Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #16
kristof65
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up. One more thing to put in my notes for the cruise.
kristof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicketts View Post
Did your families get new CD to replace the faulty ones??? Refund???
If you call and talk to shoreside, theyll either cut a new disc or theyll email the missing pics. Depends on how many were missing.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Here is an update...
A ticket was opened. Here is the auto email response:

A Guest Services Representative will review your request and personally respond to you, usually within 2 business days.
In the meantime you will be able to find solutions to our most common problems here http://image.freshdesk.com/solution/categories

So we went to the link above and there are quite a few DIY troubleshooting steps regarding picture CDs if anyone else ever has any issues. Here is the info regarding what to do if you are missing photos from a CD:

Please submit a ticket and attach the printout that you received onboard with black and white thumbnails of your photos. Circle the missing photo(s), scan, and attach to your ticket.
If you do not have this printout, please describe the missing photos and attach a reference photo to your ticket to help the ship locate your photos. We keep photos on file for a maximum of 6 weeks.

Lesson number three...get a thumbnail printout. We didn't get one either. Does DCL give thumbnail printouts? That would certainly would be easier than having to describe each missing photo, which is what she is going to have to do now.

Last edited by WDWDeb; 08-29-2012 at 10:07 AM.
WDWDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #19
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
Dont call Disney. Disney has no control over it. Shutters is contracted to Image shipboard photography. Have them call this number 1.800.772.3470
its the number to the Miami office of Shutters.
Yes, thank you. That is the number we called.
Not until we had this issue did I realize that they were a vendor and not Disney.
WDWDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #20
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDeb View Post
Please submit a ticket and attach the printout that you received onboard with black and white thumbnails of your photos. Circle the missing photo(s), scan, and attach to your ticket.
If you do not have this printout, please describe the missing photos and attach a reference photo to your ticket to help the ship locate your photos. We keep photos on file for a maximum of 6 weeks.

Lesson number three...get a thumbnail printout. We didn't get one either. Does DCL give thumbnail printouts? That would certainly would be easier than having to describe each missing photo, which is what she is going to have to do now.
We didn't get a thumbnail printout either!!!
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

I'm not a big fan of Shutters, either.

First of all - the prices are just ludicrous. Yes, it's a business. Yes it needs to make money. Yes, you have to pay for licensing of the characters/logos, etc... But $13 for a print that would cost me about $1 at Walgreens? That's a 1,200% markup. That's SICK!

Second - what a WASTE of paper printing up all of those photos that will most likely be thrown away. Perhaps prices could be lower if they weren't using up so much ink and photo paper printing up pictures that will NEVER be purchased?

Third - I found the staff less than helpful. I had photo mats signed at Guest Services, and I wanted a picture of Mickey with the kids with the cute border/background to put in them. So we waited in line and had our picture taken with Mickey. I scanned my Key to the World card at a Shutters kiosk. I should mention the picture was taken at 9am, and I checked for it after dinner. We were on first seating. Picture wasn't there. Checked our folder. Wasn't there. Asked staff member. The response was a very short: "Check the wall."

Checked the walls. Couldn't find the picture. So they had to do a manual search that took 24 hours.

I finally got the picture - but I wanted a 4X6, and it was printed as a 5X7. They can't resize the picture. That's INSANE. I took the thing to Walgreens and it took all of 1 minute to resize the picture. That's from hard copy. That's not working with the digital copy which Shutters should have had, somewhere.

While they did take some great photos, $350 for the CD, or $13 - $20 per print was just not in my budget.

Between the inflexibility, the rude staff and the extreme pricing - I was less than thrilled with Shutters. And it sounds like even those who do pay for the CD have problems.

What really boggles my mind is that they scanned my Key to the World card for character photos. I totally understand how facial recognition can fail on pictures taken where they don't scan your KTTW card. So they can't necessarily get those into the folder or onto your electronic stash of photos. But how does that happen with the ones where they do scan your card?
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWDeb View Post
Yes, thank you. That is the number we called.
Not until we had this issue did I realize that they were a vendor and not Disney.
Welcome. I forget how we got the number, since weve had minor issues in the past. I know theres a handful of things that are contracted on the ships. The spas are another.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
chapmanfam
Earning My Ears

More Shutters Issues, Magic 8/17-8/25

We also had problems with Shutters. Our stateroom hostess (Maricar--we miss her!) accidentally swapped our cards with our neighbors across the hall when we went to Magic Kingdom, so when we ran our card through the kiosk the day after, we had lovely pictures of that family. We figured it out fast enough, as did the other family, and told Shutters what was going on. We were promised the photos would be corrected "later on, give us a couple hours".

We tried again that afternoon, and again that night. Still the wrong family was coming up on our photo card. We were told that the photos were there, but the systems were taking "too long" to update, and that it would be corrected by morning.

The next day, we got a phone call saying that our photos were there. I went in and checked. Same family--not mine. I talked to them again. Again I explained which room likely had our photos since we had theirs. I was told it would be taken care of.

Every time I checked that last sea day, they had the wrong photos. I was told they'd finally been found, and Shutters verified that there were at least two pictures of our youngest daughter by describing two the photos we were looking for (of course, we'd had 9 taken, which isn't a lot, but even so--two isn't even close to what we were looking for). Anyway, Shutters said the photos would be printed out and to check back after dinner.

After dinner, we saw the last show and then got youngest into bed (note: we didn't leave her--she was with her Grandma!!). I was supposed to meet hubby at 10:45 in Rockin' Bar D for Pub Night with Tisa, and went to check the photos. I left the stateroom around 10:20.

Not only were the photos not there, the ones they printed were--again--our neighbors. They kept asking, "Aren't these your family?" Clearly they weren't--they were a family of more color than mine.

By this time, I had talked to our neighbors and they had gotten their photos straightened out already, and said they saw ours. But Shutters could not figure it out.

By 10:55, I was 10 minutes late to meet hubby, and the guy at Shutters couldn't get my card to scan at the kiosk at all. Finally, when it did, it wasn't even my family at all! It was some random family I'd never seen! I told him (again) I was late and asked if I could order photos in the morning. He said no, I had to order them by 11 p.m. That is, in 5 minutes. And they couldn't even find my family's photos on my own KTTW card--to say nothing of the ones from the Magic Kingdom.

I was beyond upset at this point. I was in tears. I was missing my last evening with hubby (Pub night, and the infamous last skit, was only 30 minutes long and I'd missed 10 of it), and the guy with my card kept saying it was my stateroom hostess who was at fault for swapping the cards--as though they had no responsibility for fixing the problem the last two days. Honestly, we'd figured it out the first morning, as did our neighbors. I don't care if Maricar had swapped everyone's cards--once they figured it out, it shouldn't have been too difficult to swap our cards back or something. Blaming her was in poor taste and considering how hard she worked, it was also blatantly unfair.

Undaunted, he simply told me, "Wait here, I'll go check, I will be back in 10 minutes." I told him I was late about six times by this point but he didn't listen, and he simply left to go look into the photos.

This was such a nightmare on the last night of what had been an awesome, amazing, fantastic cruise. I went to the counter and told them that I wasn't going to wait, if I couldn't order the photos, so be it, and I was done. And I left, very upset, teary-eyed...and within three steps a manager (Rama) caught up with me, introduced himself, and promised me that he would personally take care of the problem. He asked me to come back after the show and that it would be fixed. I said I would.

Thankfully I hadn't missed the skit (they started late, whew!) and Tisa's rendition of R-E-S-P-E-C-T, followed by the skit (see below) made me laugh.

Hubby and I went back to Shutters after the show, and not only had Rama (in 20 minutes flat) found my photos, he had corrected the card problem and we were able to order 10 photos.

For all that upset, they gave me one extra picture of the characters to go in the portfolio we bought with the pics.

I wish I'd had more time to peruse the pics, because although they extended the order time till midnight, I was pushed to go through everything and order quickly. I didn't want to do the CD (after what we went through, and with the OP's story, I'm glad I didn't), but I loved the photos I ordered...but in the rush to order I ordered one extra of my two girls that wasn't as good (it was a backup choice) and missed the photo of my oldest with Peter Pan. Argh!

It drives me nuts that Shutters is run so poorly. Disney is so phenomenal with their details, and Shutters is definitely the weakest link in a fantastic experience. Yes, the photos we ordered were gorgeous, but the ones I shot (and the ones the CMs shot with our camera) were fine--and I didn't have to stress out and end up in tears over them.

I hope that Shutters and/or Disney figure this out. Disney should just do this on their own--I'm sure they have the staff and they have the resources not to outsource this piece.

Think it over, Disney--this was my ONLY problem in what was otherwise an incredible dream vacation. We've "drunk the Disney Kool-Aid" and are now DCL converts. We can't wait to go again...but believe me, we'll be approaching Shutters with massive trepidation!!

Here's the Staff on the Magic doing their skit, "If I weren't at sea...this is what I'd want to be."

https://twitter.com/AlohaKarina/stat.../photo/1/large

Last edited by chapmanfam; 08-29-2012 at 11:15 PM.
chapmanfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
Codie
DIS Veteran

We had some struggles too but all fixed fairly easily. It's good to know to be on alert. I think the price is ludicrous and I was disappointed at a COMPLETE lack of candid photos...even with the characters. If I am going to pay $350 I want that camera snapping every minute it can and around the ship and castaway cay too. And really they already printed all those prints, it is offensive to ask for another $50 IMO. Plus I was disappointed the aqua duck camera wasn't working. I wish they were more like photo pass. Why when I pay for copyrights do I only get the picture with the frame they choose?? I should get the naked picture and the one with the frame and any other frame I want!! On the plus side, shutters did seem a work in progress that they were trying avidly to improve. Just wish I wasn't part of the guinea pig process.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #25
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

All in all, how much time is spent going through all of these hard and electronic copies to make sure they are correct? I was planning on buying the CD (especially since this is our last disney cruise for a long time) But, all of this sounds like a nightmare and a lot of time spent checking everything. How many kiosks are available? Are they busy?
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #26
Codie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie
All in all, how much time is spent going through all of these hard and electronic copies to make sure they are correct? I was planning on buying the CD (especially since this is our last disney cruise for a long time) But, all of this sounds like a nightmare and a lot of time spent checking everything. How many kiosks are available? Are they busy?
Kiosks are reasonably available and located in various places. One thing I didn't know is if you buy one of the smaller packages you still get the whole DVD and then you can choose your pics at home. We spent a lot of "quiet" time sifting through pics deciding when that could have been done later. Total time spent making sure right pics were on the DVD was maybe an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8 times before 1995, but too young to remember exact dates and hotels--always on property; May 1995--International Drive; May 1996--Wilderness Lodge; May 1998--Offsite RCI; September 1998--Port Orleans; January 1999--Disney's Boardwalk Villas--first DVC trip for one night!; May 1999--Port Orleans and Disney Cruise!; October 1999--Boardwalk Villas; March 2000--Old Key West; February 2001--Old Key West; March 2002--Old Key West; August 2002--Beach Club Villas--post-bar relief; March 2003--Wilderness Villas; August 2003--Beach Club Villas; May 2004--Beach Club Villas; March 2005--Boardwalk Villas (FTW Site Planning Session); May 2005--Wilderness Villas (FTW Wedding Planning Session); September 2005--Boardwalk/BeachClub Villas (FTW Wedding and Honeymoon WP/ADH); January 2006 (two trips)--AKL and BWV; February 2006--Saratoga Springs; August/September 2006 (Honeymoon #2)--Riverside and BCV, and on and on

Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Log can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=910748
Codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

But if you buy the smaller package you don't get all of the pictures taken on the CD right?
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Another thing to look for is when you're ordering picture cards like the ones for Christmas, make sure they include the 8x10 or 6x8 picture that you also had to purchase with them. They didn't with our order, and it took them over an hour to find it. I just remembered that they didn't put envelopes with them either, and I had to ask for them too. So make sure you open the envelope and check for these things.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie View Post
But if you buy the smaller package you don't get all of the pictures taken on the CD right?
If you purchase a small package (10 or 20 pictures) you have the option of either printed pictures or the CD (which does have all the pictures on it in small thumbnail size). They "unlock" whatever number of pictures for you to access (if you buy the 10 picture package, they "unlock" 10 pictures on the CD so you can access them at home).

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #30
Mel2421
Mouseketeer

How much is the small package?
AS Sports/Movies Sept 2008
Pop June 2010
Disney Magic Dec. 2012
Disney Wonder Dec. 2013
Pop Aug 2014
Mel2421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread