Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #166
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ofus View Post
Maybe you'll have more luck when Sandy has gone
DH loves weather events. He was caught in a Super Typhoon in Guam years ago, and thought it was the best. Me on the other hand would have jumped on the first plane out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushh View Post
So good to see back!!!!
Thanks. I had even forgotten how to multi-quote.
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:35 AM   #167
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 92,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
I am back in planning mode.

Our last 2 trips at WDW have been at Halloween. Both times we decided to miss MNSSHP, mainly because the kids were young and it would be too late for them. This trip they will be 8, 7 and 4. Still not sure that it is worth the money, especially with the unpredictable weather.

I am trying to talk DH into a week in New York but not having any luck.
Welcome back Jade.
__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #168
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz

Welcome back Jade.
Yep..so what's the itin???
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #169
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Welcome back Jade.
Thanks PIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
Yep..so what's the itin???
Karen you may be sorry you asked, as we will be joining you on FOS. DS is the king of tantrums. If you see a red headed 4 year old lying on the ground screaming, that will be us.

Itin has to fit in with DD's dancing schedule, so will go something like this:

Mon 9 Sep - BNE-LAX (hoping for Air NZ as the night flight is better for the kids, rather than the direct flight which leaves here in the morning and has them awake for most of the flight).

9 - 13 Sep - I want to go to NY, but will most likely be around LA/Anaheim or perhaps San Diego. We are travelling with DH's parents who have never been to the US. Older DS wants to see Cars Land. We were going to go on the way back, but this will clash with Gay Days, so too crowded.

Fri 13 Sep - Fly to MCO, and drive to Port Canaveral. Kids want to stay at Ron Jon Resort after seeing the pools on the website.

15 - 22 Sep - Freedom of the Seas, Western Caribbean.

22 Sep - 3 Oct - WDW, Port Orleans Riverside. May extend this by a day or two.

3 - 8 Oct ??

Tuesday 8 Oct - LAX-BNE, need to be home on the 10th Oct.

It makes more sense to go to DL on the way home, but friends have just got back and said Gay Days was terribly crowded. We have not been to DL for a few years. Was thinking of doing Mon 7 Oct and Tue 8 Oct, before going to the airport. Not sure if that will be enough time, but we may be over theme parks by then. Open to any suggestions anyone may have.
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #170
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Thanks PIO



Karen you may be sorry you asked, as we will be joining you on FOS. DS is the king of tantrums. If you see a red headed 4 year old lying on the ground screaming, that will be us.

Itin has to fit in with DD's dancing schedule, so will go something like this:

Mon 9 Sep - BNE-LAX (hoping for Air NZ as the night flight is better for the kids, rather than the direct flight which leaves here in the morning and has them awake for most of the flight).

9 - 13 Sep - I want to go to NY, but will most likely be around LA/Anaheim or perhaps San Diego. We are travelling with DH's parents who have never been to the US. Older DS wants to see Cars Land. We were going to go on the way back, but this will clash with Gay Days, so too crowded.

Fri 13 Sep - Fly to MCO, and drive to Port Canaveral. Kids want to stay at Ron Jon Resort after seeing the pools on the website.

15 - 22 Sep - Freedom of the Seas, Western Caribbean.

22 Sep - 3 Oct - WDW, Port Orleans Riverside. May extend this by a day or two.

3 - 8 Oct ??

Tuesday 8 Oct - LAX-BNE, need to be home on the 10th Oct.

It makes more sense to go to DL on the way home, but friends have just got back and said Gay Days was terribly crowded. We have not been to DL for a few years. Was thinking of doing Mon 7 Oct and Tue 8 Oct, before going to the airport. Not sure if that will be enough time, but we may be over theme parks by then. Open to any suggestions anyone may have.
thats frigging awesome freedom is a great ship if you havent sailed her before, your going to love it....dont forget to sign up for the cup cake classes...check out the photos on my awesome TR

as for tanty's..my DH can do doozies after 33 hrs traveling and no decent coffee to be found.....

excited i am

so in my trip I am having lunch with alicia at CP, and then constantly bumping into you and your motley crew on the FOS......sounds like a plan..can you mind me a deck chair for the days at sea?? thanks mate, adult pool area, second row on the left hand side....I'll be there around 9.

BTW...ANZ is kissy kissy.......I love you air new zealand!
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #171
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
thats frigging awesome freedom is a great ship if you havent sailed her before, your going to love it....dont forget to sign up for the cup cake classes...check out the photos on my awesome TR

as for tanty's..my DH can do doozies after 33 hrs traveling and no decent coffee to be found.....

excited i am

so in my trip I am having lunch with alicia at CP, and then constantly bumping into you and your motley crew on the FOS......sounds like a plan..can you mind me a deck chair for the days at sea?? thanks mate, adult pool area, second row on the left hand side....I'll be there around 9.

BTW...ANZ is kissy kissy.......I love you air new zealand!
We went ANZ last year but on one of the old planes.

Adult pool area sounds like a plan to escape the kids for a bit. So glad we are bringing grand parents.

I was showing DD your cupcake photo's, she is keen. We have a promenade room, i think we are above the cupcake cupboard on deck 7.

Do you recall if the gym had any classes?
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #172
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
We went ANZ last year but on one of the old planes.

Adult pool area sounds like a plan to escape the kids for a bit. So glad we are bringing grand parents.

I was showing DD your cupcake photo's, she is keen. We have a promenade room, i think we are above the cupcake cupboard on deck 7.

Do you recall if the gym had any classes?
get onto your TA as soon as possible and see if you can score the room over ben and jerry's, then you get free icecream the entire trip....hurry, do it now...the room you have is practically next door...do it, do it....its because your staring out the window at the cows bottom.....

gym has awesome classes, some free, some not....we did the 7am stretching class...great way to start the day, then I did the core strengthening....pain!

call your TA NOW!!!!!!
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #173
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
get onto your TA as soon as possible and see if you can score the room over ben and jerry's, then you get free icecream the entire trip....hurry, do it now...the room you have is practically next door...do it, do it....its because your staring out the window at the cows bottom.....

gym has awesome classes, some free, some not....we did the 7am stretching class...great way to start the day, then I did the core strengthening....pain!

call your TA NOW!!!!!!
Unfortunately the Ben and Jerry suite does not sleep 5. I did consider booking it for the inlaws as it was available. We are directly above it, in a family stateroom. We will still see the cows but won't get free ice cream.

Glad there are some gym classes. I was probably expecting too much to get body step or body attack at sea. Core strength is good. Will have to take DH. He thinks classes are easy, though he has never done one.
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #174
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
thats frigging awesome freedom is a great ship if you havent sailed her before, your going to love it....dont forget to sign up for the cup cake classes...check out the photos on my awesome TR

as for tanty's..my DH can do doozies after 33 hrs traveling and no decent coffee to be found.....

excited i am

so in my trip I am having lunch with alicia at CP, and then constantly bumping into you and your motley crew on the FOS......sounds like a plan..can you mind me a deck chair for the days at sea?? thanks mate, adult pool area, second row on the left hand side....I'll be there around 9.

BTW...ANZ is kissy kissy.......I love you air new zealand!
lol sounds like you will be busy

jade - i have added you to the roll call on the main page... welcome to the madhouse ... oops, i mean funhouse
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #175
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

FOS has NO step classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
Unfortunately the Ben and Jerry suite does not sleep 5. I did consider booking it for the inlaws as it was available. We are directly above it, in a family stateroom. We will still see the cows but won't get free ice cream.

Glad there are some gym classes. I was probably expecting too much to get body step or body attack at sea. Core strength is good. Will have to take DH. He thinks classes are easy, though he has never done one.
I asked but too dangerous on a moving ship same as attack....its more spin, and strengthening..but they have great machines so you will be able to get a good workout once you get your treadmill sea legs
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #176
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
I asked but too dangerous on a moving ship same as attack....its more spin, and strengthening..but they have great machines so you will be able to get a good workout once you get your treadmill sea legs
DH will be happy. Last year he left me in Cozumel with the kids so he could get back to his spin class.
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #177
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran
 
WanderlustNZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 2,666

Yay, I've finally committed. I just booked my flights AKL - LAX - AKL with Air NZ. I'll wait for more US flights to be released and some specials to be announced before booking the onward ones to Orlando.
I'm excited, but also a tad freaked out. It's quite a big financial commitment for us, but there's no turning back now. Eeek!

After all the discussion about skycouches on that thread a week or so ago, I ended up just booking normal economy seats. I uhmmed and ahhed for ages about the skycouch and even got out my tape measure to compare it to our couch at home. After trialing different lying positions on our couch at home, I realised that there is no way my husband, son and I could use the seats like a bed and therefore wasn't worth the extra $200 each way to us. I then started considering the option of booking an extra seat across the aisle, which had gone up an extra hundred dollars to $800 during the time I'd wasted uhmming and ahhing. Yet I just couldn't bring myself to pay the extra money for this either. I've decided I'd rather spend that money on an upgrade from a value resort to a moderate resort so we get the comfort of queen beds instead of doubles.

Anyway, it's full steam ahead from now on. Normally I'd think 10 1/2 months is ages away, but with all the planning and all the saving that needs to take place in that time, it seems so close. :-)
WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #178
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Yay Wanderlust! How exciting! I understand where you are coming from re: the Skycouches. I think having more than one adult would kinda make it hard, unless you had a spare seat, and I'd freak at spending that much extra on a seat!

All becoming now that you are booked in!
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #179
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran
 
Caroline NZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 933

Yay for booking Wanderlust NZ. Onwards and upwards with the planning


I booked our car hire yesterday. 29 days for the top of the range luxury car category = US$1,343 including full LDW. I am happy with that. DH wants to be driving something nice, since we will be doing 3000+ kms on this trip.
Ummed and arred about getting an SUV, but DH really wanted a car, plus the car actually takes more luggage ( 5+ suitcases) and as we will be on the road quite a bit I wanted the luggage to be well out of sight in a proper boot/trunk.
__________________
From New Zealand.
May 2009 First family trip to Disneyland - we had an amazing time
May 2011 - Disneyland - another awesome holiday Included San Diego and San Francisco
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #180
Minniemum
DIS Veteran
 
Minniemum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ
Yay, I've finally committed. I just booked my flights AKL - LAX - AKL with Air NZ.
Well done! Booking flights is a commitment but one of the best commitments I know! Now the fun begins.
__________________
DH Me DD (13) DS (10)

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.