Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
alyssaswish
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to read about all of your fun together! V is precious!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Love all the pics of her through the years. She looks like she has grown so much since last year's trip!!
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Can't wait to hear about your trip! Love all the pics of her through the years. She looks like she has grown so much since last year's trip!!

I believe she grew 3 inches since last summer! Looking at the pictures, I think it's the age 3 to 4 that is the biggest difference to me.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Oh your relationship with V is too cute! I love that your her nanny and you guys get to spend so much time together doing fun things! Also that was pretty great that her parents footed most of the bill the first time around!

She is too cute with that gorgeous red hair, like a little Ariel! Can't wait to read the rest of the TR, curious to see how she handles the heat!

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
TinkNH
just not quite ready to let go of summer and flip flops
I can craft and type

Joining in

Carolyn DH DD (10) DS (4)DD (4)
4/1984 offsite
10/1995 Honeymoon Grand Floridian
10/2005 Anniversary Weekend at Swan
9/2006 Family trip to Polynesian for 3
9/2012 Family trip to Polynesian for 5!

TinkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #21
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah! Thanks for letting me know about your TR. Can't wait to read along!
Glad you made it Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
what a lucky little girl Miss V is to have you in her life! what fun you two must have together!

can't wait to see the "surprise" revealed!!!
Oh I don't know I'm pretty lucky to have them. We have a pretty unique relationship. What family you know would let the nanny take their daughter to Disney! lol I am super duper lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Thought I'd join in for another trip with ya!
Welcome Carey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Joining in! I linked over from D's TR. This looks like so much fun! Can't wait to hear more and how you surprised her
Oh it was fun, coming up soon, Hopefully this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
joining in.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom1218 View Post
Joining in as well, Can not wait to read more.
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandite View Post
Just read the start to your trip! There is a little boy in my daughter's piano class who has a nanny full time much like you are. Their relationship is just so precious and it sounds like you and V's is as well! Can't wait to read more!
It's a pretty great thing, very unique. V's grandma once tried to describe it to someone else at a family get together, I happen to be there for. "Well it's like a big sister, well no not really... an aunt....." finally she just gave up and said. "You can't explain it, it just is what it is." I think my MB's side of the family (MB=Mom Boss) thinks having a nanny is over the top rather than daycare, but hey if you can afford it..... I think I relate being a nanny to a sort of similar relationship as a step parent. Of course that said, I've never had a step parent so I'm not sure if that is an accurate description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssaswish View Post
I can't wait to read about all of your fun together! V is precious!
She is a doll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
She really has. Junior Kindergarten and school=attitude however. There was more boundry testing with words and attitudes and just more voicing her opinions and not listening this year than the "terrible two's" lol. Her Two's were great! (well aside from the potty training but that is a whole other story that we won't get in to!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtonostalgia View Post
Oh your relationship with V is too cute! I love that your her nanny and you guys get to spend so much time together doing fun things! Also that was pretty great that her parents footed most of the bill the first time around!
Yes it was awesome her parents did foot the bill last year... I'm not going to lie some comments MB (Mom Boss) made just after our trip makes me think that just maybe there could be a trip next summer. I of course Cannot pay for it. So there won't be a trip if I am paying for it!
She is too cute with that gorgeous red hair, like a little Ariel! Can't wait to read the rest of the TR, curious to see how she handles the heat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post
Joining in
Welcome!

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #22
nannye
DIS Veteran

Prologue: Elizabeth

I should have also introduced Elizabeth! I forgot about her a bit, but she definitely is an important part of our trip!

V got her on our trip. After being on Disboutiquers thread and then finding D's PTR and such, I ended up deciding to get V an American Girl Doll.

Special Thanks to Janet, Judy, and D (an whoever else!) for answering questions for me as I tried to figure out which one to buy.

I ended up ordering the red curly haired doll with blue eyes. They did not have a red curly haired doll with brown eyes. There was a red haired doll with straight hair and brown eyes but the hair on the curly haired one looked so much like V's I decided the hair was more important than the eye color.

After getting her, V was very quick to name her Elizabeth. I wasn't surprised. I figured her name would either be Elizabeth or Ava or Avery. Those are the names of V's friends from school. I "may have tried to convice her to go with Ava... but she chose Elizabeth. Elizabeth Ava P....

Here are two more pics. The dresses V and Elizabeth are wearing are dresses I made last spring. My first attempt at sewing since 7th grade!

Is the larger size font easier to read/find posts or just annoying?

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 AM   #23
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

subbing...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #24
newtexan
DIS Veteran

jumped over from the ptr...great cakes you made!

newtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
Lynn57
DIS Veteran

So glad I found your next trip report! Can't wait to hear all about the surprise!
Feb. 2006- Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House
April 2007- Beach Club Villas
Feb. 2011- Bay Lake Towers
Dec. 2011- Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Sept. 2012- Boardwalk Villas (Tower of Terror 10 Mile!)
April 2013- Old Key West
April 2014- Old Key West
Lynn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
addictedtonostalgia
Believing in the Invisible Lights

Wow, I couldn't tell that you were relatively inexperienced at sewing, I thought those were store-bought! I have auburn hair and I grew up loving American Girl but I couldn't get one who looked like me, unlike my sister.

What great pictures!

Oh, and I the fabric you used!

professional DIS threads lurker
addictedtonostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #27
Carlyluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

V is a lucky little girl! Sounds like a great trip. I'll be following along. I have a 6yr.old and it sounds like she likes a lot of the same things as V. We stayed in a royal guest room in June.

2010-Fort Wilderness in a travel trailer
2011-POFQ,POP,AKL
2012-Beach Club,Fort Wilderness Cabins,CSR,
POR Royal guestroom,AllStarSports,POFQ
Carlyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
Kristi391
Mouseketeer

Joining in!!!

This is so great! I have a 2.5 year old nephew who I take care of during the summer and quite a bit during the school year (I am a teacher too!) and I can't wait to be able to take him on special fun vacations. :-)

Can't wait to read more!

Past Trips
1974-Off Site
1976-Off Site
1984-Fort Wilderness
1999-Off Site
2002-Off Site
2003-All Star Music
2004-Pop Century
2005-Off Site
2007-Pop Century
2011-Pop Century
2012-Pop Century
2013-All-Star Movies
2013-Pop Century
2014-Port Orleans French Quarter
Kristi391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

OMG!!! I don't believe you haven't ever shown me those adorable matching dresses!!!

I cannot believe how much V has grown even since your last trip! She is just precious!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

ERIN!!!!!!! I am FINALLY HERE and what an AMAZING START!!!! Once again I am wishing you were OUR Nanny! Ladies and Gentleman, she sews, she tye-dyes, she makes amazing cakes...and she adores V as if she had given birth to her! I am so excited to see more of your fabulous creations and so excited to read about the journey and HOW V finds out she is going on this adventure of epic proportions!!! And, of course, I LOVE ELIZABETH!!!!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: