Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #856
coco392
Mouseketeer
 
coco392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 227

[QUOTE="alicia1506"]art of animation has more than just 'girl themed' rooms. they have family suites done in lion king, cars and finding nemo themes, as well as the little mermaid rooms. the family suites include one full master bedroom (queen bed) with full bathroom, and then a double sofa in the living room, and an innova double bed in the dining area, which essentially means they can sleep up to 5 or 6 people.

if it's you, your mum and your 3 kids, you could sleep 2 in the table bed, 2 on the double sofa and 2 in the queen bed in the master bedroom. there is also a second bathroom in the main living area and a kitchenette with microwave, coffee machine, fridge etc. we have booked a family suite at art of animation and found that it was only approx $50 more overall than booking 2 x rooms at pop century and the extra living space for us was a bonus in making our decision, especially when wanting to spread out or needing extra privacy/areas to relax & unwind in.

we looked at the more boy themed rooms but as you said they are only the family suites. an extra $1600 - a lot of money when there is only 3 of us.
they should have themed the suites with lion king, cars etc as well as the little mermaid
coco392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #857
teddykins
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 119

Gosh that Disney site is a poc I can't see our reservation even though I could see it when I logged in on my ipad but not on the PC up until a day or so ago - that is now gone and when I went to look at my Donald countdown last night it was gone and it said they couldn't find any reservations under my name. The Res number was used for "my party" and to "click here to view it" how ever upon clicking that I am told it can't find a reservation under my name and we're back to square one..

The Disney CSR as well as their IT department have no idea what's happened or how to fix it. My friend is listed twice (as an adult and again as an infant), she's also the "primary" user on the booking even though I'm the one who booked it.. the only good thing is I have been reassured by Disney CSR and the email I got that the room is as I booked it, two adults going by the names of Lisa & Bec. It's just sad that I can't do ANYTHING not even restaurant reservations come May 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco392 View Post
we looked at the more boy themed rooms but as you said they are only the family suites. an extra $1600 - a lot of money when there is only 3 of us.
they should have themed the suites with lion king, cars etc as well as the little mermaid
I wish they had themed TLK standard rooms, its my friend and I's favourite Disney movie but we couldn't justify the extra $700 for the suite.. so bummed I don't understand why they did it this way? Why not make it two and two? Even if the other standard room wasn't TLK another choice besides TLM would make perfect sense for those with boys who couldn't afford/didn't need a suite
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #858
Minniemum
DIS Veteran
 
Minniemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins View Post
Gosh that Disney site is a poc I can't see our reservation even though I could see it when I logged in on my ipad but not on the PC up until a day or so ago - that is now gone and when I went to look at my Donald countdown last night it was gone and it said they couldn't find any reservations under my name. The Res number was used for "my party" and to "click here to view it" how ever upon clicking that I am told it can't find a reservation under my name and we're back to square one..

The Disney CSR as well as their IT department have no idea what's happened or how to fix it. My friend is listed twice (as an adult and again as an infant), she's also the "primary" user on the booking even though I'm the one who booked it.. the only good thing is I have been reassured by Disney CSR and the email I got that the room is as I booked it, two adults going by the names of Lisa & Bec. It's just sad that I can't do ANYTHING not even restaurant reservations come May 3rd
I had this issue on the weekend. All I wanted to do was view my reservation and make sure I'd be able to make my ADR's (1 week to go!). Customer Service and then the IT department were able to confirm my booking but were at a loss to be able to fix the issue. With no resolution, I was put through to Guest Relations and the wonderful CS Grady . Grady understood the issue and thought it might have something to do with our phone number having an extra digit. We changed the number on My Disney Experience (included international code but dropped our last number) but it still wouldn't work. Grady then thought because of the change it wouldn't match the phone number on our booking. Rather than keep me on the phone, Grady said "Leave it with me. I know a few tech guys who can probably help me out". I kid you not, within 10 minutes the issue was fixed

for you Grady.
__________________
DH Me DD (13) DS (9)

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #859
teddykins
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 119

That's lucky you got it sorted so quickly and so soon before your ADR's! This has been on going since about Feb 2nd when I booked it though and doesn't appear to be an easy fix if at all. We've spoken/chatted to 3 different IT people and 4 CSR who are all in agreement that they have no clue what's going on with our account how ever they each assured us that our names are exactly as they should be on our booking so that's something at least and hopefully we have no check in issues

ADR's can be booked over the phone right?
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #860
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins

I wish they had themed TLK standard rooms, its my friend and I's favourite Disney movie but we couldn't justify the extra $700 for the suite.. so bummed I don't understand why they did it this way? Why not make it two and two? Even if the other standard room wasn't TLK another choice besides TLM would make perfect sense for those with boys who couldn't afford/didn't need a suite

I'm another one who was confused by Disney's thinking with the Little Mermaid Rooms. Had they made the standard rooms Lion King or Nemo themed they would have been suitable for all genders. Then a Little Mermaid themed family suite would have been a nice contrast to the more male orientated Cars' Suites.
I think AoA looks like a great place to stay (my son and husband would love the Cars area). But I was instantly put off by the cost of the suites and the theming of the Little Mermaid rooms.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the system. I hope they sort it out for you soon.
My ADRs open up over Easter and the system is still showing that I will have to book them day by day instead of being able to book 10 days all at once. If that doesn't change I'll have to ring. But it's a pain to have to add costly toll calls to the holiday budget when, if their system was just working properly, we wouldn't have to.
On the good side, I think after months of changing my mind almost every day, I may have finally decided on my timetable and where I'd like to make my ADRs. I can't wait to book them before I go changing my mind again :-)
__________________
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #861
teddykins
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ

I'm another one who was confused by Disney's thinking with the Little Mermaid Rooms. Had they made the standard rooms Lion King or Nemo themed they would have been suitable for all genders. Then a Little Mermaid themed family suite would have been a nice contrast to the more male orientated Cars' Suites.
I think AoA looks like a great place to stay (my son and husband would love the Cars area). But I was instantly put off by the cost of the suites and the theming of the Little Mermaid rooms.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the system. I hope they sort it out for you soon.
My ADRs open up over Easter and the system is still showing that I will have to book them day by day instead of being able to book 10 days all at once. If that doesn't change I'll have to ring. But it's a pain to have to add costly toll calls to the holiday budget when, if their system was just working properly, we wouldn't have to.
On the good side, I think after months of changing my mind almost every day, I may have finally decided on my timetable and where I'd like to make my ADRs. I can't wait to book them before I go changing my mind again :-)
We don't mind the theming of TLM rooms, seems to be nicely done from the videos I saw and it would have been a great first trip to be emerged in our fav Disney movie but the extra money was way out of our budget unfortunately, perhaps if we were there for longer it might have made a bit more sense but from the small plan I have made it doesn't appear we'll be in the room all that much any way - too much Disney to explore Must be just as frustrating with a family that has boys but can not afford to stay in the suites, I can't imagine little boys would be too thrilled about staying in such a girly room but maybe that was Disney's plan? Force families to pay top dollar instead of the "el-cheapo" rooms.

Thanks me too although not likely. Calling them is what I'm worried about, can be such an expensive adventure and like you said we shouldn't have to call, the system should be working 100% all the time. That would be so annoying having to book day by day.. they really shouldn't have fixed what didn't appear to be broken. I keep changing my mind about ADR's too I don't know how people can decide on having lunch at this place, dinner at that place and then do that throughout their trip.. there's way too many to choose from - I'm struggling with just choosing one lol!
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #862
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,634

I pulled the trigger today for my internal flights. I'd been watching them for the last 2 months and today, I noticed that the flight out of Durango was down to 5 seats at the price it had been sitting at.

I have to admit that I had hoped for a deal and I'm pretty sure that there will be one between now and September; but that's something I can live with.

I decided to bundle up all my internal flights on the one multi-city order and when I checked the bundle price, turns out there was a slight discount on them and the pricing was in line with what I was prepared to pay.


The good news is that all my flights are now booked and I just have to worry about land content.



So....c'est la vie!


__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #863
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
I pulled the trigger today for my internal flights. I'd been watching them for the last 2 months and today, I noticed that the flight out of Durango was down to 5 seats at the price it had been sitting at.

I have to admit that I had hoped for a deal and I'm pretty sure that there will be one between now and September; but that's something I can live with.

I decided to bundle up all my internal flights on the one multi-city order and when I checked the bundle price, turns out there was a slight discount on them and the pricing was in line with what I was prepared to pay.

The good news is that all my flights are now booked and I just have to worry about land content.

So....c'est la vie!

Hooray! That's exciting
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #864
Minniemum
DIS Veteran
 
Minniemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I pulled the trigger today for my internal flights. I'd been watching them for the last 2 months and today, I noticed that the flight out of Durango was down to 5 seats at the price it had been sitting at.

I have to admit that I had hoped for a deal and I'm pretty sure that there will be one between now and September; but that's something I can live with.

I decided to bundle up all my internal flights on the one multi-city order and when I checked the bundle price, turns out there was a slight discount on them and the pricing was in line with what I was prepared to pay.

The good news is that all my flights are now booked and I just have to worry about land content.

So....c'est la vie!

Well done PIO! Yes, we know you like playing chicken with the airlines. Yes, there will be a better deal before Sept BUT the flipslide is you've got peace of mind for the price you expected to pay. That's a win/win right there. Good job!
__________________
DH Me DD (13) DS (9)

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #865
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz
I pulled the trigger today for my internal flights. I'd been watching them for the last 2 months and today, I noticed that the flight out of Durango was down to 5 seats at the price it had been sitting at.

I have to admit that I had hoped for a deal and I'm pretty sure that there will be one between now and September; but that's something I can live with.

I decided to bundle up all my internal flights on the one multi-city order and when I checked the bundle price, turns out there was a slight discount on them and the pricing was in line with what I was prepared to pay.

The good news is that all my flights are now booked and I just have to worry about land content.

So....c'est la vie!

Yay, it's so exciting when everything starts coming together.
I'm almost positive I could have saved money on a number of different things if I'd waited. But I also think a lot of expenses, such as tickets, would have instead gone up in price. Plus with the kiwi dollar showing signs of weakening due to the drought, I have no regrets for paying for most things when I did.

I paid for photopass plus last night. The discount for buying it in advance was just too tempting. I wouldn't normally buy theme park photos, including the ghastly ones of me screaming my lungs out on rides. However I thought about all the photos I would really like to get (Tusker House breakfast, Pirates League, magic shots of the ghosts at MNSSHP, and at least some pics of all 3 of my family together) and decided just to go ahead and buy it. I think if nothing else, the ghastly ride pics will provide us with a good laugh and some good memories. Plus I just know that I'll have fun after the holiday wasting time adding pretty borders to all of the pics
__________________
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #866
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,634

Photopass plus....hmmm.....something else to think about.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #867
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,882

Time for me to check into this thread booked our flights today
Sept 4 fly to La
5 nights of speedway
9-14 DL GCV only have 2 nights booked 3 nights wait listed if we don't get this will stay at DL hotel.
14-28 Panama Canal Cruise
28-30 Houston
oct 1-5 DL GCV I bdrm villa hope to do a Halloween party or 2 and do day trips to see the sights of LA a simple trip no changes to be made
Oct 5 fly home arrive 7th
We haven't booked the cruise holding out for a GTY rate.
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #868
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 86,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Time for me to check into this thread booked our flights today
Sept 4 fly to La
5 nights of speedway
9-14 DL GCV only have 2 nights booked 3 nights wait listed if we don't get this will stay at DL hotel.
14-28 Panama Canal Cruise
28-30 Houston
oct 1-5 DL GCV I bdrm villa hope to do a Halloween party or 2 and do day trips to see the sights of LA a simple trip no changes to be made
Oct 5 fly home arrive 7th
We haven't booked the cruise holding out for a GTY rate.
Sounds like a great trip! Congrats on booking.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #869
Kristin5
Mouseketeer
 
Kristin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
I paid for photopass plus last night. The discount for buying it in advance was just too tempting. I wouldn't normally buy theme park photos, including the ghastly ones of me screaming my lungs out on rides. However I thought about all the photos I would really like to get (Tusker House breakfast, Pirates League, magic shots of the ghosts at MNSSHP, and at least some pics of all 3 of my family together) and decided just to go ahead and buy it. I think if nothing else, the ghastly ride pics will provide us with a good laugh and some good memories. Plus I just know that I'll have fun after the holiday wasting time adding pretty borders to all of the pics
We must be on the same wavelength because I ordered ours too

Also ordered tickets to an Angels baseball game.

Still waiting for the NFL Schedule to be released before we can book any tours, and book our remaining internal flights. Very impatiently waiting...
__________________
Disneyland - Aug 1983, Mar 1995, Dec 1997/Jan 1998, Jan/Feb 2005, Sept/Oct 2011, Sept/Oct 2013

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #870
Kristin5
Mouseketeer
 
Kristin5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Time for me to check into this thread booked our flights today
Sept 4 fly to La
5 nights of speedway
9-14 DL GCV only have 2 nights booked 3 nights wait listed if we don't get this will stay at DL hotel.
14-28 Panama Canal Cruise
28-30 Houston
oct 1-5 DL GCV I bdrm villa hope to do a Halloween party or 2 and do day trips to see the sights of LA a simple trip no changes to be made
Oct 5 fly home arrive 7th
We haven't booked the cruise holding out for a GTY rate.
Well done

We're at the GCH from 30/9 til 4/10, and hoping to go to the Halloween party on the 1st (if it's on the same days as previous years).
__________________
Disneyland - Aug 1983, Mar 1995, Dec 1997/Jan 1998, Jan/Feb 2005, Sept/Oct 2011, Sept/Oct 2013

Disney World - Dec 2015
Kristin5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.