Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #1231
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know?

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey
I hope your kidney starts doing what it's meant to soon and you get to go on your trip
Old 05-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #1232
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Welcome back QuirkyButterfly

I hope your health improves quickly teddykins.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #1233
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know?

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey
Oh Gosh Teddykins! I'm sorry you are having such major health issues. I admire your positive attitude and strength, I really hope your health improves quickly so you can thoroughly enjoy the rest of your planning and then your trip.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #1234
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

100 sleeps to go a little bit of and a little bit of so much to still pay for!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #1235
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
100 sleeps to go a little bit of and a little bit of so much to still pay for!
103 sleeps for us!! and I'm not even looking at the dollar at the moment...too dang depressing
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #1236
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone, had another round of IV's today and more tomorrow, nurse thinks if bloods are good today than tomorrow could be my last one which I am hopeful for but if not well what ever works to keep the kidney safe as that's what this is all for I certainly don't miss Dialysis after today's run; it took 2 hours and 10 tries to cannulate me this morning my poor right arm is bruised and battered from all those needles. Hopefully all this is working though
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #1237
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone, had another round of IV's today and more tomorrow, nurse thinks if bloods are good today than tomorrow could be my last one which I am hopeful for but if not well what ever works to keep the kidney safe as that's what this is all for I certainly don't miss Dialysis after today's run; it took 2 hours and 10 tries to cannulate me this morning my poor right arm is bruised and battered from all those needles. Hopefully all this is working though
Sorry to hear that you are going through this Lisa. I hope you get good news tomorrow.

Our Go San Diego cards arrived today...in less than a week!

It's 3 months tomorrow that we leave. That's crazy!!!
sarefromoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #1238
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Happy Countdown to September.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #1239
5ofus
DIS Veteran

101 days today! Our Photopass plus CD and voucher arrived on Friday, another thing to check off the list. Still have a couple of big things to buy, but really only one that's in US dollars. Oh and the passports. We still have two of those to get Slowly getting there, but we're inching closer to that 3 month mark - we'd better get a move on!

Anybody got some Disneyland dining to book in? I'm thinking we'll book a couple of character meals. We really like the Storytellers at the GC and we had a great time at the Plaza breakfast too.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #1240
Frosted
Earning My Ears

101 days for us as well - but we are heading in the opposite direction. UK, France and DLP. I am not sure we are quite ready for WDW at our house yet - will work up to that slowly!

Sally
Frosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #1241
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Had such a productive holiday planning night last night (whilst watching the footy....it wasn't a great game to watch but luckily the Pies won).

We booked our LA tour from Anaheim. We decided to go Grayline because they had all the places that we wanted to go to. We really want to go to Santa Monica Pier over Venice Beach and they give that option.

We also booked a whale watching tour while we are in Victoria, BC. I spent ages researching, reading reviews etc and narrowed it down to 2. Then went to book and found that one offered free tours for children under 5. Well that sold it for us, two very similar tours and the opportunity to save $80 meant more shopping money for me

Then we booked in to the Tournament of Kings dinner and show in Vegas. We got front row seats. I think that the kids will love it.

I love booking stuff...almost all done now though. Not much longer until I can finally book our Disney character meals We're down to 87 days!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #1242
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarefromoz View Post
Had such a productive holiday planning night last night (whilst watching the footy....it wasn't a great game to watch but luckily the Pies won).

We booked our LA tour from Anaheim. We decided to go Grayline because they had all the places that we wanted to go to. We really want to go to Santa Monica Pier over Venice Beach and they give that option.

We also booked a whale watching tour while we are in Victoria, BC. I spent ages researching, reading reviews etc and narrowed it down to 2. Then went to book and found that one offered free tours for children under 5. Well that sold it for us, two very similar tours and the opportunity to save $80 meant more shopping money for me

Then we booked in to the Tournament of Kings dinner and show in Vegas. We got front row seats. I think that the kids will love it.

I love booking stuff...almost all done now though. Not much longer until I can finally book our Disney character meals We're down to 87 days!
Well done, a very productive evening indeed
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1243
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:

Nice! Well done for locking in a few things.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1244
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Good job, Sare! We booked our LA/Hollywood tour during the week too - Tom has customised a tour for us, so we will see the usual Hollywood/LA tourist spots, plus some extras like the Space Shuttle, Tar Pits, Hollywood Bowl, Greystone Manor, Santa Monica Pier, Staples Center...it all sounds great (and will be a private tour, so gives us a bit more flexibility with time spent at each stop too).

What character meals are you going for? We have already done Minnie's last time, so are thinking of doing Surf's Up this time (for DS birthday breakfast), and maybe Goofy's Kitchen for dinner.

Then we still have shuttle to book in San Fran, tour in San Fran and the Disney Halloween/character things to book, plus Vegas shows (still not sure what to see there -hoping to see Celine Dion but I'm not sure if she is on when we are there).

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #1245
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5 View Post
Good job, Sare! We booked our LA/Hollywood tour during the week too - Tom has customised a tour for us, so we will see the usual Hollywood/LA tourist spots, plus some extras like the Space Shuttle, Tar Pits, Hollywood Bowl, Greystone Manor, Santa Monica Pier, Staples Center...it all sounds great (and will be a private tour, so gives us a bit more flexibility with time spent at each stop too).

What character meals are you going for? We have already done Minnie's last time, so are thinking of doing Surf's Up this time (for DS birthday breakfast), and maybe Goofy's Kitchen for dinner.

Then we still have shuttle to book in San Fran, tour in San Fran and the Disney Halloween/character things to book, plus Vegas shows (still not sure what to see there -hoping to see Celine Dion but I'm not sure if she is on when we are there).
That sounds like a great tour Kristin.

We're thinking surfs up too for a breakfast on our last Disney day and lunch at Ariel's Grotto for DD's birthday. Still not 100% on the breakfast (tossing up between that and Goofy's kitchen), but lots of people on here and trip advisor rate the character interaction highly at surf's up, so I think that we are leaning towards that.

What type of tour are you thinking of doing in San Fran? I loved San Fran when we were last there, and we planned to visit again when we were in the initial planning stages (then stay at Yosemite for a few days too), but we opted to spend that time (and a few days extra in Canada and make the most of the trip away).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: