Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
dbelmo
Mouseketeer

Help me ease my thoughts....

We are planning on a March 2013 trip to the World! We normally stay at POP Century, but as the kiddos are growing we need more space. Also, the prices at POP are double what we paid for the same time frame 4 years ago. Well I have been searching and searching....

I found the Villas on Seven Dwarfs Lane.... any info about these would be much appreciated....or any incite on other locations for about the same $$.

Thanks,

dbelmo
Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

I don't know anything about the villas but they are recommended on mousesavers. I just came back and stayed offsite for the first time. I had two value rooms booked (seven people) but found a two bedroom condo for the price of one of the rooms. We also had a full kitchen, table and chairs for six and a living room. It was amazing having room to spread out and I highly recommend it. If you would have told me last month that I would be an offsite convert, I would not have believed you.

Avoid the emh park that day and you won't miss anything.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

My husband stayed there for 5 weeks in May of 2010 while we were moving to the Orlando area. He thought it was convenient and well maintained. I visited for a week and thought it was fine.

It's about 15-20 minutes from the parks. It was safe and had nice amenities for a smaller development. Sam's is right across the street which made it convenient for groceries. The area is starting to get a little rougher (more commercial) than the vacation homes on the other end of 192, but I have no reservations about recommending it.

The unit we stayed in had 3 bedrooms and a nice living room area. The kitchen was a little small, but very well equipped. The only downside, and I think you get this in all the vacation rental areas, is that there were large families staying in some of the units and they tended to be a little rambunctious and since these are townhomes, there is no place or them to congregate outside except in front of the units.

Depending on when you are going this could or could not be a problem for you. He was there from late April until after Memorial Day and the larger groups didn't really start come until the end of May. Up til then it was really quiet and very relaxing. Nice pool and community room too.

Good Luck

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
jeff968
DIS Veteran

I don't know. The one time I went with a non-brand name time share (Orange Lake) it was no where near the quality of the Marriott/Hilton/Sheraton. I would suggest you keep looking and find a rental with one of the brands that work hard to keep a high level of quality.

Check out the Hiton Parc Soleil. We are heading there again this February. We don't own, just rent.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
mommyof3grlz
Mouseketeer

3 BR condo

We rented a 3 BR condo from vacationcentralflorida.com The condos are in Windsor Hills which is a highly desirable area. His name is Dave and the rentals are from Sat. to Sat. We were very satisfied. We really would have loved to spend just a day or two at the condo but we didn't. We hit the parks every day. Good luck.
Another really good place we have stayed is vrbo.com #66164 It is a 4 bedroom townhome...very reasonably priced.

Last edited by mommyof3grlz; 08-28-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: forgot one
mommyof3grlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
formill
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at The Villas on Seven Dwarf's Lane and the townhouse we had was beautiful-3 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. The only thing I did not like was our unit had no outside space for yourself to eat/sit etc.....but the pool/hot tub/playground was all really nice. The kitchen was small and the washer/dryer combo was very small too-I guess apartment size. We rented from the Kings who own a few of them
http://www.homeaway.ca/cottage-rental/p238135
We paid $79 a night and the rental was exactly as pictured
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff968 View Post
I don't know. The one time I went with a non-brand name time share (Orange Lake) it was no where near the quality of the Marriott/Hilton/Sheraton. I would suggest you keep looking and find a rental with one of the brands that work hard to keep a high level of quality.
Actually, Orange Lake is presently owned by a major lodging brand (Holiday Inn). That said, we've stayed at Orange Lake twice, once in 1997 (when it was not owned by Holiday Inn) and the second in 2010 (when it was). It was nice both times, and I'd still recommend it. However, it just seemed nicer the first time, under non-brand-name ownership.

In fact, OP, OL may be what you're looking for. It's nice, roomy and close to the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #8
Guyton dis lover
Mouseketeer

Smile Best kept secret.

go camping at Fort wilderness. This year My wife and Daughter have been to WDW 3 times and we have used All star resorts. For Xmass we will do the fort with our camper fo 6 days. It is so much cheaper and the Temps in March are not bad if you tent camp. This year we will take our 3 dogs and leave the cat at the house. Try it , you will be surprised.
Guyton dis lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
dawnn12
Mouseketeer

we rented a house its cheaper then the moderates everyone had their own rooms. we had our own pool, very close to the parks and shopping. I loved the fact I could make lunch/dinner if I wanted. my DD's loved the game room(during those afternoon thundershowers)

http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/v...oID-61533.html
dawnn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
TheMorgans
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane multiple time and LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! I have recomended these Villas to many of my friends and co-workers.

When our kids were younger and all traveling with us (plus bringing along friends) it was the ONLY place they wanted to stay. They even liked it better than staying on-site at WDW because of all of the extra space.

Every unit we stayed in was very clean and very well maintained. The pool was large and had a club house attached to it. All the villas are in a gated area that is staffed 24 hours a day. We always felt very safe there. The location was GREAT. It was very close to everything. Like a PP stated it was about 15 minutes from WDW. The price was always excellent - between $59 and $79 per night. We went through vrbo.com.

If you decide to stay there I think you will love it.

TheMorgans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
sammielynn
DIS Veteran

We have stayed there twice and loved it! I would go back there in a heartbeat.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #12
dbelmo
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all the input.... we decided and booked the Villas at 7 Dwarfs lane using the listing on VRBO. Owner was very prompt when answering my questions and held my dates for a few days until we were 100% positive.

So far a great experience.

Thanks again,

dbelmo