Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

BTW, Bailey's a sweetheart!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in !!! What an exciting couple of trips you have planned!! I can't wait to read all about them. Make sure your camera is charged and that you take tons of photos so we can live vicariously !! You have some amazing meals planned !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
Sounds like a fantastic vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Joining in!!

I know all about those airfares from Denver to MCO! I tracked them daily till I got my hubby's flights booked! I ironically was able to book his return flight before his departure flight to WDW! I booked both flights in June just a few days apart from each other on southwest. I've not seen the rates at the prices I booked them since then so I was thankful for my OCD in that regard!

Can't wait to hear all about your trips! They sandwich mine lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Two trips? Lucky!! How exciting and you bet I'm signing on for these! My cruise isn't until June of next year so I'll have to live vicariously through you to read about all of the cruise food. I've never been to Palo before but I plan to go for it this time! Looking forward to updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
i'm in!!!

i can't wait to read about your cruise. i have puerto rico as a port city but it's essentially still the same cruise. you must be so excited!!

i hope you have great weather & smooth sailing. i can't wait for palo brunch. i get to schedule activities on sept. 28!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Woohoo, two trips to look forward to!! I love cruising but have never tried a Disney cruise ... we'll do it one day! I hope you have an amazing time and I can't wait to read all about it!
to all my new readers!

The first trip is getting closer and I'm so excited! I have all my FE gifts made and I need to get them ready to ship down to BLT ahead of time. I just need the next 9 working days to go by quickly!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
BTW, Bailey's a sweetheart!
Thank you! She's my little buddy. One of my co-workers loves doxies and his two kids LOVE her...last time they watched her Bailey immediately ditched me and ran off with the kids. They fight over who gets to sleep with her. So nice to have a great (and free!) place for her to stay when I'm gone.

Jill in CO
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
jedijill

Update:

Trip #1

I read the threads about online booking for Remy brunch and I logged in and checked my cruise. I was able to snag a 12:10 brunch on the 2nd Sea Day. I am seriously considering doing the champagne pairings as well.

I was also able to find a rental car to get from the port back to WDW for the same price as DCL transportation. I'm excited as this will give me some more flexibility and hopefully some extra time back at the resort.

Jill in CO
Old 09-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
jedijill

Trip #2

I decided to combine the trip to WDW with a business trip so I will be flying from Orlando to Philadelphia on Sunday night and then working in Philly until Thursday night when its time to head back to Denver.

We booked several deminars (I've updated the original plan post!) Here is what we decided to do:

Deminars:

Culinary Shanna Hornmer O'Hea and Brian O'Hea chicken
Banfi Wine
Buddy Valastro, Carlo's Bakery, Hoboken NJ
Wendy Brazilian and Jon Ashton presented by Driscoll's Onlt the Finest Berries Turkey
Ty Ku Sake & Spirits
Warren Brown, CakeLove

Very excited. I enjoy the deminars...they are fun and way less expensive than other F&W events.

Jill in CO
Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
jedijill

OT life update!

Spent Wednesday night at the Train concert at the gorgeous Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver. If you've never seen Train in concert you must! They are incredible.

Jill in CO
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hey Jill, I don't think I've asked you yet but...interested in texting in any live updates during your 2nd trip?

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #23
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hello!! I'm joining in! I love your Baily, she's so sweet!
teekathepony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #24
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Wow! Look at all your plans and deminars! Sign me up! This one should be good!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hello!! I'm joining in! I love your Baily, she's so sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Wow! Look at all your plans and deminars! Sign me up! This one should be good!
Welcome!

2 more sleeps before Adventure #1 begins! I am almost completely packed, just got done cutting out my cruise magnets, cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash, and am doing last minute laundry. I have to go to a conference for work tomorrow (ugh, I can't obsessively read Disboards all day!) and then I am planning on ducking out early to go to the spa for a spray tan (don't want to blind everyone on the Fantasy with my Casper legs!) and then home to pick up Bailey and then back across town to drop her at my friend's house.

Whew! I'm exhausted just thinking about tomorrow. Can't wait to go to bed tomorrow night knowing that I will be in WDW on Friday!

Btw, I live in Denver and the Presidential debate is here tonight...I live fairly close to the venue at DU and the Interstate was shut down at 5pm. My house backs up to the highway and it is eerily quiet! Very spooky.

Jill in CO
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #26
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hey Jill, I don't think I've asked you yet but...interested in texting in any live updates during your 2nd trip?
Not sure if I can or not....I will let you know!

Jill in CO
Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Have a good trip!!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

I hope you have a great time! I'm looking forward to your reviews!

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #29
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great cruise, Jill!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: