Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #796
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Alicia, It's not a Disney trip but we do finally have some flights booked for September to bella Italia! I'd love to be added to the list if that's OK?

Dates are Sept 18 - October 8 A grand Tour of Italy....

Now I have to do another ticker

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #797
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! How exciting!

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #798
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona View Post
Alicia, It's not a Disney trip but we do finally have some flights booked for September to bella Italia! I'd love to be added to the list if that's OK?

Andona
That's really exciting!

Congrats.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #799
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona

Andona
Yay. You are going to have so much fun.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 AM   #800
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andona
yay for the trip -- and i have added you to the roll call

now.. off to plan some more myself my ticker is making me nervous!!

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #801
teddykins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ

Welcome to the Disboards Lisa. It sounds like you have a great trip planned.

At first I was confused and couldn't tell whether you are cruising Carnival Cruise Line or Celebrity Cruise Line. But, after re-reading, I'm guessing you're doing a Carnival Cruise with celebrities on it? If so, how exciting! Who are the celebrities?
Thanks. Yes that's right Cruising with CCL, sorry! It's the Backstreet Boys - my friend and I are huge fans of theirs and I have been since I was 11, we usually just stick to their Australian tours every 2 years but this year is their 20th anniversary celebration and Kevin is now back in the group (he left in 06 to pursue family and broadway) so its going to be a great cruise. I know BSB aren't everybody's cup of tea but they're my favourite group/artist and have seen me through quite a lot of hardship in my life, they're music and voices are just magical to me so I am happy and excited to be on the boat especially since the boat is sold out so should be a fun time. I am way more excited for Disney though but only because I have seen and met BSB 14 times before and 0 for Mickey & friends lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline NZ
Welcome Lisa, it sounds like you have planned a fun and exciting trip
Thank you, I wish it was October already the waiting is so hard!
teddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #802
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins

Thanks. Yes that's right Cruising with CCL, sorry! It's the Backstreet Boys - my friend and I are huge fans of theirs and I have been since I was 11, we usually just stick to their Australian tours every 2 years but this year is their 20th anniversary celebration and Kevin is now back in the group (he left in 06 to pursue family and broadway) so its going to be a great cruise. I know BSB aren't everybody's cup of tea but they're my favourite group/artist and have seen me through quite a lot of hardship in my life, they're music and voices are just magical to me so I am happy and excited to be on the boat especially since the boat is sold out so should be a fun time. I am way more excited for Disney though but only because I have seen and met BSB 14 times before and 0 for Mickey & friends lol.

Thank you, I wish it was October already the waiting is so hard!
No need to apologise or justify your love of the BSB. It sounds like you are booked on something you are going to love.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #803
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

yay for the trip -- and i have added you to the roll call

now.. off to plan some more myself my ticker is making me nervous!!
I know the feeling, Alicia! I said to DH last night that I only had 7 months to organize everything, not enough time! It sounds ridiculous I know

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #804
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Booked my Vegas accommodation last night! Didn't realise I we paying for it too until it told me I had!!! Anothe thing marked off the list. Transfer in Vegas is next and then I'm almost ready to go. Apart from me, DH and DS3 needing new passports and our ESTAs of course. Just a minor detail!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #805
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know the feeling, Alicia! I said to DH last night that I only had 7 months to organize everything, not enough time! It sounds ridiculous I know

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
i know, it's crazy. just over 7 months to get everything done...and this year is going by so quickly... i mean, it's mid feb already!!!

i have most of my trip organised,it's just the saving for and paying for all of it that is stressing me out. i know where we will be going, when, for how long, where we are staying, what we are doing etc.... it's just literally getting the money together (and losing the weight i want to lose) that will be the biggest challenge (made more so by the fact that i am a stress-eater )

we are all in this together though, which helps me on those dark days when i despair of pulling it all off

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #806
Jade+3
DIS Veteran

I am starting to think about ADR's as our booking window will open late March.

Car hire is also proving difficult. Cars/vans that hold 7 people do not have enough luggage space for 7 people. I did have this wild idea that I could put one suitcase inside the other, then put all the packing cubes out of the larger suitcase under the kids feet.

Congrats on your booking Andonna.
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #807
cola
Mouseketeer

OK, got plane booked (Sydney - WashingtonDC) and the Vegas-Syd legs, got accom paid for at Disney's Grand Californian, and WashingtonDC, New York, LA, Chicago all paid for with credit card points Seattle paid for, San Fran booked, Vegas all paid for. I've got 2 weeks I've got to figure out what to do yet, depending on internal flights it may be either back to Disneyland or WDW. I haven't done Disneyland and WDW in the one trip for a long time.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #808
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddykins
Hi everyone *waves* my name is Lisa,

My friend and I are flying in on the 23rd with a stop over in Miami for our Carnival Imagination cruise (which is going to oh so EPIC in itself) then head to Universal on the 28th, Disney on the 31st until the 4th, hoping to get tickets to Mickey's Halloween event as well! I am just full of beans and excitement for this trip, there's quite a few firsts for me; it's my first trip to the US, first trip to Disney, first trip to Universal, first Halloween experience, first cruise..first everything it seems lol! I was born with kidney failure and had been on Dialysis for almost 3 years and I never thought I'd get the chance to visit the US so it's been bitter sweet to plan this trip, now though I just wish it was October already because I am SO ready to board that A380!! Any way I'm sorry for the long post, I am happy to see there's an Aussie board here!
Welcome Lisa!

Congratulations on booking your first US trip. You are going to have a fantastic time with everything you've got planned. It's great you can travel given your past health issues. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andona

Andona
Yay! Your trip counts but only if you do one of your fabulous TRs hehehe!

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #809
5ofus
DIS Veteran

We are booked in to Grand Californian for our first night in Anaheim!!! Yay!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #810
shushh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3
I am starting to think about ADR's as our booking window will open late March.

Car hire is also proving difficult. Cars/vans that hold 7 people do not have enough luggage space for 7 people. I did have this wild idea that I could put one suitcase inside the other, then put all the packing cubes out of the larger suitcase under the kids feet.

Congrats on your booking Andonna.
Jade I feel your pain. We ended up getting the Chevrolet suburban which fit all 7 of us and the suitcases fine. I was nervous because coming to LA our car was the much smaller Toyota Siena and we managed to squeeze everyone in! Alright so there were small carryons on laps et its Ok if just for a transfer say from airport to hotel but not too good if luggage has to in car for most of the time eg road trip
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: