Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #31
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

It's 4:30AM and about 38 degrees here in Denver with a chance of rain/snow tomorrow. I AM FINALLY GOING ON MY CRUISE!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited! I hope to have some great pics of the food along the way. I made the decision not to bring the laptop so I'll be back the 14th and will be able to get started then.

TTYL!

Jill in CO
Old 10-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #32
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Have fun! report back with all the goodies!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #33
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Have a fabulous time!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #34
jabead
DIS Veteran

I saw you were back, Jill, and couldn't wait any longer...HOW WAS YOUR CRUISE??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #35
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I saw you were back, Jill, and couldn't wait any longer...HOW WAS YOUR CRUISE??? Inquiring minds want to know.
I am back and exhausted! The cruise was fantastic and I can't wait to tell all about it. Trying to get caught up....Back to the real world tomorrow.

My pictures didn't come out great....my camera doesn't do well in low light....guess I need to go shopping for a new one!

Jill in CO
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #36
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I am back and exhausted! The cruise was fantastic and I can't wait to tell all about it. Trying to get caught up....Back to the real world tomorrow.

My pictures didn't come out great....my camera doesn't do well in low light....guess I need to go shopping for a new one!

Jill in CO
Oh well, any pics are good for me!!!
Have fun on your next trip! I will be there the same time(1st through 6th)

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Are you doing the cruise TR on the cruiseline forum? Are you posting dining reviews of WDW here? So many questions!

I'd love read your reports!

Thanks!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
jedijill

I was just going to do it all right here on this thread. It's going to be more a food review.

Jill in CO
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that the cruise was great!! I can't wait to read all about the yummy food!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #40
jedijill

Working on uploading pictures now! Hopefully I can get an update in tomorrow.

Jill in CO
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #41
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a great time!
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #42
jedijill

Friday, October 5 Departure Day!

After a long night of dropping off the dog, last minute packing, and no sleep because I was "too excited to sleep!", the alarm went off at 4AM so I could make my 7AM flight out of DIA. I gathered all my bags, set the alarm, and went outside only to figure out it was 38 degrees and snowing! The forecast had put the cold and snow on Saturday so I was a little surprised. Oh well, I was headed to Florida!!!!

The temp still hadn't dropped all the way to 38 yet when I took the pic!

Dropped my car off and made it through security with no issues. I decided to stop for a little breakfast before the flight. Stopped at Caribou Coffee for a poppyseed muffin and chai latte.

Muffin wasn't awful but the chai latte hit the spot!

The flight left on time but we had to stop to get de-iced (hey, its only October!) but made it on time to Orlando. I made my way to the ME check in and waited for close to 20 minutes for the bus. The bus stopped at WL, Contemporary, Poly, and GF. Thankfully I was the second stop at the Contemporary.

I walked over to BLT from the Contemporary and checked in (it was after 2pm Florida time by now) Of course the room was not ready so I walked out to the pool area to meet my friends that I would be cruising with. It was hot and humid! Coming from 38 degress and zero humidity to 88 and 100% humidty was a shock to my system!

I hung with my friends for a bit but I was starving and the pool snack bar didn't call my name. I dropped my carry on in my friends room and walked over to the Contempo Cafe for a quick bite.

Knowing we had dinner at CG later, I opted for the Chicken Caesar Salad and the Peanut Butter cupcake. I was doing one night of the DxDDP so I picked up my mug and used a snack credit for the cupcake. I walked back over to the BLT pool to see if my friends were still there (they abandoned me!..not really...one family had a photo shoot at the BW and the others had gone back to nap after taking the red eye from CA the night before). The salad was good...typical Caesar salad...and I refilled my mug at the drink station by the pool bar. I saved the cupcake to take back to the room.

My room was finally ready so I gathered up my cupcake and refilled mug and checked out my room. This was my first time at BLT and I really liked it. This is a standard view studio.

Here is the view from my room.

I settled into the room and decided to snack on the cupcake. It was delicious! The chocolate cake was moist and the peanut butter center wasn't a hard mass like the PB cupcake I had a couple of years ago at Starring Rolls. The frosting was a light peanut butter butter cream. I thought the frosting/filling/cake ratio was perfect! Definitely a hit for me. Contempo also had a Apple Spice cupcake that I didn't have a chance to try.

After eating most of the cupcake, I settled out on the balconey to read and relax. A storm rolled in and the rain was practically coming in sideways so I headed inside and took a nap. At about 6 I met my friends at the Top of the World lounge for drinks. My friend Mic forgot her ceramics over at SSR so we took a quick drive over to pick them up and then headed over to check in for California Grill!

Jill in CO

Last edited by jedijill; 10-18-2012 at 07:54 PM.
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
jabead
DIS Veteran

That cupcake looks very yummy! Great start to your reviews, Jill!

I can't wait to hear about your dinner at California Grill.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: