Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #151
scholastica
Mouseketeer

Great pictures! I can't wait for the rest of the TR.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #152
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

So I went to check out of reservation #1, and pickup the package, tickets, dining etc. for reservation #2.
Quite the complex arrangement.
Looks like there are many things that could go wrong here.

Quote:

So he comes out a few minutes later and says "You aren't entitled to the credit."
Yah… stuff like that…

Quote:

10 Minutes later, I returned to our room, and told DW to pack up... we are moving to the Royal Room!
But then again, your “diplomatic” skills seem to have carried the day quite nicely.
Congrats on the successful negotiations.
POR is a fine resort, but Royal Rooms just make it that much better.

Quote:

OK... Next update we go to a Park - and our Dining Analysis begins.
Now we’re talkin’
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #153
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Nice upgrade! Way to pour on the charm with the manager. Did you give him the ol' $40 handshake? Maybe that's what happened to the room credit.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #154
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Nice upgrade! Way to pour on the charm with the manager. Did you give him the ol' $40 handshake? Maybe that's what happened to the room credit.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #155
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Sunday August 19th

I woke up at around 7:30, stoked to get the day started.

So if you recall earlier I mentioned we had a continuing reservation. Reason was DDP started on Sunday, and we were arriving on Saturday. You may also recall I mentioned something about a $40 credit on the room, as we originally booked rack rate (on the Saturday night) and once room discounts were announced, I changed the reservation to a discounted room.

So I went to check out of reservation #1, and pickup the package, tickets, dining etc. for reservation #2.

So there was still the matter of the $40 credit to settle. Being that it was linked to the first reservation, and we arrived after midnight, and clearly did no charging to the room, I asked if we can transfer the credit to the new reservation. The CM wasn't sure how, and said he had to speak to a manager. No problem...

So he comes out a few minutes later and says "You aren't entitled to the credit."

"Pardon?"

He went on to explain "You aren't entitled to the credit, as you booked a standard room, and you got a preferred room."

So I calmly explained to him "I requested a room on the lower level, close to the main building, you didn't have to give it to me. But I booked a standard room.". This was done with the WDW reservation line, and you have no right to take back a quoted rate, simply because someone neglected to charge it back to my credit card." Then I asked to speak with the manager directly.

He went to get him, and the manager understood my side, and agreed that I was entitled to the $40 credit, as I booked it.

Then I went on to further emphasize to the manager that "I simply requested a better room... kinda like if I were to ask you if you had a Royal Room available"

He said he understood, and was sorry for the inconvenience.

I said "I don't think you understand... It's kinda like if I asked you if there was a Royal Room avaialble." Pause.... "Well let me put it this way... Is there a Royal Room available?"

Well, he finally clued in... and said "You're right sir, let me see what I can do."

10 Minutes later, I returned to our room, and told DW to pack up... we are moving to the Royal Room!

She was amazed... and excited, and so was I.

The building is called Parterre Place, the room is 9515

The layout of the room is identical to the Standard Rooms, but what makes it Royal is this:

Story is Tiana left a note, saying that her and her friends have had a wonderful time in this very room, and she invites you to enjoy your stay and search the room for some of the gifts her friends left her.

Notice the Coat Rack was a gift from Cinderella, as it features her carriage.

Faucet's courtesy of Jasmine

Photo's of Tiana and all her princess friends scattered throughout the room

The crests of the Princes on banners (notice the hidden Mickey's on the light fixture as well)

Snow White left a nice piece of framed art (notice the SW on the bottom)

You can even ride Aladdin and Jasmine's magic carpet

But the ultimate piece - is the headboards on the bed (I can't believe I didn't get any better pics of it), but they have a fireworks show that lights up at the press of a button.

OK... Next update we go to a Park - and our Dining Analysis begins.
Nice job on the upgrade, see what happens when you walk into a lobby wearing a toque and demanding a upgrade in 95 degree weather
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #156
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Off to our first park. We don't have park hoppers, so we planned our parks based on touring plans recommend parks, with some slight variations on my own insane logic.

And today's park is:

First on the Agenda is getting a Fastpass for Soarin'. Soarin' is about the extent of my DD's thrills.

After picking up the FP, we head over to Living with the Land, every body loves that. The kids love trying to find hidden Mickey's in there. I think they have identified close to 10.

After Living with the Land, we head over to The Seas, ride Nemo, check out some the other features of the Sea pavilion. We got to see the diver in the lockout chamber. Then we headed over to Turtle Talk with Crush. Epcot was really crowded this day, it was probably our busiest day all trip. It was the first time I've seen Turtle Talk with crush filled to capacity. My kids had a couple of questions they wanted to ask Crush but unfortunately didn't get chosen.

After Nemo we headed over to

After all what's a trip to Disney without trying some Beverly.

My DD took 1 sip, made a sour face, and poured the rest out.

My DS on the other hand, tried to be the champ, and drank the whole thing. Visibly I can tell he was struggling a bit, but he did it.

As we head into the World Showcase we say a really cool Topiary.

Where's Perry?

Continuing our quest around, we got a picture of one of Disney's most wonderful details. You can find this hint along with others in The Hidden Magic of Disney World, if you haven't read it, or don't know about it. When you look across the World Showcase lagoon towards Morocco just before you reach Mexico, there was a building out of place in the skyline of Morocco. It was originally off colour, and clearly didn't belong. So Disney rethemed the back of this building to fit in with the view of Morocco, including the pillars on the top of the roofs. That building... is Hollywood Tower of Terror.

Lunch Break (see next post)

After lunch, I got a text from a fellow DISDad. "I am in Epcot, about to leave and head to Magic Kingdom.".
I texted him back right away, and told him we just finished lunch and are heading to Mission:Space.

So he quickly changed his plans, headed over to M:S and the first DISDad meet of the trip took place.

We introduced ourselves, our families, and hit it of great.

This is Chris aka ClearScreen around these neck of the woods.

We rode Mission:Space together. As I mentioned we just finished lunch so it was the Green Side. My son had not ridden M:S yet, so he was going to take it easy his first time out. Both our son's sat together, and became good friends for the brief time together.

After the Ride, we said good bye and then we headed over to Ride Soarin'. Gotta love the smell of pine and oranges when you are locked in in Imax theatre 25 feet above the ground.

After Soarin we headed back to World Showcase, where my kids joined the OWCA (Organization Without a Cool Acronym) and did their first Agent P's World Showcase Adventure.

We headed to France

Tried not to fight over the F.O.N.E. (Field Operative Notifications Equipment) to much

And then look... Oh there you are Perry!

And the world is safe once again.

Next, What's a visit to Epcot with catching up with an old friend.

The rest of the afternoon was spent leisurely around World Showcase, watching some street entertainment, and enjoying the different cultures.

One notable event, we were at the Miniature Village in Germany, when a kid climbed the fence, and was standing on a rock. First off she looked like a GIANT, but that's not the important part of the story.
We are standing on the far end opposite this kid, and there is a guy beside us who was clearly "drinking around the world" and was likely on his second trip, if you know what I mean. Well he starts mumbling to himself, and says "Hey there's a girl there who climbed into the display." He pauses... and says "Wait a minute, that's my daughter!"

Scary thing is, he kept mumbling about how her mother should be watching her more closely. He NEVER went to get her out, or say anything to her. And I did not see a mother anywhere.

Dinner in next post as well.

After Dinner we slowly made our way out of the park and back to the resort, we didn't stay for Illuminations, as it started to pour rain. I am not even sure that it was played that night.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #157
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

UPDATE!!!!!
great update brian. glad you were able to meet up with clearscreen!!!!
you managed to get alot in for how crowded it was.
ill have to do the wheres perry when briana goes down with us in may. look cool with the 47 and 20 year old doing it.
great pics and update!!!!
we want more!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #158
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

As promised here is my first installment of the Disney Dining Plan Analysis.

I will keep these separate from the Park Day Report.

In the Dining Analysis, I will go through day by day where we used our DDP credits, and the value (tax included) that the DDP covered.

Any Alcohol, Appetizers, or Tip has been backed out of the final bill to give a true reflection of what we would have spent if not on the DDP.

Le Cantina de San Angel
Chicken and Brisket Tacos, and Churros

3 x Counter Serves = $58.16

Snacks
Karamel Kuch - Carmel Corn
1 x Snack = $4.25

Boulangerie Patisserie (Bakery in France) - Lemon Tart
1 x Snack = $3.41

Via Napolli

DW and I both had the Veal Parmigiana

DD had Spaghetti and Meatballs

DS had 4 Cheese Pizza

Tired after a long day in the park

But always room for dessert

Mine (Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce)

DW (Pistachio Gelato)

DS (Chocolate Gelato)

DD (Some kinds of fancy sundae)

4 x Table Serve = $161.88

And the Resort Refillable Mugs

4 x Mugs = $61.73

Member #561
Old 09-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #159
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholastica View Post
Great pictures! I can't wait for the rest of the TR.

Member #561
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #160
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

A very good first park day, got a lot packed into it. Great pics too.

Are you going to do a running tally of each day's totals? Like Barbie once said "Math is hard!"

Was going to comment about avoiding the rain, but I re-read it and saw the end of the report. All and all though, you got the whole day in dry, very good.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #161
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
A very good first park day, got a lot packed into it. Great pics too.

Are you going to do a running tally of each day's totals? Like Barbie once said "Math is hard!"

Was going to comment about avoiding the rain, but I re-read it and saw the end of the report. All and all though, you got the whole day in dry, very good.
Yeah... I was going to do final tally's at the end, but you are right... In case Barbi is following along, I will do daily totals.

I am currently summarizing the DDP on post #3... I will add up totals shortly.

Thanks Brent.

Member #561
Old 09-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #162
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Counter Service Question

This is our first trip with the DDP (we have FD ) Were the churros part of the meal (meal, drink, dessert) with the dining plan? I can already see I'm going to over indulge. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy about that
Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #163
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Yeah... I was going to do final tally's at the end, but you are right... In case Barbi is following along, I will do daily totals.

I am currently summarizing the DDP on post #3... I will add up totals shortly.

Thanks Brent.
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you!
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #164
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleyB View Post
This is our first trip with the DDP (we have FD ) Were the churros part of the meal (meal, drink, dessert) with the dining plan? I can already see I'm going to over indulge. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm sad or happy about that
Yes Chelley the churros are the dessert.

And they were realllly good!

Everything I spotlight in the dining portion of this report is part of the DDP.

Member #561
Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #165
ChelleyB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes Chelley the churros are the dessert.

And they were realllly good!

Everything I spotlight in the dining portion of this report is part of the DDP.
Thank you
They look awesome! I put it on the list of restaurants for Epcot!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: