Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
maekeith
Earning My Ears

Bonnet Creek

So happy that I am now booked back into Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Was fortunate enough to get a 1 bedroom presidential suite for our time period. We decided that our granddaughter will be quite content with the lazy river if she cannot use the slides. Thanks to Vacation Strategy for their patience. I am so looking forward to the three of us being able to enjoy this wonderful property.
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maekeith View Post
So happy that I am now booked back into Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Was fortunate enough to get a 1 bedroom presidential suite for our time period. We decided that our granddaughter will be quite content with the lazy river if she cannot use the slides. Thanks to Vacation Strategy for their patience. I am so looking forward to the three of us being able to enjoy this wonderful property.
Just FYI....

With a 1 Bedroom Presidential unit the only bed is the King bed in the Master Suite. The presidential units because of the upgraded couch do not have pull-out sleeper couches in the living room. The Deluxe unit however does have a Pull-out couch.

i'm not sure how old/big the Granddaughter is, but this might be something worth considering.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
maekeith
Earning My Ears

bonnet creek

Thanks very much for the info. I will get in touch with the company I booked with and see if I can rectify the omission. The granddaughter is 6 years old so could sleep with us in the king bed or maybe on the sofa. Would rather have the sofa bed option though. Do you think I should just wait until we get there and then discuss room options?
Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maekeith View Post
Thanks very much for the info. I will get in touch with the company I booked with and see if I can rectify the omission. The granddaughter is 6 years old so could sleep with us in the king bed or maybe on the sofa. Would rather have the sofa bed option though. Do you think I should just wait until we get there and then discuss room options?
No, definitely not. The Resort won't have much flexibility with your room option at that point since it's a timeshare resort. While they can often move your room within the same room type, they don't really have the flexibility to move you into a different room category.

Your 2 best options would be either downgrading into a 1bdrm Deluxe unit (to gain the sofa-bed), Or you could bump up to a 2bdrm (deluxe may actually be cheaper to rent than the 1bdrm presidential since the point cost is the same, but commercial renters can often utilize discounts and other tricks to use less points for a 2bdrm deluxe vs a 1bdrm presidential).

One advantage of the 2bdrm unit, either deluxe or presidential, would be that not only would your granddaughter have her own room (Coolness factor for her... more privacy for you... and the ability put her to bed for the night and still stay up for some adult time without risking waking her since she's in her own room), but you'd also gain a 2nd bathroom which could help avoid some of the morning bathroom juggling that can happen from multiple people sharing a single bathroom on vacation.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
JessB320
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

No, definitely not. The Resort won't have much flexibility with your room option at that point since it's a timeshare resort. While they can often move your room within the same room type, they don't really have the flexibility to move you into a different room category.

Your 2 best options would be either downgrading into a 1bdrm Deluxe unit (to gain the sofa-bed), Or you could bump up to a 2bdrm (deluxe may actually be cheaper to rent than the 1bdrm presidential since the point cost is the same, but commercial renters can often utilize discounts and other tricks to use less points for a 2bdrm deluxe vs a 1bdrm presidential).

One advantage of the 2bdrm unit, either deluxe or presidential, would be that not only would your granddaughter have her own room (Coolness factor for her... more privacy for you... and the ability put her to bed for the night and still stay up for some adult time without risking waking her since she's in her own room), but you'd also gain a 2nd bathroom which could help avoid some of the morning bathroom juggling that can happen from multiple people sharing a single bathroom on vacation.
I agree with all of this, call now to make any changes!!!
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
maekeith
Earning My Ears

bonnet creek

Thanks, I'll get on this right away and see if they can do anything for me at this point.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
maekeith
Earning My Ears

Bonnet Creek

All is well. The 1BR Presidential has a queen size sofabed. We will be at BC the first week of November. I have a feeling that Sept. and Oct. are going to be long months for us.