Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #91
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I ordered a brother pe770 a few weeks ago and am so excited however heres the laugh. I haven't touched it yet! I haven't had time. My mom's mission is to test and play with it. By the time I get home from work around 7 after a full day teaching at school with a good class or a bad class, then V from around 4-6/6:30 (or 8 on wed!) I'm exhausted and sewing is the last thing on my mind. But I've been busy and my mom has been helping and doing get some projects done.
V leaves with her parents in 1 week for a Disney 4 night cruise. I am working on a Cruise dress for her, a princess skirt and matching shirt and I've made a patchwork skirt and just need to make the matching shirt. It should all get accomplished in time! (I hope)

One of these days I will get around to posting pics of the outfits!

I WILL Do a TR update next week after V is gone!
I feel personally responsible for you buying the embroidery machine when you did, so I have to live vicariously through you! I can't WAIT to see the pictures!

I wanted to say:

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #92
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I can't wait to see everything you made for V for her cruise!

Just stopping by to wish you a...

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #93
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Catching up luving the Tea Party pics and luv V's pose in front of the Castle.

Last edited by petals; 12-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #94
nannye
DIS Veteran

Hello! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

So V's cruise stuff was finished at the last possible second, I had to deliver it the next morning. My mom and I worked on it. I did all the appliquees and cutting and put the bodice together. my mom did the ruffles and attaching the skirt to the bodice. It took the majority of two days to non stop to make. Insane amount of time. My embroidery machine was not easy peasy to figure out.

I made two skirts, a simple princess twirl skirt and a christmas themed Patchwork twirl skirt. I made these shirts to match.

The dress was a Simply Sweet, but we added panels of different fabric which made the dress REALLY full! it nearly doubled the width of it. We also altered doing 3 layers of ruffles which done by hand took a REALLY long time.
The end Result was fabulous, I'm pretty proud of it.

front

Back

Appliquees

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #95
nannye
DIS Veteran

pics of V's cruise! I was just on Facebook and got some.
V's dad said she wore her cruise dress the first day and she got lots of attention!

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...82261782_n.jpg

This one is NOT a good picture lol, BUT I am 99% sure she is wearing the christmas or the princess outfit I made, just based on the look of her sleeve!

and back in Sarasota catching up on sleep.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 12-25-2012, 04:42 AM   #96
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

ERIN!!!!!! Those are AMAZING! All of them!! Thank you for sharing.

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #97
nannye
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Friday July 6th 2012
Part 1: A Grumpy Breakfast

About 7 weeks before leaving for our trip I ordered 2 dresses for V. One was for our day at Animal Kingdom and the second for our dinner at Chef Mickey. I knew I was cutting it a little close but as long as it shipped out within a week as was guaranteed I would be fine. After about 3 weeks I contacted the seller since I hadnt gotten an email that it had shipped. I was horrified to hear that she had run out of the material she needed and shed placed an order and was waiting for it. I explained when my trip was and asked her to please keep me updated. 2 weeks later... I still hadnt heard from her so I emailed again to ask the status and to remind her to email me when it was done as I would pay extra for faster shipping. Her response was that she had finished the dress and had shipped it the day before. Well CRAP!!!!! We had 2 weeks until we left and coupled with holidays I was so worried it wouldnt get there in time. Thus began my war with the mail. We were getting down to crunch time and still nothing. My mom and I were working our hardest to get Vs costumes done and each day I checked the mail with earnest but nothing. Nothing on Thursday and Friday was the last day for mail delivery; we were leaving Saturday afternoon. Friday morning I was on the computer ironing out more trip plans when I heard, Erin you have a package I will not lie, there were actual tears! I was so happy that they had come at the last possible moment. It even overshadowed the fact that I was slightly unimpressed with the fact that the one dress had an extremely short tie and you couldn't do anything more than a knot and there were still threads needing to be cut. I began to wonder about the delay of all this.
Unfortunately the bows I had ordered did not arrive in time. Too bad. But it was my fault for leaving it too long but oh well the dresses were there and that was what mattered the most.
Erin =1, undeliverable Mail = 1 (we were tied)

**** Back to Disney****

My alarm went off early on day 2; Far too early if you ask me! I dont think I got to bed the night before until well after 1 am and we had to be up early for our breakfast reservation! I got up and got ready pretty quickly making sure to lather on the sunscreen because I would sure need it. I try to get everything ready before waking up V because then I can just focus on getting her dressed and out the door. We had an 8am breakfast to get to so I was probably up by 6:15, showered and ready by 6:45 to get V up. Im surprised V didnt wake up to my alarm, its not exactly quiet!
V was a little slow to wake up that morning. Shed had a late night the night before and even though we had rushed straight back and right to bed, she was still tired and grumpy. Not that I blamed her! She was used to going to bed at 8 and shed gone to bed at 11 and was up around 6:45. She did okay though. She loved her Animal Kingdom Dress and I was so disappointed to discover it was too big! Despite giving her measurements to the person who made it, it was still quite big on her and I had to keep retying it all day.
After getting V slathered in sunscreen, dressed and everything packed including lots of extra bottled water we were off. We made it to the bus for 7:15. I dont remember having to wait too long and then we got on and we were off!!! Any guesses as to where we were going?
Hows this for a clue!

We had reservations with Donald!!!!! We had an 8 am reservation at Tusker House and it was bordering 7:55 so we were a little behind schedule. After taking a quick picture at the front we headed up to the turnstiles to be let in. We headed straight for the CM I knew was letting those in who had breakfast ressies as Id seen another family go there. We were about 2 feet in front of him when he saw another group trying to go through a different turnstile and called them over to chat well it wasnt just a little group, and then they stopped and waited for the rest of their huge group to catch up. Then couldnt find their names on the reservation sheet because they were too early for their reservation and then werent allowed into the park and had to sit and wait!

Why on earth does Animal Kingdom have to be the only park that slows things down by checking reservation names? Sigh, we werent waiting too long but long enough to be grumpy that we were cut in line and delayed (yes it was too early and I was too tired!).

Once we got in I pushed V in the stroller to Tusker House. Holy moly it was a longer walk than I was expecting. I was sweating by the time we got there. We joined the line to check in at the booth and I was relieved when we were told to go right in awesome! Despite being late we were good to go. Then I saw the line to wait in to get your picture taken with Donald. Aye Carumba! It was long. It was 8:25 by the time we got our pictures taken with Donald. 25 min late for our 8 am seat time! V was beyond hungry and grumpy.

Once we got seated I took V to get some food ASAP as the characters were nearing our table.

We got back just in time to see
Mickey

& Daisy

While V was visiting with Daisy the parade started and she took V along. I dont know what was up with V this day but I think it was just taking her longer to warm up to characters since she freaked and left the parade as you can see in this short video clip. You can't really see it but the look on her face said "I want to cry get away from me lol"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMnek...ature=youtu.be

& Goofy!

I am a horrible diser and did not get pics of our food. Like most kids her age, V has turned into a picky eater so I wasnt able to get her to eat a whole lot and she was tired. It was at this point I was realizing that doing the dessert party was a BAD idea!!!! It really didnt work into our schedule to do it another day, but in the future I would never do it nor any late night on the first day again. I wasnt a huge fan of the food at Tusker House. I think it was just a little bit too out there for me and again I didnt know what I could eat and couldnt it and at that point I wasnt going to spend the time to find out. I loved the jambo juice! I managed to get V to eat a little egg and some fruit.

After we finished eating we got the bill and headed to our first ride. Can you guess where?

Vs Animal Kingdom Dress Photoshoot pics!

Previous Character Count: 4
This Chapter: 4
Total Count: 8

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Last edited by nannye; 01-04-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #98
nannye
DIS Veteran

Grrr just looking at the bow on that AK dress annoys me. It was the worst looking bow i've seen. It hardly even looks like one!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #99
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I feel personally responsible for you buying the embroidery machine when you did, so I have to live vicariously through you! I can't WAIT to see the pictures!

I wanted to say:

H ah ah Judy Yes it is all YOUR fault!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #100
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I can't wait to see everything you made for V for her cruise!

Just stopping by to wish you a...

D~
Thank you D!!! I posted the pics of the cruise and dress a few pics up.
They had a blast but i don't think her parents will be taking her on a cruise again. Her mom didn't really like it. Party poopers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Catching up luving the Tea Party pics and luv V's pose in front of the Castle.
Aww thanks glad to see you the tea party was so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
[CENTER]
ERIN!!!!!! Those are AMAZING! All of them!! Thank you for sharing.

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

CENTER]
Oh Thank you so much Judy!!!! and thank you for the christmas and New Year Wishes. I had wanted to reply sooner but despite it being the holidays, i had no time! been busy busy busy. My dad reformatted my computer. It took him 2 days!!!

I am so happy with how the dress turned out. I just wish I could have been there!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #101
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I totally missed your cruise dress posting! It turned out so amazing! I love all of the embroidery on it... A few of those are my all time favorites - and I am tempted to go on a cruise just to get those and use them. LOL Pretty sad.

I just love everything you made - and I think you have quite a talent! You should be so proud!

Personally, I think the AK dress is adorable... I love the fabrics that were chosen - and despite the wonky bow, I still think it's cute. It looks like a comfy dress to have fun in.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #102
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I totally missed your cruise dress posting! It turned out so amazing! I love all of the embroidery on it... A few of those are my all time favorites - and I am tempted to go on a cruise just to get those and use them. LOL Pretty sad.

I just love everything you made - and I think you have quite a talent! You should be so proud!

Personally, I think the AK dress is adorable... I love the fabrics that were chosen - and despite the wonky bow, I still think it's cute. It looks like a comfy dress to have fun in.

D~
Oh yes! I liked the dress. it just seemed so very hastily made resulting in a wonky bow. It was comfy for V and that was what I wanted!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #103
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Erin,
Finally had a moment to catch up on your trip report and loving it! Looks like V is having a great trip Loving all of her outfits - you are very creative!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #104
blessedmom4

Quote:
H ah ah Judy Yes it is all YOUR fault!
I am just glad I didn't have to pay for it. It was easier to spend your money!
Quote:
They had a blast but i don't think her parents will be taking her on a cruise again. Her mom didn't really like it. Party poopers!
I KNOW!! They will just have to send you next time!

Oh Thank you so much Judy!!!! and thank you for the christmas and New Year Wishes. I had wanted to reply sooner but despite it being the holidays, i had no time! been busy busy busy. My dad reformatted my computer. It took him 2 days!!!
Glad you have your computer back, I always feel lost without mine!
I am so happy with how the dress turned out. I just wish I could have been there!
It was/is GORGEOUS!!! I want a cruise as well!

You slipped an update in on me. LOVE the dress! V is so blessed, I know I keep saying it, but it is true!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #105
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Lovin the update
petals is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: