Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #991
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm in the 150's.
Nice, It is creeping around. Looking at Car hire today. Just deciding how long we need it for.

Watched Dave yesterday and DH and I started talking about our day in Washington. We are going hard as we only have one full day despite two nights. See the sights and o back to take our time on another trip. He says such lovely things. Another trip. gUSH
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #992
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Nice, It is creeping around. Looking at Car hire today. Just deciding how long we need it for.

Watched Dave yesterday and DH and I started talking about our day in Washington. We are going hard as we only have one full day despite two nights. See the sights and o back to take our time on another trip. He says such lovely things. Another trip. gUSH
I'm trying to gently nudge DH to book car hire. He has the member cards with them. I need to get him to book it in for California and for the road trip. I think there is about 2.5 weeks just in this alone.

We're not going to book anything for Orlando just yet. Not sure we'll need it if we're at WDW and US.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #993
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

I have our car hire booked with National for 32 days ( I think we will be doing over 3,000 kms in total). Have booked the premium car ( greatest boot size - takes 6 suitcases). I am thinking we will buy a chilly bin as well, just so that we can have drink & snacks kept in one tidy place.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #994
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Planning on driving from WDW to US and then to the Port. Want to do some shopping. DH gets antsy if we wait for two long. Crowds aren't his thing so try to keep,things simple. Thinking no car for the first few days and then get one for the last couple in case we want to o shopping then we can drive straight to Us then to Kennedy Space Centre before dropping car off at the port. Looking at around $250 for the week.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #995
PrincessInOz
in

I think its around $300 per week in Arizona/Colorado.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #996
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ View Post
I have our car hire booked with National for 32 days ( I think we will be doing over 3,000 kms in total). Have booked the premium car ( greatest boot size - takes 6 suitcases). I am thinking we will buy a chilly bin as well, just so that we can have drink & snacks kept in one tidy place.
hey mate...since your doing so much driving check this out...they have deals that may help you on the road re food/drink.....http://www.7-eleven.com/ or the past promos..so keep checking http://www.7-eleven.com/Past-Programs/
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #997
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
hey mate...since your doing so much driving check this out...they have deals that may help you on the road re food/drink.....http://www.7-eleven.com/ or the past promos..so keep checking http://www.7-eleven.com/Past-Programs/
cool, thanks very much karen
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #998
LouisaBean
Earning My Ears

Getting there....slowly

Hi Everyone,

We are slowly getting there with our bookings - there is so much information - its unbelievable. I'm struggling between my normally laid back self and the knowledge that if I am not organised we may miss out on things.

So far with a bit of research I think I have saved over $6000 for the family for our 3 week holiday. Not bad

Here is our itinerary:

10Sep SYD-LAX
4 nights Los Angeles Magic Castle Hotel
48 hour hop on hop off bus with Madame Tussauds
1 day Universal Studios

14Sep LAX-MCO
7 days car hire
7 nights Sheraton Vistana Buena Vista (exchange with RCI timeshare)
Cinderellas Royal Table booked

21Sep Disney Fantasy Cruise

28Sep 1 night Animal Kingdom Villas 2 brm savannah view
29Sep 3 nights Bay Lake Tower 2 brm lake view suite (couldn't get BLT for the full 4 nights)

02Oct MCO-SYD (long flight home)

I am really struggling with all the advance dining options and not sure what I should and shouldn't book at this stage. We also plan to book MNSSHP and Terrace dessert party when they become available but does anyone else have any not to miss dining options. We are planning on doing AK, MK, Epcot and DHS in the first week and maybe one of the water parks depending on weather etc.

I am having trouble with the website and bookings - is this normal from here
?

Thanks for any help

Jill
LouisaBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #999
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaBean View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are slowly getting there with our bookings - there is so much information - its unbelievable. I'm struggling between my normally laid back self and the knowledge that if I am not organised we may miss out on things.

So far with a bit of research I think I have saved over $6000 for the family for our 3 week holiday. Not bad

Here is our itinerary:

10Sep SYD-LAX
1 day Universal Studios

14Sep LAX-MCO
7 days car hire

29Sep 3 nights Bay Lake Tower 2 brm lake view suite (couldn't get BLT for the full 4 nights)

I am really struggling with all the advance dining options and not sure what I should and shouldn't book at this stage. We also plan to book MNSSHP and Terrace dessert party when they become available but does anyone else have any not to miss dining options. We are planning on doing AK, MK, Epcot and DHS in the first week and maybe one of the water parks depending on weather etc.

?

Thanks for any help

Jill
I called instead of dealing with the website.

You've already passed the 180 day mark and I think Wishes Dessert Party bookings have already opened for you.

As for must eats .... everyone is different. I'm trying to hit as many new restaurants for me this time round. Just pick the ones where the menu appeals to you. And likewise for getting your ADRs in.....the popular restaurants usually book up early around prime eating times.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #1000
Fairy Floss
Mouseketeer

The wishes dessert party is weird the way it opens up

Find the thread about it and you will find out really quickly when your month opens
April opened on March 1st, May opened on April 1st but June opened last weekend
Your plans look wonderful!
Have fun with ADRs ... They've really done my head in
You might want to look at Photopass (+) and see if you want to order that early

Hong Kong Disneyland 2011
Paris Disneyland 2012
WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Fairy Floss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #1001
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Here is our itinerary:

10Sep SYD-LAX
1 day Universal Studios

14Sep LAX-MCO
7 days car hire

?

Thanks for any help

Jill
Hi Jill,

Firstly, yay again for the September 21st Fantasy Cruise! I will see you on the ship :-)

Secondly, yes the website can be a real pain. So far I've booked 3 restaurants via the website, and I've made two calls to Disney to book the other 9.
The times I've called Disney I have been much more satisfied. The phone staff are really helpful and their systems can do things that the website can't (e.g noting celebrations and adding overseas cellphone numbers). They were also able to make my Pirates League booking for me on the afternoon of MNSSHP.
The website meanwhile keeps asking for a US cellphone number (which I don't have). In the end I just put in the landline number for the Disney resort we're staying at and that seemed to work.

Your plans look great, and well done for making so many savings. I presume you rented DVC points? As I've discovered, the savings can be really big.

Did you work out how to make best use out of your WDW pass without it expiring? Correct me if I've confused you with another poster, but from memory, you were trying to work out how to use both it both before and after the cruise so it didn't expire while you're on the ship.

Last edited by WanderlustNZ; 04-18-2013 at 02:34 PM.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #1002
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Here is our itinerary:

10Sep SYD-LAX
1 day Universal Studios

14Sep LAX-MCO
7 days car hire

?

Thanks for any help

Jill
Hi Jill,

Your plans are looking great and you've done an awesome job on the savings front.

With regards to dining, there are so many great restaurants that it's hard to narrow them down to a short list let alone trying to make that final choice. I've made a list of what I'll call interactive or unique dining experiences at WDW. I haven't included character dining as these are easily identifiable. If I've missed any I'm sure somebody will chip in with a suggestion or two.

'Ohana - coconut races, hula hoops - lots of fun games for the kids.

Whispering Canyon - kids get called up to ride "horses" around the restaurant and participate in a few other games. Ketchup anyone?

Chefs de France - Remy makes a brief appearance at each table from Mon - Sat at 12.30pm, 1.40pm, 2.50pm, 5.20pm. The animatronics of Remy still have my children in awe.

Coral Reef - Children are given a sheet to help them identify the sea creatures in the huge tank.

Teppan Edo - this is teppanyaki Disney style. Love, love, love it.

50's Prime Time - the waiting staff are in character adopting a strict 50's approach to eating. Watch your table manners!

Sci-Fi - Ever taken your kids to the drive-in? Now's your chance. Kitsch Sci-Fi movies showing.

If you like music you could also try Biergarten & Raglan Road.

I'm not sure if I've helped or just made your list longer!

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Last edited by Minniemum; 04-19-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #1003
Feej
Mouseketeer

Okay my work trip is now confirmed, so I'll be in the US between the 11th and 20th October.

Half my trip will be in Boston for work and then I'll have a few days hanging with my friends that live in Hollywood. Will be trying for a day at DL and (dates permitting) going to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Went last year and it was amazing!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #1004
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

and how many more sleeps????

141 sleeps for us!!!
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #1005
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
141 sleeps for us!!!

That means 140 for me!!! I'm more like then

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread