Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #1216
5ofus
DIS Veteran

We got ourselves a travel card yesterday! Woohoo, things are happening again

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #1217
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
We got ourselves a travel card yesterday! Woohoo, things are happening again
that's great news
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 01:08 AM   #1218
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

107 sleeps people

just popping in to say

107 sleeps people
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #1219
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
just popping in to say

107 sleeps people
Which means 117 for us
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #1220
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
just popping in to say

107 sleeps people
104 here that means Monday is 100 sleeps day
Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #1221
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
104 here that means Monday is 100 sleeps day
it's coming around so quickly. My dd (6) took the travel brochures to school today for show and tell. I think that the kids at school are going to be sick of her trip by the time that she comes back and shares what she did on our trip.

Booked our go San Diego cards last night. So another thing checked off the list. I still need to email Tom for anaheim411 to get the tour organised. Then there's just airport transfers from anaheim to Lax, disneyland character meals, a whale watching tour at Vancouver island, tournament of kings in Vegas and we're pretty much done.
sarefromoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #1222
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarefromoz View Post
it's coming around so quickly. My dd (6) took the travel brochures to school today for show and tell. I think that the kids at school are going to be sick of her trip by the time that she comes back and shares what she did on our trip.
That's so cute! I worry that we're depriving our kids of the enjoyment a bit by not telling them until we're over there. I only worry a bit though, if we told them now it would be three and a half months of "are we going to Disneyland today?" from my 4yo. Best to keep quiet methinks!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #1223
QuirkyButterfly
DIS Veteran

It has been so long since I was last on the boards planning a 2011 trip for me and my DBF, but I am back because my mother and I have booked a trip.

And what a trip it is:
02 October DL
06 October 4 Night Dream Cruise
10 October WDW
12 October 7 night Fantasy Cruise
20 October Hawaii

I know we don't have much time at WDW but at least I have a few days in DL to make up for it. I am thinking of going to only Animal Kingdom and EPCOT on the 1 1/2 days we have. Even though I would love to see the Fantasy Land expansion, I think the other two parks are the most different from DL.

I am so excited. add me to the October list!
QuirkyButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #1224
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
just popping in to say

107 sleeps people
What she said
Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #1225
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyButterfly View Post
It has been so long since I was last on the boards planning a 2011 trip for me and my DBF, but I am back because my mother and I have booked a trip.

And what a trip it is:
02 October DL
06 October 4 Night Dream Cruise
10 October WDW
12 October 7 night Fantasy Cruise
20 October Hawaii

I know we don't have much time at WDW but at least I have a few days in DL to make up for it. I am thinking of going to only Animal Kingdom and EPCOT on the 1 1/2 days we have. Even though I would love to see the Fantasy Land expansion, I think the other two parks are the most different from DL.

I am so excited. add me to the October list!

Nice to see you back on the boards.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:40 AM   #1226
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

and then

105 sleeps
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #1227
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know?

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #1228
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
Wow you guys certainly move fast with all these posts! Haven't been around much last few weeks as been having major issues with my kidney, it's currently being rejected by my body so have been stuck at the hospital getting heavy IV treatment - I found out yesterday that you really don't know just how sick you are on Dialysis until you are on the other side of the fence looking back!! Got pumped with a lot of fluid and my body did not like it at all; I was bloated and so fluid over loaded I thought I was going to have a heart attack my chest felt that bad and horrid, the sad thing is I had that feeling ALL day EVERY day for almost three years when I was on Dialysis and it never really bothered me, not once. So as you can imagine I am now in major major stress mode for my US trip.. will my kidney even make it to July let alone October? I sure as heck hope so, not going is not an option for me any more, I will seriously crumble into a million pieces if I won't get to go plus my friend won't want to go on the cruise herself as she's a shy girl and there is no one that could go in my place on such short notice. It's all just so so frustrating for me at the moment and then I have to contend with the fact that I MAY end up back on Dialysis..life was suppose to be simpler with the lil ol' kidney, ya know?

Any way trying to stay positive I will get there in the end, I am glad that most of our stuff is booked and done so that's one less thing I need to worry about for a few months yet. Can't believe it's only just under 5 months away, this time last year we were only juuuuust starting to talk about a US trip and now it's almost here. Hope you all are well and enjoying your countdowns and planning, just wanted to quickly pop in and say hey
That is not fun. Hope you get better. Stay positive.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #1229
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post

That is not fun. Hope you get better. Stay positive.
I'll echo what PIO said. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #1230
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed Lisa that you get well soon and are able to enjoy your trip to the fullest
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: