Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #31
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore14 View Post
I found out tonight that I have been moved to main dining! I am so happy I will be able to join other Disers for dinner. For PCC 3.0, I sat with a family who had no idea what the DIS was! I look forward to meeting everyone on the cruise and sharing dinner with I know will be wonderful company!
Congrats!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #32
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Great! Everyone has main dining.

With apologies to the Beatles, I'm calling our group the Fab 14.

We can continue this thread as a way to get to know one another better before we actually meet, if anyone wants to do so.

Dave and I are from Southern New Jersey (think Philadelphia, not New York). We have three cats, no children.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I'm from Central Ohio, single, traveling solo. This is only my second DCL cruise, and my first out of Port Canaveral (first cruise was 2010 Med). I'm looking forward to the whole Disney-fied terminal experience. We didn't really get that in Barcelona.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #34
nmoore14
Is there life outside of Disney? If so, I don't want to know about it.

I am from Greensboro, NC, single, and a solo traveler. This is my second Disney Cruise, I was on PCC 3.0. I have a dog and no children.

Nichole
nmoore14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #35
KarenMom
Mouseketeer

Nichole, I'm so glad you were able to change to main dining!!

I like the Fab 14!

My name is Karen and I'm from Colorado. I'm traveling solo. I have two sons that are in college (18 & 21). We took our first Disney cruise when they were 7 & 10 years old and I've been on six Disney cruises, but none of them podcast cruises.

My kids have outgrown DCL (for now), but I sure haven't.
KarenMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM   #36
Bigbearsg
Mouseketeer

I'm also a single traveler I'm dinning at the 2nd Dinning if someone has space for me.
Bigbearsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #37
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Intro

I'm Paula and I'm 38, travelling with my partner Robert and my Mum - she might skip the dining as she finds it tedious and long winded.

We are from the city formerly known as Christchurch, Zealand (prior to 10,000+ earthquakes).

Leaving behind our fur-kids with a sitter.

So excited!

I'm Paula Sillars on Facebook if you want to friend me

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
Frodo UK
Mouseketeer & Old Geezer

We are Ann & Albert and proud Old Geezers. This is our 10th DCL cruise, but first podcast cruise and first cruise on Fantasy. Over from UK, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Frodo UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #39
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
Great! Everyone has main dining.
I just wanted to clarify- just in case there are new cruisers worried about their dining arrangements.
EVERY DISer on PCC4.0 does NOT have Main Dining- quite a number of us are on late dining.

I think just the people in that group who wanted to sit together all arranged to be on Main.
There are lots of us on Late Dining making similar arrangements to sit together as well.

But rest assured- Tracey H will do everything in her power to keep all PCC4.0 cruisers (Main or Late) on the same rotation- so there will be lots of fellow cruisers to see and chat with no matter what time you are dining.

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #40
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo UK View Post
We are Ann & Albert and proud Old Geezers. This is our 10th DCL cruise, but first podcast cruise and first cruise on Fantasy. Over from UK, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Welcome Ann & Albert- I look forward to meeting you in December!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #41
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbearsg View Post
I'm also a single traveler I'm dinning at the 2nd Dinning if someone has space for me.
Bigbearsg,

Welcome to the thread. I look forward to meeting you on the cruise.

You might want to start a new thread about table mates for second seating/late dining. It would probably attract more attention, and hopefully some dinner partners for you.

Kathy

Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #42
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
I just wanted to clarify- just in case there are new cruisers worried about their dining arrangements.
EVERY DISer on PCC4.0 does NOT have Main Dining- quite a number of us are on late dining.

I think just the people in that group who wanted to sit together all arranged to be on Main.
There are lots of us on Late Dining making similar arrangements to sit together as well.

But rest assured- Tracey H will do everything in her power to keep all PCC4.0 cruisers (Main or Late) on the same rotation- so there will be lots of fellow cruisers to see and chat with no matter what time you are dining.
Very good points! It just turned out that most of the people who were looking for dining partners on this thread already had main dining, and the three who didn't preferred to eat earlier anyway.

My guess is that most (if not all) of the Podcast team has late dining, so that's where the DIS "Royalty" will be found at dinner time. Late dining also means you can sleep in a little longer on debarkation day, instead of being at breakfast at the crack of dawn. We've done both - and enjoyed each for different reasons.

Whichever seating you end up on, you'll have a wonderful time! You'll be on the Disney Fantasy. You'll meet fellow DISers everywhere (you can tell by the lanyard and na!e tag,) I lost track of the number of DISsers I met on the elevator on Podcast Cruise 2.0.

Kathy

Old 09-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #43
Euphscott
DIS Veteran

Scott (41) and Sara (33) here - we are married with one daughter (not sailing with us!) and 4 animals (not sailing either).

We are from TX (Dallas area) - Scott is a Business Analyst for a Real Estate Information Company and Sara is a reformed elementary school teacher. After 12 years of putting up with bad parents, worse administrators, and approaching insanity, she took a leap of faith and is now an electrologist (permanent hair removal).

We are DCL vets but not podcast vets. We are also WDW vets, but seeing new things for us 3 days prior to the cruise. We are both brass musicians (Trombone and French Horn respectively) in our spare time and are looking forward to meeting all of you and our adventures...
Old 09-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #44
rkdahl
Mouseketeer

Nice to meet you all! We are Keith (rkdahl) and Cathy. Thanks again to DVC Kathy for setting this up! We met her and Dave on a previous DIS cruise and had a real fun time. We thought we would broaden our horizons and join even more folks on this trip and since we have been traveling a lot recently, Kathy was kind enough to arrange all this. Sounds fun already!

We are from Minnesota most recently but have relocated near Orlando. We live about 7 miles from WDW now. This will be our 6th Disney cruise and 4th DIS event. We have always been on either the Magic or Wonder so we are really looking forward to checking out the new Fantasy. We are recently retired and travel quite a but. We have no kids but 11 nieces and nephews that visit regularly. We plan on doing a Cocoa Beach hotel cruise parking deal and just drive over to the coast the day before we sail. If anyone needs any help down here with logistics prior or post cruise just let us know and we will see if we can help.

Looking forward to seeing you all real soon! Oh and one more thing. I almost forget, Cathy does not yet know we are going on a cruise at all. I always like surprising her with things so I haven't said a word yet. She doesn't get on the DIS boards so she won't see this and I don't think any of you will be calling her. So my secret is safe with you all. I haven't decided yet when to tell her but I'll lay it out in pieces.

Hey guess what! We are going on a cruise in Dec? Oh yeah and it's a Disney cruise. And one more thing,it's on the new Disney Fantasy! Did I forget to mention its a DIS Unplugged Cruise too? And don't worry about all our dining plans, Kathy and Dave got everything arranged and we will be dining with 12 other DIS people!

Haha! She'll faint!!

I only have to give her time to pack the right clothes. Maybe 2 days before we leave.....
rkdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #45
Frodo UK
Mouseketeer & Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdahl View Post
I only have to give her time to pack the right clothes. Maybe 2 days before we leave.....
Have you really thought this through

Frodo UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: