Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #211
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Tuesday August 21 - Dining Credits

Starring Rolls

3 x Turkey Sandwich
M&M Brownie
Strawberry Parfait
Cinnamon Bun

3 X Counter Serve = $49.64

DHS Ice Cream Cart

2 x Mickey Premium Bars
2 x Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich

4 x Snacks = $14.00

Fantasmic Theatre

Grapes

1 x Snack = $3.62

For Dinner we went to 50's Prime Time

Here are the kids making themselves comfortable in the living room from my grandparents house.

The kids both enjoyed a THICK chocolate shake. Here's the waiter giving them strict instructions on how to pour the shake.

The wait staff at 50's is quite a hoot... If you haven't been there, you really outta' try it. But go in with thick skin... because you never know what you will be up against.

DW ordered the Pot Roast - really tender and flavorful

I had the Fried Chicken. Probably the best fried chicken I've ever had.
I asked the waiter if I can substitute the Collard Greens.
He said I can get "Corn or Green Beans".
I said "OK"
He asked "Well which one do you want?"
I told him Surprise me"
He looked at me with this glare, and said really snotty "I am just going to hit which ever button is closest!"

After he brought it (you can see he clearly brought the Green Beans). He came by and asked if everything was all right. I told him it was not, as I actually wanted the corn!
He didn't think it was too funny...

And both the kids ordered the Chicken Pot Pie. Really tasty, and the pie is a puff pastry shell.

DS ordered the Dads Brownie Sundae

DD Ordered Strawberry Sundae

DW had the Boston Cream Parfait

And as much as I wanted the Brownie Sundae as well, I really wanted my kids to try the S'mores, so I ordered it so they could have some.

Little Brat's wouldn't eat any though, and stuck me with a dessert I sacrificed for them... Oh the things we do for our children.

4 x Table Serve = $115.43

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561

Last edited by twokids0204; 10-14-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #212
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Tuesday August 21

We have another long day planned, starting bright an early with a Scheduled DISDad meet up.

Not only DISDad meet ups, but friends and neighbors as well.

It started a 30 minutes before the park was scheduled to open. We had planned for the DISDad's and their respective families to save the universe from Evil and restore peace in the galaxy. That's right we are going to train our your padawan's to be Jedi Knights.

Before the gates even opened there were a few meet and greets outside the park. Most notably the proud hostess herself.

We met Barry and his family outside in line. After a few pictures, and kids scurrying around and getting reacquainted they finally opened the park and the Dads headed over to Toy Story Mania to get Fastpasses, while the Mom's and kids went to register for Jedi Training.

But first (ok, maybe a little out of sequence as this pic was taken later in the day) we need our DHS Sorcerer's hat picture.

Heading into DHS there was a mixup with park tickets. My DD's KTTW barcode wouldn't scan, and the magnetic strip wasn't working properly, so we were sent to another line to filter our way in to the park... They manually got hers to work, and DS's and DW's, and I thought mine as well. Either way we were all inside the park. When I went to get the Fastpasses for TSM my ticket said it was not registered at the front gate (luckily it was mine as everyone else was signing up for JTA). I told the CM about the mixup, and she gave me a Fastpass entitlement card, so I would be able to ride with the family at the printed return time.

So I headed back to guest services at the front gate. they asked if they can help, I said "Yes, I am not sure if I am here or not"
I explained what happened, and indeed although I appeared to be there, I actually was not. So they scanned me in - so now I am officially there, and they offered me another TSM fastpass for the trouble. SO now I have 5. Well, I may as well head back, and get 1 more since I am now in the park. So on the way back up Hollywood Blvd. I run into another DISDad. His name is Ron, but around here he is better known as COMMANDO! Remember I told you we were planning to save the world, yadda yadda yadda... well the original plan was with Commando... but unforeseen busing issues had him running behind.

So Ron and I went to get TSM fastpasses once again... and then met up with the rest of the families at the signup area.

During this whole ordeal My family and Barry's family all rode Star Tours together. Once I rejoined them, I rode as well.

We then headed over to meet Phineas and Ferb.

Oh, there you are Perry

After that it was off to Radiator Springs to meet Lightning and Mater. Here's My kids with Barry's and Ron's kids... future DISDad's and DISMom's.

And the Dad's

Then the lot of us then went to Monstropolis to meet Mike and Sully.

Kids

Dads

That's 3 main meet and greets in the span of 30 minutes. That's COMMANDO touring at it's best.
What a Good Looking bunch of guys But the kids are cute together

I really wanted to be there for JTA sign ups, I had pletty of time to get there, who would have thought I'd be waiting for a bus for 45mins, I was glad to redeem myself a bit, stumbling onto the 2 meet & greets and with the assumption the the 3rd would also be no wait, I'm glad you guys were only a text away and we got to do it together Good times

You guys were all great and I'm glad we met up, The kids all had a blast it was like they already knew each other, I hope we will get to meet up on a future trip
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #213
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I guess the main point of that whole day is that if you want to see Fantasmic! you shouldn't plan to have a Dis meet with Brian in DHS that day.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #214
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Awesome job with the DisDad meets! Did you happen to know every single person in the park that day or did it just seem that way?

I know what you mean about trying to help people plan their trips. You can lead a horse to water...

LOVE 50's Prime Time. I agree--the fried chicken is terrific. And it sounds like you gave as good as you got. Sorry you missed Fantasmic, though.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #215
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
UPDATE!!!!!!
great up date brian!!! i has the same problem a few years ago with the ticket. glad that worked out for you.
kids did a great job at jedi trainning. im most likely the only 47 year old in the free world who hasnt seen a star wars movie.
ice cream and honey look good as always!
i seem to sleep like a baby myself as well as the kids.
some day, some how, we have to meet up!!!!
One day we will make this epic meeting happen... I thought you were gonna go to Niagara Falls one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Man you scored great seats for Fantasmic!! Too bad for rain!!! Taht does suck!!!
Story of my life... Just another reason to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
What a Good Looking bunch of guys But the kids are cute together

I really wanted to be there for JTA sign ups, I had pletty of time to get there, who would have thought I'd be waiting for a bus for 45mins, I was glad to redeem myself a bit, stumbling onto the 2 meet & greets and with the assumption the the 3rd would also be no wait, I'm glad you guys were only a text away and we got to do it together Good times

You guys were all great and I'm glad we met up, The kids all had a blast it was like they already knew each other, I hope we will get to meet up on a future trip
Yeah... was nice to finally meet a bunch of the guys. And yes, the kids got along like they were best of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I guess the main point of that whole day is that if you want to see Fantasmic! you shouldn't plan to have a Dis meet with Brian in DHS that day.
I think DW is starting to thing I am the jinx as well...
Next trip me and DW will have to split up and do it separately, and see who's plays and gets cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Awesome job with the DisDad meets! Did you happen to know every single person in the park that day or did it just seem that way?
Pretty much felt like it...

Member #561
Old 10-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #216
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Just joining in!
I love your trip report.

Check out my 2014 Pre-Trip Report
Wish It Was May

Check me out on Pinterest!
Luv0fDisney's Pinterest

Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #217
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
Just joining in!
I love your trip report.

Glad you are enjoying re experiencing our vacation.

Thanks...

Member #561
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #218
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

That was a fun day, wasn't it?

And it sure was convenient going on Star Tours with your wife and kids. Especially when the loader CM miscounted and there wasn't enough room for all of us in the Star Speeder. I took the boys, your wife took the girls on the next ride and Madison was the Rebel Spy.

Not sure if I ever told you this or not, but while your DS, Evan and I were in Tatooine Traders waiting, I lost Evan for a few minutes. He was tucked up in a corner looking at some Star Wars Action Figures (not dolls) and I missed him. I made sure your DS stayed close because if I lost him too, it would probably be some kind of international incident.

And JTA was fun, but I'm sure the kids had even more fun doing it with their new friends.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #219
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
That was a fun day, wasn't it?

And it sure was convenient going on Star Tours with your wife and kids. Especially when the loader CM miscounted and there wasn't enough room for all of us in the Star Speeder. I took the boys, your wife took the girls on the next ride and Madison was the Rebel Spy.

Not sure if I ever told you this or not, but while your DS, Evan and I were in Tatooine Traders waiting, I lost Evan for a few minutes. He was tucked up in a corner looking at some Star Wars Action Figures (not dolls) and I missed him. I made sure your DS stayed close because if I lost him too, it would probably be some kind of international incident.

And JTA was fun, but I'm sure the kids had even more fun doing it with their new friends.
That would be the second time he was lost at DHS... First was when he was 4 and he was running through "Honey, I shrunk the playground" and didn't want to stick with his sister.
DW and I were scouring that place and couldn't find him. I told the CM at the front that he was missing.... He didn't seem that concerned .... But he did tell me to check the back corner, in the back of the cave (or something like that)... And sure enough that is exactly where he was. Makes me wonder if the CM and Seth were in cahoots...
He was missing for a solid 15 mins or so.... Enough to make you freak out and panic... I asked him what happened, and if he knew where we were. He didn't know, but wasn't to concerned.

Yes, Madison was the rebel spy... She really enjoyed being part of the show.
It really was a fun day. Bayley and Madison started holding hands walking through the park, like they'd known each other their whole lives.

Member #561
Old 12-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #220
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #221
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Does this still exist...?

Thanks for the gentle nudge Randall... I'll get back to it shortly.

I really do want to complete it, afterall - I did drink a LOT of Beverly, someone outta know about it.

Member #561
Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #222
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Does this still exist...?

Thanks for the gentle nudge Randall... I'll get back to it shortly.

I really do want to complete it, afterall - I did drink a LOT of Beverly, someone outta know about it.
Merry Christmas Brian and Sugar and the rest of the family!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #223
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Barry told everyone to look at your trip report for where he eats in DHS I think he's trying to get out of doing an update

I figured while I'm here I might as well join in and go back and read your trip report though...

I love the video of the reveal.. I loled at the I wanna Kona cone bit

You ate at Prime time... the stories from Prime Time scare me
Old 12-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #224
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Barry told everyone to look at your trip report for where he eats in DHS I think he's trying to get out of doing an update

I figured while I'm here I might as well join in and go back and read your trip report though...

I love the video of the reveal.. I loled at the I wanna Kona cone bit

You ate at Prime time... the stories from Prime Time scare me

Who's Barry?

Just Kidding, any friends of Barry's is welcome here.

We had a great time meeting him and his awesome family. I think Ryder is like Stewie on Family Guy, everyone else thinks they are in Control, but Ryder is really calling the shots.

It's been a while since my last update... but I will promise to keep this thing going.

Hopefully next episode is this weekend.

Thanks for joining... Happy Holidays...

Member #561

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: