Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Like the OP, we ended up checking our printed photos and CDs to make sure we were not missing any photos.

Another thing to check - the dates (and ports) on our embarkation photo were were wrong on the CD but not on the prints.

-Kay
Oh, that's a real jewel! Wonder if everyone on the ship had their CD messed up.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #32
collectoraholic
Is it time to sail yet?

We bought the CD on our June 2nd 8-Nighter out of NYC and we had so many problems it was ridiculous! The last of which was FINALLY resolved LAST WEEK--more than 3 months after our cruise ended! We had missing pics, other families pics on our CD, incorrect sail dates as well as length of cruise and location on our embarkation pictures. The list goes on and on and on. Needless to say, we won't be buying another CD from Shutters for quite some time, I'm sure.
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #33
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

STILL trying to get shutters to fix some of the issues we had:

* Missing print that WAS placed on the folio
* Replacement of 5 damaged prints
* Half the prints on the photo CD do not have borders
* NONE of the CD photos have EXIF data, therefore you can't sort by date taken on photo software

I put two tickets in with shutters and they have not replied back after the initial reply. Sent a message to some contact that was posted on the FAQ, and never got back to me...
'13 (POR), '13 (3n Magic)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

Last edited by su_A_ve; 09-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2421 View Post
How much is the small package?
10 prints = $149.00

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #35
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie
But if you buy the smaller package you don't get all of the pictures taken on the CD right?
You get the whole cd. But when you get home you get to pick your ten in the quiet of your own home. You still can't mix an match state rooms (which is dumb). But if you decide you really want twenty or all. You can upgrade after your cruise. I wish I had known that. I would have bought twenty and then decided in an unrushed process if I wanted all. But all done

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #36
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Is there a way to check the CD, to make sure it's correct, while still onboard without a laptop?

Can you receive your CD prior to last day?

TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #37
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve
STILL trying to get shutters to fix some of the issues we had:

* Missing print that WAS placed on the folio
* Replacement of 5 damaged prints
* Half the prints on the photo CD do not have borders
* NONE of the CD photos have EXIF data, therefore you can't sort by date taken on photo software

I put two tickets in with shutters and they have not replied back after the initial reply. Sent a message to some contact that was posted on the FAQ, and never got back to me...
I
I found the no picture data very frustrating but figured that was just a glitch. We are all so accustomed with GPS cameras to having location and date and time it is a little annoying not to have it but I don't pretend to know the intricacies of that whole system.

I actually wish that many of my pics didn't have borders and frames. I thought it would be like photo pass where they come frameless and you frame and add to it.

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412
Is there a way to check the CD, to make sure it's correct, while still onboard without a laptop?

Can you receive your CD prior to last day?

TIA
You can't check actual cd without Internet and you have to do it on the one computer that you ent to save your pics on. The cd is more like a hyperlink to an Internet website. And you can only use it once. Very annoying IMO. They DO however quickly scan through an iPad barrage of your pics and say are they all there are they all there ok ok??? And at ten pm as you are trying to catch a final activity, drink, kids to bed and suitcases out your door you say um yeah sure.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #39
LoriS
Why is the rum always gone????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie

You can't check actual cd without Internet and you have to do it on the one computer that you ent to save your pics on. The cd is more like a hyperlink to an Internet website. And you can only use it once. Very annoying IMO. They DO however quickly scan through an iPad barrage of your pics and say are they all there are they all there ok ok??? And at ten pm as you are trying to catch a final activity, drink, kids to bed and suitcases out your door you say um yeah sure.

I am very confused by this. If I buy the cd of all my pictures, they are not really on the cd? What happens once you use the hyperlink? Are you then able to download all the photos to your computer? Any help would be appreciated, we cruise next Saturday.

LoriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #40
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

To verify what pictures are on the CD, is straight forward - it's whatever pictures show up on the electronic displays using your KTTW.

So, if there are any pictures on your folio, NOT on the display, then you need to let someone know right away. They will then add them. If you see pictures on the display but not on your folio, then those pictures are probably on the displays and you need to look for it.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #41
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codie View Post
I
I found the no picture data very frustrating but figured that was just a glitch. We are all so accustomed with GPS cameras to having location and date and time it is a little annoying not to have it but I don't pretend to know the intricacies of that whole system.

I actually wish that many of my pics didn't have borders and frames. I thought it would be like photo pass where they come frameless and you frame and add to it.

Honestly, don't care about location, but date/time data should be there. Found a utility that can add this to them - at least the names on the CD have the date the pictures were taken.

Borders - I think they do a decent job with them - the formal pictures just have the ship's logo and the month/year, and very unobtrusive. Character pictures are nice to have borders on.

I'm just surprised with the terrible support they have. I still yet to be able to talk to someone after 4 weeks, and they never replied to emails until now. They are now sending a canned email telling me where to purchase a copy of the CD every 6 hours!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #42
SundayGirl
Earning My Ears

I've been following this thread with great interest as we've also experienced issues with Shutters - today a 'response' from the Image Group has finally pushed me over the edge and I need to vent!!!

Hopefully you guys will avoid the same grief.

My family and I (group of 11) were on the 1-8 Sept Western Fantasy, we had 4 staterooms. To prevent confusion, I handed over my KTTW card for every photo.

We chose photos on the last night of the cruise due to the sheer volume we had accummulated.

Firstly we were mislead by the printed price list leaflet, there was no asterisk by the 20 digital photos CD package that stated stateroom restrictions. After speaking to the 'leader', he decided he'd had enough of us, told us that he was just employed by Disney and if we had an issue we must speak with Guest Services. We marched to Guest Services who informed us that Shutters was run by an independent company (The Image Group) and that there was nothing they could do. Fair enough.

What annoyed us was that the 'leader' had sent us to Guest Services knowing that it was futile and that they were ran by an independent company. From the start he should just have explained to us that Shutters was not ran by Disney so all their policies were out of their hands.

OK, irritating, but we wanted the photos so we chose 20 prints for $249.95 so that we could get over the stateroom restriction. I picked the photos up on the morning of debarkation - which was pandemonium. The staff member counted out the corners of '20' photos for me and I was whisked on my way.

After we get off, we realise we only have 19 photos - 1 photo is missing and another was duplicated, so we had 2 photos missing.

Once I'm back in the UK, DCL refer me to The Image Group. I send them an email and hear nothing. I call them up and speak to a human who asks me to email him the problems and reference photos. A week passes, nothing - no acknowledgment. I email again asking if my issue is being seen to, no response.

Then I submit a ticket through online support to make sure my email's being seen to, and today I finally get a response. It tells me what I should do if I want to order prints from them.

Suffice to say that the 'customer service' I've been subjected to thus far by this company has put me off from buying anything from them ever again.

This was my family's first Disney cruise. Whilst we loved the cruise itself, this photo chasing has really spoilt the afterglow of the cruise for us and we're really disappointed that Disney would contract such an irresponsible company. They also operate on all major cruise lines too - great.

LESSONS:

1) Do not try to complain about anything Shutters related to Guest Services, they only send you back up there with their apologies - waste of time.

2) Check, check and re-check all your photos individually and do not let them rush you - my biggest mistake.

3) Buyer beware. Do not expect Disney standards of customer service. The guy I spoke to on the phone very curt, bordering on rude, telling me that when people disembark, the assumption is that they have their correct photos, it is not the responsibility of their company for any mistakes we don't find straight away.

Rant over. I'll be back if I hear anything positive about solving our problem.

I wish everyone else better luck in their Shutters purchases and dealing with them!
SundayGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #43
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayGirl
I've been following this thread with great interest as we've also experienced issues with Shutters - today a 'response' from the Image Group has finally pushed me over the edge and I need to vent!!!

Hopefully you guys will avoid the same grief.

My family and I (group of 11) were on the 1-8 Sept Western Fantasy, we had 4 staterooms. To prevent confusion, I handed over my KTTW card for every photo.

We chose photos on the last night of the cruise due to the sheer volume we had accummulated.

Firstly we were mislead by the printed price list leaflet, there was no asterisk by the 20 digital photos CD package that stated stateroom restrictions. After speaking to the 'leader', he decided he'd had enough of us, told us that he was just employed by Disney and if we had an issue we must speak with Guest Services. We marched to Guest Services who informed us that Shutters was run by an independent company (The Image Group) and that there was nothing they could do. Fair enough.

What annoyed us was that the 'leader' had sent us to Guest Services knowing that it was futile and that they were ran by an independent company. From the start he should just have explained to us that Shutters was not ran by Disney so all their policies were out of their hands.

OK, irritating, but we wanted the photos so we chose 20 prints for $249.95 so that we could get over the stateroom restriction. I picked the photos up on the morning of debarkation - which was pandemonium. The staff member counted out the corners of '20' photos for me and I was whisked on my way.

After we get off, we realise we only have 19 photos - 1 photo is missing and another was duplicated, so we had 2 photos missing.

Once I'm back in the UK, DCL refer me to The Image Group. I send them an email and hear nothing. I call them up and speak to a human who asks me to email him the problems and reference photos. A week passes, nothing - no acknowledgment. I email again asking if my issue is being seen to, no response.

Then I submit a ticket through online support to make sure my email's being seen to, and today I finally get a response. It tells me what I should do if I want to order prints from them.

Suffice to say that the 'customer service' I've been subjected to thus far by this company has put me off from buying anything from them ever again.

This was my family's first Disney cruise. Whilst we loved the cruise itself, this photo chasing has really spoilt the afterglow of the cruise for us and we're really disappointed that Disney would contract such an irresponsible company. They also operate on all major cruise lines too - great.

LESSONS:

1) Do not try to complain about anything Shutters related to Guest Services, they only send you back up there with their apologies - waste of time.

2) Check, check and re-check all your photos individually and do not let them rush you - my biggest mistake.

3) Buyer beware. Do not expect Disney standards of customer service. The guy I spoke to on the phone very curt, bordering on rude, telling me that when people disembark, the assumption is that they have their correct photos, it is not the responsibility of their company for any mistakes we don't find straight away.

Rant over. I'll be back if I hear anything positive about solving our problem.

I wish everyone else better luck in their Shutters purchases and dealing with them!
We were on same cruise!! Didn't you get digital DVD for twenty pack too?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #44
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriS

I am very confused by this. If I buy the cd of all my pictures, they are not really on the cd? What happens once you use the hyperlink? Are you then able to download all the photos to your computer? Any help would be appreciated, we cruise next Saturday.
It's this whole process through which you eventually download pics to your computer. I suppose then you could burn your own disc to share with others or to save for safekeeping. I just found that whole process silly and a colossal waste of time.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #45
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
10 prints = $149.00

And I thought Photopass was expensive...I see myself asking numerous CMS to take pictures..and random strangers, as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: