Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #151
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
(cont)

So after my bribery and getting my photo pass card back we were off to meet our first princess of the day.
[/COLOR][/B]
V looks beautiful in her dress and BBB expericience! Just have to laugh at the toothy grin, that they all seem to get around that age! Nothing wrong with a little bribery

We had to bribery too, as soon as we walked out of BBB, DGD wanted to take her dress off And, was quite demanding to 'take this off now!'... til I said, 'you really don't want to take your dress off infront of ALL these people' and she had to keep on for breakfast at CRT. Once inside for breakfast she was fine.

Looks like you've got everything planned out for August!

Can't wait to see more pictures! Karen
Old 01-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #152
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Nice update! Great BBB pics, I just LOVE that Rapunzel Wedding dress, so pretty! Did that little veil come with it? It looks pretty with her hairdo from BBB. Thank goodness she didn't end up getting the pink hair style, LOL

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #153
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I loved V's dress! And she would just look adorable in anything anyways... Sorry about the melt down - I've resorted to bribery before - not very often, but I have.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day...

Oh and the plans for your Aug trip sound perfect!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #154
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Nice update! Great BBB pics, I just LOVE that Rapunzel Wedding dress, so pretty! Did that little veil come with it? It looks pretty with her hairdo from BBB. Thank goodness she didn't end up getting the pink hair style, LOL
The veil came separate with a bouquet of flowers. We left the flowers at home.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #155
nannye
DIS Veteran

Day 3
Part 2: Royalty at their finest

(There are short videos intermixed so watch for the links. At many points my descriptions are very brief because in many cases the video just says it better!)

The plan was this, Early BBB appointment, pictures, then straight to Merida to hopefully be one of the first in line, nip over to the fairies, . (Clearly this was everyone’s plan, but we were a bit after 9 by the time we were done pictures and V’s meltdown.) When we got to Merida (going the LONG way of course) There was already a good sized line, but not awful. We got in it and Merida came out soon after. V was excited to meet Merida. The week before I had taken her afterschool to see Brave and although of course she was scared of the movie (she’s scared of ALL movies!) she was excited to meet Merida. We got to the front of the outside line and of course were stopped! (Story of my life!) However this proved to be interesting as we chatted with the CM about where we were from. He asked V if she’d met Rapunzel yet, (she was in Rapunzels wedding dress) and she answered no. “Well,” he said. “Be sure to head over to Town Square Theatre. But make sure you get there before 4, because after 4 Rapunzel goes to spend some time with Flynn Ryder”. (Remember this info for later).

Finally, it seemed endless but we were let in and we joined the inside line. V didn’t want to color so she just stayed with me. She was still in a funk. I asked her if she wanted to go shoot Merida’s arrow but she didn’t.

V was so quiet going up to Merida! She seemed excited and I was so impressed with the whole Meet & Greet. Merida was awesome, the accent was spot on! She really engaged V! The costume was gorgeous and so was her hair! I hopped in for a quick picture before we said goodbye!

After we said goodbye to Merida, I warned V it would be her last chance to shoot the arrow and she was definitely game now after perking up a little bit. I took a video and the photo pass photographer got some great shots!

Here’s a video of V meeting Merida, It’s not long if you want to give it a whirl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK0DOhlYDW4

Our next stop was the Fairies since their line is the second longest, but we had to pass through Liberty Square and spotted Tiana with hardly a line at all so we quickly jumped in. There were only 3 kids in front of V so the wait was fast and in no time at all she was meeting her. V was so shy with Tiana. But she proved to be one of our funniest meets of the day it was cute!

Tiana asked V if she’d been to see Rapunzel yet. V replied no that she was on a date with Flynn Ryder and Tiana seemed pretty shocked. I loved Tiana, she really tried to engage V despite V being quite shy and distant with her. Tiana isn’t a favorite of V’s but she is definitely a favorite of mine!

I also took a video of this meet with Tiana and it is definitely worth a look! Tiana’s reaction to V’s answer was too funny.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oeK06cNcqY

After saying goodbye to Tiana, we skipped over to the fairies and joined their line. It wasn’t too long of a wait and before I knew it we were seeing Vidia! This was a very different experience seeing Vidia. She was different... She was so friendly and just was not quite the same as our last meeting with Vidia. I suspect somehow she was Drizella in another life!

A Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlrbVJGVQ

And Pictures:

I love this one!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiRDwyESQdI

She certainly loved meeting Tink and Tink was great, fabulous and perky. She gave us a good video when she was looking at V’s autograph book. She wasn’t too fond of Wendy!

After saying goodbye to Tink, we headed back to the castle. The Fairy Godmother was a must do for us today. We joined her line and we saw her almost immediately. She was lovely as usual. She spent a decent amount of time with V and wasn’t rushed or anything. V adores the Fairy Godmother. I think she adores everyone but something about the Fairy Godmother just makes her light up a bit!

The Fairy Godmother had a great conversation with us.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BLILyPwvY

After we said goodbye, we headed into Castle Couture for a few minutes taking a break from the heat. I knew that The Fairy Godmother and The Tremaines traded off so we only had a little bit of time to wait. And of course what is in Castle Couture but Princess Heaven. V had kept up her end of the bargain and so did I. She was settled on Aurora so I picked up the Aurora dress, crown and wand for her.

(continued next post)

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #156
nannye
DIS Veteran

continued...

We headed back out to the courtyard and joined the line again anticipating The Tremaines.

They came out not too long after and we had a little wait but soon it was our turn and much to my surprise and delight it was our Drizella from Park Fare! I didn’t catch it on video but as soon as Drizella saw V you could see the blank look on her face as she tried really hard to remember V’s name and she did! Drizella filled in a few of the blanks for Anastasia and Lady Tremaine about seeing V the night before!

This was one of the most annoying meet & Greets that we did due to OTHER PEOPLE GETTING IN MY WAY! I was busy with the photo pass photographer at the beginning trying to hand off my card so I was delayed in getting video and then a complete stranger kept getting in my way! I was half a second away from asking the CM to tell the lady to stop. It’s one thing to take pictures of the characters while not in the Meet & Greet, but you’re taking pics of someone else’s kid and getting in their adults way! Lol oh well Photopass got some good shots and I got a crazy wacky video.

Drizella was just as awesome as usual and I quite preferred this Anastasia to the one we met last night. Anastasia was just funny the way she was holding the doll etc...

Tremaines Video (crazy video due to someone continually getting in my way!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHHRufFB-zo

We Said goodbye and set off in search of our next princess.

Previous Character Count: 23
This Chapter: 8
Total Count: 31

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #157
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It's fun to see the videos. Thanks for sharing those. I need to do more of those.

It's interesting to see which characters kids warm up to right away and which ones they are a little reluctant with. Bella took forever to be willing to see any of them. She is finally willing to walk up on her own now. She likes the Princesses, but she is a bit shy with their fellas. She usually tries to stand on the side of the Princess that is away from the Prince. Brooklynn was never afraid of any of them, although she was a little more shy with face characters when she was little, and she did better with the 'cartoonish' ones.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #158
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I loved seeing all of the videos and the pictures turned out great!

V is just so adorable in that dress!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #159
gracer9977
Happiness is Disney

Joining. Love this trip report. I got hooked when I read the title that you met 99 characters and since I am a person who will stand in line to meet the characters and search them out I was totally interested to see who you met.

I must say you exhaust me when I read about all the costume changes for V and her AG Doll. You make me want to get a few costumes for my DD when we go. I have 11 months to plan so I guess I will start watching for sales and things.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #160
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Loved seeing the videos! Could not believe that woman standing right in front taking pictures of V with the Step Mother and Step Sisters. I think I would have tapped her on the shoulder and ask to move to the side. I don't think the CMs do anything about people getting in the way, cutting lines. But, really, did she feel she had to get a good picture, in the middle? Really, hate for someone to mess with my photo ops!

Waiting for another update! Karen
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #161
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracer9977 View Post
Joining. Love this trip report. I got hooked when I read the title that you met 99 characters and since I am a person who will stand in line to meet the characters and search them out I was totally interested to see who you met.

I must say you exhaust me when I read about all the costume changes for V and her AG Doll. You make me want to get a few costumes for my DD when we go. I have 11 months to plan so I guess I will start watching for sales and things.
Ha ha, well I'll be honest, we didn't change much! what she wore she wore for the day, except for like changing for dinner which is a must. I at least put on a new shirt for dinner don't want to eat in a gross sweaty shirt. We didn't change Elizabeth a whole lot but she did have some!

Thanks for joining glad to have you along! We are up to 31 on the morning of Day 3 characterwise. I had high hopes for our Hollywood Studios Day, It didn't pan out as well as I'd hoped.

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 02-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #162
nannye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella909 View Post
Loved seeing the videos! Could not believe that woman standing right in front taking pictures of V with the Step Mother and Step Sisters. I think I would have tapped her on the shoulder and ask to move to the side. I don't think the CMs do anything about people getting in the way, cutting lines. But, really, did she feel she had to get a good picture, in the middle? Really, hate for someone to mess with my photo ops!

Waiting for another update! Karen
Hi, Yes it was uber annoying and I don't know for sure that V was in the pictures, she could have been taking from the waist up or whatever eliminating V, but she was frustrating, I wanted to ask her to move, but everything moves so fast I was worries about missing something. It just a little disconcerning, I mean I post V's pics here and facebook, and her parents are okay and know that, but I don't know this other lady or what she will do with them. I know its completely innocent, you juset get stuck in a cute moment and start snapping and the pics probably get deleted anyways. The CM probably didn't even know that that lady wasn't "with V and I".

If it happens again you can bet I'll be more vocal!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #163
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update. The bears are so cute at the Merida meet.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #164
dramaqueenemj22
Mouseketeer

hi! I'm a little late but I'm subbing in now.
dramaqueenemj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #165
nannye
DIS Veteran

I just found this dress on ebay, SO SAD I could never get it for V for our trip. It is So Pretty!

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: