Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #61
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I just have to say YIPEEEEE!!!!!! Next time I go to Disney I will have a D bag. so darn excited!
Yay! Welcome to the club She's so amazingly talented!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #62
nannye
DIS Veteran

Hoping for an update this weekend, just so busy!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #63
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Yay!!! Looking forward to it!

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #64
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Excellent update Erin!!!

I love those rooms - they really are magical. And I think it was an amazing idea on Disney's part to do some themed rooms - even if they do cost more.

You and V look so happy! I wish I lived close enough to Disney to drive there - I would be in heaven for sure!

And I am sure you purposefully left out pictures of the Alice dress (is it doll or girl size? Or both?) - so I am very anxious to see that - you know how I am about things like that.

Thanks for the marvelous update!

D~
The rooms truly were magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
what a wonderul surprise for V! sounds like you got a great room and the view is very pretty!

hope you will be posting photos with all the cute outfits!
Coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
You sound like an amazing nanny! I can't wait to see all the outfits you sewed for V, they sound beautiful!
My mom did most of them. I did try my hand at it, but she usually ended up finishing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Great update! And what a great room location You make me wish I had chosen POR instead of POFQ for our July trip. I have just a boy, so I'm not sure when I will ever get to stay in a Royal Room....they just look so neat! Can't wait to hear about the tea party
Oh they are totally for boys too, they aren't completely girly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandite View Post
I am so looking forward to hearing about the tea party. I have only heard about it on one other post. I think the kids have to go in alone with no adults, so not sure my 5 year old would be up for that, but will see how your V does.
V LOVED it and if need be, you are right in the hotel so that would be reassuring that your daughter would be allowed to come out and check in with you. The CM's are FANTASTIC tho. I would bet she would have so much fun, she wouldn't even notice you weren't there. V has been going to Preschool since 2.5 and has always separated quite easily tho so i wasn't worried about her. It really was fabulous for the kids and was even more special for them that parents weren't allowed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Congrats!
Still haven't figured out how to use the serger, it has been so busy. I don't work full time, yet am still always so unbelievably busy. Always something going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Great update, I love the way the royal rooms look! Too bad I probably will never get to stay in them, I think I've "outgrown" them now and by the time I finance my own trips there will probably be something new and exciting.

I can't wait to read about the Wonderland tea party, Alice is my favorite. This just sounds like such a magical trip, what a lucky little girl!
Nah the royal rooms are FAB I would totally stay there again on a girls trip.

Quote:
Yay! Welcome to the club She's so amazingly talented!
So excited, still have to pick a theme.

Quote:
Sorry everyone for the non updates in so long. I have been so busy. It's always just one thing after another. Photography season and editing was in full swing. I had about 10 sessions which isn't a lot but editing is time consuming. Work has picked up and of course V after school.

Last weekend my mom and I held our Just Scrap It Crop. so the two weeks leading up to that were insane. Lots of shopping and prep work.
It was A LOT of work but it does pay off. After all the bills were paid, $5 from each scrapbooker was donated to the Multiple Sclerosis Society in our area. We have to have a fundraising portion of it in order to hold it at the church, so we've decided to run our crops like this from now on. We are able to then hold 3 crops a year with at least $200 each time going to MS and after the bills are paid, whatever is left is our profit.
It's a fab day, we always get lots of compliments and everyone has a wonderful time. We prepare for about 40 women, including home baked goods, snacks, lunch of sandwhiches, soup, pasta salad, cheese crackers etc..., afternoon snacks of taco dip, chips, veggies, dip, popcorn. Victoria came and held a lemonade stand since the theme of our crop was summer. Dinner was lasagna, chili, mac n cheese, Hoop Dee Doo Cornbread, pulled pork, garlic bread cesar salad and more and dessert was ice cream sundaes, strawberry shortcake & cupcakes. There was also prizes and games and such. It's a really big day. It is sat from 9-9 but really major cooking starts thursday so we're on our feet most of that day. Friday is more cooking pretty much all day and my dad and I go set up the hall. Cooking prep and packing usually lasts until Midnight and finally bed around 1. I am up and at the church for 7 am and start bringing stuff in and getting stuff set up. we are mostly on our feet all day (NOT good for my mom). This time we bought reusable plastic plates that we wash which added to the workload tho far better for the environment. Ends at 9 and we are usually out by 10, get home and unload and put leftovers away. then everthing sits in the living room. Bath and bed by midnight.

The next day we do nothing. Usually so sore to move that doing anything hurts lol. As a result all of our supplies are still sitting in the living room. They MUST be put away today after i finish posting.

The end result was a profit of $650. We used $150 to reinvest in our next crop in January leaving $500 in the Disney Fund. I really want to take a trip with my parents and brother. The money we make from crops will fund that. It will take a good few years

and on to more important things.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #65
nannye
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update!

V's Lemonade Stand. All scrapbookers were given a quarter for the lemonade stand. most used theirs, some didn't and others topped off with a dollar or more. She made $17!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #66
nannye
DIS Veteran

Day 1
Part 3: Off to Wonderland!
(Sorry this one is a bit boring  nothing exciting happening)

(Recap: We arrived at Disney said good bye to Vs parents and got ready for the Wonderland Tea Party)

When I looked at the clock I realized crap we were later than I thought. I got V dressed really quickly. I did not bring the stroller and we were off! As we were nearing the front depot I saw a bus and prayed it was NOT a Magic Kingdom bus. Unfortunately it was so we sat and waited. I was so nervous, because I knew it was a drive to MK then we would have to take a bus to Grand Floridian, or monorail or boat. The plan was to take the bus since it would be closest to where we were dropped off. I knew that we would take a while on the bus to get to Magic Kingdom as we would have to go to French quarter first.
I was AMAZED when we pulled out of Riverside and DID NOT STOP! The bus had gone backwards and had already been to French quarter and all the other Riverside stops we were the last pick up and we headed straight to Magic Kingdom. I was so happy. We were there super fast and I realized we had LOTS of time to kill. I knew we wouldnt take the bus, and had to decide between the monorail and the boat. I knew we would get a chance to ride the monorail on our last day without a doubt and V had ridden the monorail previously so I chose the shuttle boat. We didnt have to wait too long for the boat and had a nice chat with a family from Texas staying at the Grand Floridian. I believe the discussion revolved mostly around Vs American Girl doll. V and I also discussed names for her doll and not to my surprise she picked Elizabeth. Vs good friends are Avery Elizabeth and Ava. I was certain she would pick one of those names for her doll and she did! She named her doll Elizabeth Ava P.....
We amused ourselves waiting for the boat and I snapped a few pics of V.

Once the boat docked we headed in to the Grand Floridian ate a snack since we skipped lunch and then checked in at 1900 Park Fare for the Wonderland Tea Party. She started coloring and CM immediately noticed her costume and complimented. I was surprised there werent any other kids dressed up. I had seen pictures from other Trip Reports and in most there were a couple kids dressed up. The CMs also raved about her personalized autograph book. Thanks to the kindness of Disigners on Dis, I was able to make her a personalized autograph book and other invites and such. V adored the extra attention.

Soon it was time for her to go in. NO ADULTS ALLOWED! V made sure to tell me that! I grabbed my buzzer and said goodbye. I had an hour of freedom! What to do? Really it was a shame that this hour of freedom happened at the BEGINNING of our trip because I was not into relaxing. I was rearing to go.
I headed to the small shop on the main floor and poked around, bought a bag of chips since I had completely skipped eating thus far that day and finally realized that this was not the main gift shop. I was on a mission searching for a very specific souvenir! I headed up stairs and found it! It was the Minnie Mouse Doll Dress. I had wanted to make Vs doll a matching Minnie Mouse dress, but we just didnt have time before we left. I had checked with a few other Dis members and knew I could buy a doll dress. There was some hesitation as we werent sure if it would fit properly. The dresses were designed for the Disney Princess Doll and it was a 15 inch doll. I was THRILLED when I picked up the box to discover they had redone the dresses and now it said right on the box they fit 18 inch dolls. I grabbed it, looked around at a few other things and then headed back down stairs, found a spot and set to work at trying to get into the box. Why on earth do they make things SO difficult to get in to?

After I got Elizabeth changed, she was ready for V. A lady came and sat in the chair opposite and we chatted a little bit. This was probably the oddest experience that left me incredibly confused. She had a lot of bags and a bunch of stuffed animal kittens and other things related to kittens. She told me she wasnt sure how she was getting home as her ride wasnt coming. It seemed like she was just sitting there waiting to see if someone picked her up. Some of the staff said hi to her and asked how she was, so I was starting to wonder if she worked there but she had all this luggage. She was very shabbily dressed and didn't seem to fit in at The Grand Floridian, I was just confused. She was a very nice lady, slightly elderly. Soon it was time to pick up V and I said good bye and headed over there.

It was so sweet, I got flowers and she had made a picture frame at the tea party. I put the flowers in our back pack and took V to take off her Alice costume and she put her Minnie skirt back on.
Photo Pass Pics from the Wonderland Tea Party

We headed outside to wait for the bus to Down Town Disney for a little exploring. While we waited I showed her Elizabeth and she was ecstatic over the Minnie costume. Soon the bus came and it was off to DTD for us!

Once we were home from Disney we had a little photo session with V and all her costumes.
Here is Alice!

Next up Down Town Disney!

Character Count: 2

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Last edited by nannye; 01-04-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #67
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

She has been at the GF for years.. she and her husband used to go and listen to the music. He died in 2008 and from time to time she returns. The staff knows her well.. she doesn't cause problems.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #68
DMGeurts

Loved the update Erin!

V is adorable in her Alice dress... And I love all the pictures of her in it. It looks like she had a wonderful time at the tea party!

And I bet Elizabeth was gorgeous in her new dress as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
She has been at the GF for years.. she and her husband used to go and listen to the music. He died in 2008 and from time to time she returns. The staff knows her well.. she doesn't cause problems.
I have heard of this couple - and that's who I suspected it was when Erin mentioned it. Such a sad story.

D~
Old 10-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #69
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Quote:
Loved the update Erin!

V is adorable in her Alice dress... And I love all the pictures of her in it. It looks like she had a wonderful time at the tea party!

And I bet Elizabeth was gorgeous in her new dress as well!

I have heard of this couple - and that's who I suspected it was when Erin mentioned it. Such a sad story.

D~
That is so sad. She was a really nice lady!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #70
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I know you understand why I have been MIA. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a

I LOVED the fundraiser for MS, you are such a caring, giving person and i HOPE one day to meet you!

LOVED the Alice Tea Party, my girls had such a great time there when Lisa was a tiny little thing. They didn't do that photo op with Alice and the Mad Hatter, LOVE it!!! Great pics and update.

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #71
DMGeurts

Just wanted to wish you and V a Happy Halloween!

D~
Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #72
solana131
DIS Veteran

V looked so cute in her Alice dress Glad she had a good time at the tea party. And glad the bus cooperated with you....they ALWAYS picked up at FQ first when we were there. Sometimes we didn't go to POR at all, but when we shared, we (at FQ) were always picked up first. But glad it worked out for you...nice to have some extra time to just relax!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #73
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I know you understand why I have been MIA. I just wanted to stop by and wish you a

I LOVED the fundraiser for MS, you are such a caring, giving person and i HOPE one day to meet you!

LOVED the Alice Tea Party, my girls had such a great time there when Lisa was a tiny little thing. They didn't do that photo op with Alice and the Mad Hatter, LOVE it!!! Great pics and update.

Thanks so much. It is so nice that they added the the photo pass in with the tea party, I know it is relatively new. So nice because otherwise parents do not get to see what is going on. V had such a blast there.

Quote:
Just wanted to wish you and V a Happy Halloween!

D~
Thanks D!

Quote:
V looked so cute in her Alice dress Glad she had a good time at the tea party. And glad the bus cooperated with you....they ALWAYS picked up at FQ first when we were there. Sometimes we didn't go to POR at all, but when we shared, we (at FQ) were always picked up first. But glad it worked out for you...nice to have some extra time to just relax!
I know so funny because it was exactly the opposite for us. we were usually first or second to get picked up then 1-2 more riverside stops and then FQ.

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 10-31-2012, 07:11 PM   #74
nannye
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Halloween Wishes. V went to school in her Mary costume from Disney. She had to change at lunch into regular clothes. I picked her up, got her changed and dropped her off at her dads work for some trick or treating and then he took her home to get changed into her pirate princess costume and went trick or treating.

I was pretty much in tears this afternoon so mad angry, frustrated and upset (And PMSing not that you all needed to know that). A few things happened today and I didn't sleep well so all things just building up. I bought halloween fabric to make V a halloween skirt. In fact I ended up buying it twice! because I settled on the first lot 1/2 yard of 4 diff fabrics and it was a good deal on sale. Then I found fabric I liked better it was not on sale but I bought it anyways, 1/8 of a yard of each. I wanted to make V a stripwork twirl skirt. I got so busy I just didn't get time to make it. Last Thursday I decided to take off from work despite getting 4 full day job offers. I didn't want to fail on my promise to make her a skirt and figured I would get it done, could give it to her friday. She could wear it to school Monday and then wed afternoon on halloween. Her mom was away all last week. I started it. I didn't get to finish it. My mom finished it. She stayed up half the night finishing it. I brought V over friday afterschool tried it on her and she loved it! Took it home, explained it to Daddy. Her mom came home from Florida on Sunday and didn't see it. I told her mom about her Halloween skirt on Monday and that she wanted to wear it wednesday afternoon. her mom was like what halloween skirt? I explained I made it.
Today I got a txt from her mom that said her Mary hat and umbrella should be in her cubby and that She sent a dress to put on right over top of herMary underskirt.

NO HALLOWEEN SKIRT!!!!!!!!!

The damn skirt took about 12 hours to make minimum maybe more.

Her mom just stuck a dress in her bag, didn't ask V what she wanted or V may have remembered the damn halloween skirt. She just stuck a dress in thinking it was easier cuz V would leave half her Mary costume on (which I might add she did not. She took the whole thing off (well left the tights on)

So I just txt back, oh she didn't want her Halloween skirt? That's too bad I thought she really liked it, oh well I guess she can wear it after Halloween.

I was SO MAD.

I hope it was an honest mistake and it was probably my fault I should have told V to go up and get the halloween skirt and show her mom. I told her to show mom the skirt after dinner, but she didn't. If her mom had seen the skirt she might have remembered.

Sigh, off to whallow in self pity.

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #75
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Erin,
Loving your TR so far! V looks absolutely adorable in her Alice outfit (I like hers better than the real Alice).
I wish I could have made it to your Scrapbook event, I really am aiming to be there in January... Do you know what your theme will be yet?
Hope you are keeping busy supplying Last week I worked almost everyday, this week 1 day so you never know.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: