most of the rooms have this view:

Which is pretty cool!! We can spend the evening plane watching and getting excited that it will be our turn to jet off the following morning.

I have also booked the airport parking through airparks.co.uk. It was originally going to be £15.99, but I had a discount code so I only ended up paying £14.00! Every little penny counts!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #33
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Heyyyy :D I'm back! Woohoo! I'm so excited this is coming so soon now! Time is flying, this time last month I was counting down to my trip, can't believe that's all over now and we're counting down to yours (not that that is in any way a bad thing!)

Oooh hotels before you go on holiday always make things that bit more exciting! It gets you into holiday mode so much earlier! I love it! And at £25 that's incredible! Yay for travel lodges!

Eek I can't believe quit your worrying! (I am def not one to talk but oh well) seriously, if you miss the stop you miss the stop! It all adds to the adventure! We decided to just let go this holiday and it made it SO much better!

Excited for you! :D

Ps that McDonalds trip made my car smell for days, unimpressed! And given how much I ate in WDW I'm glad I didn't have one, I'd be the size of a whale otherwise!

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
disneyhockeymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #34
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Your PTR is brilliant! I'm sure your trip will be amazing. I stayed in the Santa Fe in 2005 and have very fond memories . Definitely go to Hakuna Matata for lunch one day, I am still dreaming about their chicken strips a month later...
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #35
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Shopping

Well I haven't update in a while.. That long in fact that it is now only 18 DAYS until we are in DLP!!! I'm far too excited, I can't concentrate on anything else I'm meant to be doing in my life! All I can think about is seeing Mickey again, eating Disney food, seeing Dreams and the parade and also seeing the castle for the first time. Ahhh, I just can't wait.

Anyway, back to the point of this update.. I have been doing a little bit of shopping for our trip. I checked the weather forecast for Paris recently and it was showing temperatures of 10 degrees as the highest and 3 as the lowest!! I definitely need to pack my jumpers.

Sooo, I have some new clothes;

White Jumper

Checked Shirt

Space Leggings (to wear with the white jumper)!

Aztec Scarf (to also match the jumper & leggings)

I've also done some toiletries and food shopping. I thought we'd take some snacky items instead of paying the prices withing the parks;

We are going to take the drinks (got to get some more yet) and snack bars with us into the parks. The pringles are mainly for the day we go into Paris City, as we will be taking sandwiches too. Biscuits & Chocolate is just purely because I know Andy will be starving constantly.

Not doing too well with the Toiletries yet!

Also got to umbrella's - just in case. Don't want to be looking like a drowned rat just before one of our sit down meals .

We have a bit more shopping to do yet - Andy needs some jumpers & some warm shoes! I will post the rest of our goods in the next update just wanted to do a quick one today to let you know what I'd been up to!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Cute clothes girl! Seriously. I can't believe your trip is so soon! That's so exciting.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #37
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Ooh love that white jumper and the scarf, too nice! :D I am a bit of a scarf hoarder haha. Good idea taking snacks, especially if Andy gets hungry constantly!! Can't believe it's so close, eeeep! So excited for you! :D

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
disneyhockeymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: