Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #76
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Ok

So we are now canceling our celebrity cruise from Sydney, and doing back to back from port canaveral on RCCL freedom.....DH just couldn't get enough....rough fly out dat 6 sept 2013....8 days BLT or DVC somewhere...2 x 7 day Caribbean cruises, then 2 days LA..flying ANZ kissykissy again....

DS 1 and his mate may join us for the week at WDW..so that should be interesting.......

Stay tuned
Karen, Congratulations!

I think that you'll definitely be heading to the US in 2014 at this rate.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 AM   #77
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok

So we are now canceling our celebrity cruise from Sydney, and doing back to back from port canaveral on RCCL freedom.....DH just couldn't get enough....rough fly out dat 6 sept 2013....8 days BLT or DVC somewhere...2 x 7 day Caribbean cruises, then 2 days LA..flying ANZ kissykissy again....

Stay tuned
OMG I want your life!! Enough said

How awesome: BACK TO BACK on RCCL Freedom - only in my dreams
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 02:32 AM   #78
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

So it's bread and water for the next11months

Telling everyone no Xmas gifts this year......except GK's of course....

So let the planning begin
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #79
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:

welcome

i have updated your details on the main check in -- we will also be over there similar time, but i think we will miss being in the same place at the same time

i too am on bread & water rations.. just found out my job may only have a shelf life of 6 months, so it's save as much as possible in those 6 months to ensure that we go on this trip.. our flights are already prepaid thanks to our cancellation this year, so there is no way i am losing that money by having to cancel next year

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #80
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke
Anyone know when the MNSSHP dates are out for 2013? We are flying out 19th September I hope that is not too early to catch one!
Paula, you should be fine. W went to the party this year in Sept 18 and that was the second week for the parties.

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #81
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

welcome

i have updated your details on the main check in -- we will also be over there similar time, but i think we will miss being in the same place at the same time

i too am on bread & water rations.. just found out my job may only have a shelf life of 6 months, so it's save as much as possible in those 6 months to ensure that we go on this trip.. our flights are already prepaid thanks to our cancellation this year, so there is no way i am losing that money by having to cancel next year
Oh no Alicia! Good idea to save as much as you can while the getting is good.

Does anybody know how flexible HoJos are with their bookings! I really am desperate to book but I'm not sure of dates yet. They wont be confirmed until mid - late January. Holiday-planning hell for me

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #82
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Hi. Can I join in.

Our plans are not definite yet as I keep changing my mind. But at this stage they look like this.
18th Sep: 3 nights at a Universal Orlando hotel
21st Sep: 7 night Fantasy cruise
28th Oct - 9th Oct: WDW and a few other Orlando attractions. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for free dining being offered during this time next year.

I plan on booking the Auckland to LAX flights next weekend so will be a bit more secure in my plans by then.
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #83
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ
Hi. Can I join in.

Our plans are not definite yet as I keep changing my mind. But at this stage they look like this.
28th Oct - 9th Oct: WDW and a few other Orlando attractions. I've got my fingers firmly crossed for free dining being offered during this time next year.

I plan on booking the Auckland to LAX flights next weekend so will be a bit more secure in my plans by then.
Of course you can! Are you booking through ANZ? Are you getting a Skycouch? Sorry, I'm just nosey! We are thinking about getting one next year and want to hear what people think about them. Not that it will really help me if you ARE getting one since we will most likely be going before you! Haha! I'm rambling now. Too arly in the morning. Need coffee.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #84
becpee
I see sock puppets

We're planning on a September west coast trip, witha side of Palm Springs

I hope we can manage it
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #85
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
Hi. Can I join in.

i have added you to the roll call

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
We're planning on a September west coast trip, witha side of Palm Springs

I hope we can manage it
bec, do you know your dates yet? if so, i can add you into the roll call (if i haven't already -- i am posting from my mobile and can't flip back and check )

Old 10-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #86
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Of course you can! Are you booking through ANZ? Are you getting a Skycouch? Sorry, I'm just nosey! We are thinking about getting one next year and want to hear what people think about them. Not that it will really help me if you ARE getting one since we will most likely be going before you! Haha! I'm rambling now. Too arly in the morning. Need coffee.
We will be booking ANZ and I'm a bit torn on the whole skycouch thing. My husband and I are quite big, tall people so with or without the skycouch we'll feel cramped. Plus those skycouches look quite flat and hard to me in the pictures.

It's $200 extra each way and I'm thinking I might try it for the return leg but not the trip there.

On the way there we will be so excited I think we can forgo a bit of comfort. Plus, we won't know what we're missing at that stage.
Also, it'll be a mid week flight, a few weeks before NZ school holidays, so I'm quietly hoping the plane will have empty seats that we can spread out to.

On the way back it'll be school holidays so I'm guessing the flight will be pretty full and we'll enjoy some slightly nicer seats.

Of course that is all guess work and my plans could be completely flawed. I tend to overthink things sometimes
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #87
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post

bec, do you know your dates yet? if so, i can add you into the roll call (if i haven't already -- i am posting from my mobile and can't flip back and check )
No firm dates yet, late Sepember is likely though...

DH has been back at work for approximately 1.5 hours and he's sending me messages asking when our next vacation is
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #88
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Has anybody checked out the 'Limited Tim Magic' stuff for next year? I'm a bit torn because it looks like we will be there for Villians week. Would be awesome if we were sans kids, but at 2,4 and 6 methinks they will be rather scared of them. And it will be über-popular ie.crowded. Still, we don't know our dates yet, so we might miss it after all.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #89
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Has anybody checked out the 'Limited Tim Magic' stuff for next year? I'm a bit torn because it looks like we will be there for Villians week. Would be awesome if we were sans kids, but at 2,4 and 6 methinks they will be rather scared of them. And it will be über-popular ie.crowded. Still, we don't know our dates yet, so we might miss it after all.
i got the dis update information station via email and i saw that on friday 13th sept, disneyland and DHS @ WDW will be open til 1am, with villains, special merch etc so am trying to plan my trip around that

so much goodness with this limited time magic thing -- it think it's going to make a lot of people very happy

Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #90
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are also on bread and water rations for the next 11 months lol I did a budget for our trip yesterday and if we want the spending money amount we think we do we will need to save very hard

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: