Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #1156
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Yes, the Aussie dollar is sliding too, so much so that I have just gone on a bit of a spending frenzy before it goes any lower! We already have our photopass + but in the last week I have bought airfares from San Fran to Vegas, limo transfer from GCH to LAX, Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Universal Studios tour, and made enquiries about the LA/Hollywood tour (the last two I am booking through Tom at Anaheim 411 - I have been really impressed with his communication and friendliness). I am also close to booking a Hoover Dam tour (will probably book that in the next day or so).

So then all that will be left is Mickey's Halloween Party, Alcatraz and perhaps a limo service to and from John Wayne Airport (though it could just be a taxi van at this stage as I am not having much luck organising a reasonably priced car service). Oh, and I still want to book a Las Vegas show.

5ofus - definitely make sure it is you checking the mail every day, away from prying eyes!

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #1157
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin5 View Post
Yes, the Aussie dollar is sliding too, so much so that I have just gone on a bit of a spending frenzy before it goes any lower! We already have our photopass + but in the last week I have bought airfares from San Fran to Vegas, limo transfer from GCH to LAX, Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Universal Studios tour, and made enquiries about the LA/Hollywood tour (the last two I am booking through Tom at Anaheim 411 - I have been really impressed with his communication and friendliness). I am also close to booking a Hoover Dam tour (will probably book that in the next day or so).

So then all that will be left is Mickey's Halloween Party, Alcatraz and perhaps a limo service to and from John Wayne Airport (though it could just be a taxi van at this stage as I am not having much luck organising a reasonably priced car service). Oh, and I still want to book a Las Vegas show.

5ofus - definitely make sure it is you checking the mail every day, away from prying eyes!
I am a big fan of Tom. Nothing but praise.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #1158
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
I am a big fan of Tom. Nothing but praise.
So I take it that you have used them then I thought someone here had but had no idea who it was there reviews are so mixed
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1159
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Urgh, the dollar! Well, at least we only have 8 nights at HoJos and the Disneyland Express left to pay for in USD and of course spending money. We have some spending money already, but nowhere near enough. I have a bad feeling that the dollar isn't going to go above parity for quite some time now. On the bright side, I doubt it will get down to the 47 cents I had in 2001!

Got an email this morning saying they've shipped our Photopass plus package thingy. Will be making sure that DH or I check the mail for the next couple of weeks

15 weeks tomorrow!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #1160
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Urgh, the dollar! Well, at least we only have 8 nights at HoJos and the Disneyland Express left to pay for in USD and of course spending money. We have some spending money already, but nowhere near enough. I have a bad feeling that the dollar isn't going to go above parity for quite some time now. On the bright side, I doubt it will get down to the 47 cents I had in 2001!

Got an email this morning saying they've shipped our Photopass plus package thingy. Will be making sure that DH or I check the mail for the next couple of weeks

15 weeks tomorrow!
Hopefully it won't drop anymore my budget would prefer it went up
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #1161
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post

So I take it that you have used them then I thought someone here had but had no idea who it was there reviews are so mixed
Yep. And a couple of friends I've done the Warner bros twice and so have friends. Do a bit of La as well. All positive. He picked up our family of six in an van and drive us around like we were family visiting.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #1162
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Yep. And a couple of friends I've done the Warner bros twice and so have friends. Do a bit of La as well. All positive. He picked up our family of six in an van and drive us around like we were family visiting.
Would you please post or pm me the link when I google it there seems to be a few different websites it comes up on and thanks for the reply it's great to know others have enjoyed it
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #1163
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Would you please post or pm me the link when I google it there seems to be a few different websites it comes up on and thanks for the reply it's great to know others have enjoyed it
I know you didn't ask me but here is the website link
www.anaheim411.com

Disney World - Dec 2015
Old 05-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #1164
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
www.anaheim411.com
thank you I had looked at that one today but just wanted to be sure I had the right one
Old 05-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #1165
nataliej_vk
Mouseketeer

Kind of scared

Me and my daughter normally go in December to escape the cold Canadian weather, but this year we are going with a co-worker and her daughter and they want to go in September, so We are....
Kind of excited to see MNSSHP and Food & Wine.
Our Dates September 25th to October 1st
Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and doing DxDP!!!!!
Dec 2012 - Disney Dream/Port Orleans - Riverside
Sept 2013 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2014 - Who Knows the world is my oyster!
Nothing Ventured nothing Gain - so give it a shot it may be worth it!
nataliej_vk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #1166
sarefromoz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
www.anaheim411.com
That one looks good duration wise, but I think we'll have to go the grayline one because we wanted to go to Santa Monica pier rather than Venice beach. I like the idea of smaller tour buses and not quite as long a day though.

We haven't done any planning for a while now. We've booked all our accommodation and flights. Everything's booked for our Canada part. We have our Disney tickets and photopass+, tickets to see O in Vegas. We just have to get a few more day tours and tickets for the San Diego part of the trip.

We've almost hit double digits too.... Only 102 days until we fly out
sarefromoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #1167
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarefromoz View Post

That one looks good duration wise, but I think we'll have to go the grayline one because we wanted to go to Santa Monica pier rather than Venice beach. I like the idea of smaller tour buses and not quite as long a day though.

We haven't done any planning for a while now. We've booked all our accommodation and flights. Everything's booked for our Canada part. We have our Disney tickets and photopass+, tickets to see O in Vegas. We just have to get a few more day tours and tickets for the San Diego part of the trip.

Send an email. Depending on the size of the group and bookings it is possible to tailor it a little.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #1168
Kristin5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarefromoz View Post

Sare, we want to do exactly the same (Santa Monica Pier instead of Venice Beach), and that's why I have been in contact with Tom - he will try to accommodate this preference. At the moment he is looking to create a new LA/Hollywood tour, hopefully by September, so it is certainly worth contacting him directly so that you are kept in the loop about what might be available to you when you are there.

We are planning to do the LA tour on Sunday 22nd September (best to avoid DL on weekends if you can!) and have booked the Universal tour for Wednesday 25th (mid-week is a little bit quieter).

Disney World - Dec 2015
Old 05-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #1169
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliej_vk View Post
Me and my daughter normally go in December to escape the cold Canadian weather, but this year we are going with a co-worker and her daughter and they want to go in September, so We are....
Kind of excited to see MNSSHP and Food & Wine.
Our Dates September 25th to October 1st
Staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and doing DxDP!!!!!
How cool! That sounds like a great trip.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #1170
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Disney have just announced the final line-up for Eat to the Beat.

Incase anyone is interested, here it is:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sical-line-up/

As a shameless child of the 80's, many of these bands do excite me. I wish I could be there to hear Survivor play 'Eye of the Tiger' or Wilson Phillips (once one of my favourite bands) sing 'Hold On'. But I'm happy I will be there to enjoy the fabulous 70s and 80's rock ballads of Air Supply.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: