Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
chaphome
Earning My Ears

ECV/Scooter rentals

Recently broke my foot, so we're going to have to rent a scooter for the week. I've narrowed it down to four companies...Buena Vista Scooters, Apple Scooters, Walker Mobility, and Sun Mobility. Anybody have any experience/feedback on any of these companies?!? Thanks....
chaphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Bete
DIS Veteran

Wink I give one vote for

Apple Scooters.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Piper
DIS Veteran

If you read the FAQs at the top of this board, you will find a lot of helpful information. All of the companies you listed have people who swear that they are the best. Any of them would be fine.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

I know that at least 3 out of the 4 have good ratings on here. I personally would make my decision according to price and scooter size.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
chaphome
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg
I know that at least 3 out of the 4 have good ratings on here. I personally would make my decision according to price and scooter size.
Ok, thanks for the feedback !
chaphome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
ZPT1022
DIS Veteran
Dreaming of my Disney honeymoon!
Beware the troll dolls in Norway...they're creepy!

I only have experience with Apple but I rented from them from August 17-28 with no problems. The scooter was waiting when we arrived and I turned it in to the valet before we left, easy peasy. The original scooter I received had a headlight that didn't work, they came and dropped off a replacement scooter when I called to tell them, it was pretty quick and painless, I'd rent from them again.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
rsell
Earning My Ears

Scooter Rental

I've rented from Walker for several years now and have never run in to any difficulties. Even when the scooter had a problem in one of the parks, they were there within 30 minutes and had the thing fixed or exchanged within minutes. I think they are a local family owned business, they send me a birthday card and Christmas card every year. I'd highly recommend them. If you call them to reserve, give them my name - Roberta Sell.
Good luck to you.
Roberta
rsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaphome
Recently broke my foot, so we're going to have to rent a scooter for the week. I've narrowed it down to four companies...Buena Vista Scooters, Apple Scooters, Walker Mobility, and Sun Mobility. Anybody have any experience/feedback on any of these companies?!? Thanks....
I have rented from both Walker and Apple without a problem, both were great. Apple was cheaper (2011) and even gave me a Military discount. The scooter was a bit beat up and not as newer as Walkers, but it worked great and the company (Apple) was wonderful.
Sandmanswife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
Zobie
Earning My Ears

Wanting to also rent a scooter from Apple for my Dad. Had a couple of questions, can I use the outside charging station at the Ft Wilderness Cabins? How do I lock this beast up overnight? Never been around a mobility scooter before and am totally ignorant so any advice is appreciated. In the past we have made due with wheel chairs, but this seems like a better option for everyone.

THANKS!

Zoe
Zobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Piper
DIS Veteran

They have HC cabins with a ramp. That is all I have ever had. You might look into that. I've never had a "regular" cabin and can't help you with charging outside.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobie
Wanting to also rent a scooter from Apple for my Dad. Had a couple of questions, can I use the outside charging station at the Ft Wilderness Cabins? How do I lock this beast up overnight? Never been around a mobility scooter before and am totally ignorant so any advice is appreciated. In the past we have made due with wheel chairs, but this seems like a better option for everyone.

THANKS!

Zoe
I have always brought the ECV into the room to charge. Even in the Value Resorts there was room to bring it in. Don't know about the FWC you might want to call them and tell them that you will be using one and they can guide you.
Sandmanswife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Zobie
Earning My Ears

Thank you both for the info! I felt bad booking a cabin with a ramp when someone else may need it more than my Dad, he can amble around at home ok, it is only when walking is extensive ie the zoo or DW that it is an issue.

Zoe
Zobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

On our week long trip back in '08, I rented from Walker. I was disappointed with the chair. It was an older model, chair was ripped and the design was bulky. This time, I'm renting from Buena Vista next week. I've heard good things, so we will see!

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: