Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #151
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

I just tried to scam/wheedle/negotiate a few extra days and was firmly shut down.

So have compromised. 7 night eastern caribbean + 10 days wdw + 3 days universal/shopping, lol. So it seems we are in agreement for now. Lord, give me strength!! The 2014 trip is fully planned. The 2013 one is doing my head in
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #152
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
I just tried to scam/wheedle/negotiate a few extra days and was firmly shut down.

So have compromised. 7 night eastern caribbean + 10 days wdw + 3 days universal/shopping, lol. So it seems we are in agreement for now. Lord, give me strength!! The 2014 trip is fully planned. The 2013 one is doing my head in
hey, just noticed you'll be in wdw when we are.......dinner????
we'll be there 7-15 sept ish...
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #153
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer
 
KiwiMouseGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 354

What I have had to tell myself today about 5 times...

"When life get's you down, just immagine strolling down main street. The jingly tunes, Dapper Dans, churros, the sun shining. Pure Disney goodness" It helps get me through the day.

50 weeks to go!!!
__________________
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #154
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

hey, just noticed you'll be in wdw when we are.......dinner????
we'll be there 7-15 sept ish...
Omg .. Yes!! Will be fab
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #155
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
Omg .. Yes!! Will be fab
sounds like a plan stan.......how about a character lunch ie crystal palace....combine all the things we love...food, characters, food .....oh and our better halves

I am now tossing up
3 nights AKV and 6 nights BWV...trying to get max usage out of this years AP....

too many choices....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #156
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
sounds like a plan stan.......how about a character lunch ie crystal palace....combine all the things we love...food, characters, food .....oh and our better halves

I am now tossing up
3 nights AKV and 6 nights BWV...trying to get max usage out of this years AP....

too many choices....
sounds like a plan.

we will most likely be at AoA, and we will be most likely doing a majority of CS with only a few TS ressies, with Ohana and CP being 2 of them...

seems like you have a cunning plan/can read my mind

our dates may change a little but we are most likely going to be there for at least the same timeframe (ie 9th - 21st ish). also planning on doing the MNSSHP and friday 13th celebrations.
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 AM   #157
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
sounds like a plan.

we will most likely be at AoA, and we will be most likely doing a majority of CS with only a few TS ressies, with Ohana and CP being 2 of them...

seems like you have a cunning plan/can read my mind

our dates may change a little but we are most likely going to be there for at least the same timeframe (ie 9th - 21st ish). also planning on doing the MNSSHP and friday 13th celebrations.
we are looking at skipping mnsshp, the dh wasnt too impressed with it this year..we also are just doing OOP for dining so anything works for us...we havent done CP for a few years so if your up for it, let us know..we are flexible.

As to our park schedule, just follow the EMH's am/pm and thats where we will be

so our (TBC)dates will be
6 sept syd-lax-mco flying ANZ
6-9 AKL
9-15 BWV
15-29 Freedom of the seas (back to back)
29 mco-lax-syd

let the obsessive planning commence
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #158
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
we are looking at skipping mnsshp, the dh wasnt too impressed with it this year..we also are just doing OOP for dining so anything works for us...we havent done CP for a few years so if your up for it, let us know..we are flexible.

As to our park schedule, just follow the EMH's am/pm and thats where we will be

so our (TBC)dates will be
6 sept syd-lax-mco flying ANZ
6-9 AKL
9-15 BWV
15-29 Freedom of the seas (back to back)
29 mco-lax-syd

let the obsessive planning commence
since it is our first wdw visit, we wanted to do some 'special event' so chose mnsshp. we also will be dining OOP (can't really justify the expense, plus the rest of my travel crew all balked at doing ADRs and threw their hands up in surrender when i started talking CS locations... lol. i think this will mean i will end up researching dining locations A LOT and then making on the spot recommendations based on how everyone is feeling..but with a few ADRs thrown in just for funsies.

your itinerary (subject to change) looks similar to mine (subject to change) however we are doing the much more low rent version:

4 sept: bne - lax - mco economy with vaustralia/delta
4-14: wdw with 2 days universal + at least 2 days shopping
14-21: western caribbean dcl cruise
21-22: onsite at universal
22 sept: mco - lax - syd - bne economy with vaustralia/southwest
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #159
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

since it is our first wdw visit, we wanted to do some 'special event' so chose mnsshp. we also will be dining OOP (can't really justify the expense, plus the rest of my travel crew all balked at doing ADRs and threw their hands up in surrender when i started talking CS locations... lol. i think this will mean i will end up researching dining locations A LOT and then making on the spot recommendations based on how everyone is feeling..but with a few ADRs thrown in just for funsies.

your itinerary (subject to change) looks similar to mine (subject to change) however we are doing the much more low rent version:

4 sept: bne - lax - mco economy with vaustralia/delta
4-14: wdw with 2 days universal + at least 2 days shopping
14-21: western caribbean dcl cruise
21-22: onsite at universal
22 sept: mco - lax - syd - bne economy with vaustralia/southwest
We're doing the western too, so I'll be very interested to read your report. On my list is Tropicante in Costa Maya and hopefully some ruins and waste all our time at Margaritaville in Cozumel but I'm really dreaming of CC...
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 AM   #160
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
We're doing the western too, so I'll be very interested to read your report. On my list is Tropicante in Costa Maya and hopefully some ruins and waste all our time at Margaritaville in Cozumel but I'm really dreaming of CC...
we aren't huge swimmers, although i will insist that everyone at least wades into the water at CC. i really, really am dying to see some ruins (preferrably chacchoben in costa maya) and although carlo and i were going to originally go on this trip together, i figured we may as well do it this year with our siblings as well rather than delaying another year!!!

love hearing about cruise TRs so i will definitely do one. would love to read yours when you are back from it too
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #161
Marlea98
DIS Veteran
 
Marlea98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,072

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506

we aren't huge swimmers, although i will insist that everyone at least wades into the water at CC. i really, really am dying to see some ruins (preferrably chacchoben in costa maya) and although carlo and i were going to originally go on this trip together, i figured we may as well do it this year with our siblings as well rather than delaying another year!!!

love hearing about cruise TRs so i will definitely do one. would love to read yours when you are back from it too
I'm still working on my TR on my blog If you have a look through you'll find our trip to the MR last December which was brilliant I'll definitely do a TR on here for next time though.
__________________
Marlea98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #162
Jade+3
DIS Veteran
 
Jade+3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 794

I am back in planning mode.

Our last 2 trips at WDW have been at Halloween. Both times we decided to miss MNSSHP, mainly because the kids were young and it would be too late for them. This trip they will be 8, 7 and 4. Still not sure that it is worth the money, especially with the unpredictable weather.

I am trying to talk DH into a week in New York but not having any luck.
__________________
Disneyland - March 1997, May 2004, November 2007, November 2009, September 2013.
WDW - April 1997, October 2009, September 2011, September 2013.
Disney Wonder - November 2009
Carnival Imagination - September 2011
Freedom of the Seas - September 2013
Jade+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #163
5ofus
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post

I am trying to talk DH into a week in New York but not having any luck.
Maybe you'll have more luck when Sandy has gone
__________________
Me and He , DS1 , DS2 and DS3 makes our family complete

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #164
shushh
DIS Veteran
 
shushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade+3 View Post
I am back in planning mode.

Our last 2 trips at WDW have been at Halloween. Both times we decided to miss MNSSHP, mainly because the kids were young and it would be too late for them. This trip they will be 8, 7 and 4. Still not sure that it is worth the money, especially with the unpredictable weather.

I am trying to talk DH into a week in New York but not having any luck.
So good to see back!!!!
__________________
April 2010 Mediterranean Cruise Disney Magic TR
Dec 2010 WDW, NY, Washington DC TR
Jan 2011 Panama Canal Cruise Disney Wonder TR
May 2011 Hong Kong Disneyland TR
Sep 2011 Salt Lake City, Disneyland TR
Dec 2012 France, Disneyland Paris, Italy, Cruise to the Holy Land
May 2013 Tokyo Disney Sea TR
Dec 2013 WDW, Caribbean Cruise Disney Fantasy, Caribbean Cruise Allure of the Seas, Disneyland
Jun 2015 Disney Wonder Alaskan Cruise
shushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #165
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

happy halloween

australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.