Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #46
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love your story and details so far. Those bridesmaid boxes are fabulous! Looking forward to reading more!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Hello, Christie and congratulations!

•Had to pop over and read all your details, since my wedding was held at the same locations you have picked! (Love ADH!)
•Your story and engagement are so romantic. Never knew about that little spot where you got engaged...will have to peek the next time I'm in Epcot.
•The Arndts are great photographers, too, great choice!
•Love the bridesmaid gifts, very clever!

November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Yesterday, marked 11 months out!!

Know what that means? Booking DVC points at the home resort! My parents got a Grand Villa at Bay Lake Towers for us to stay in leading up to the wedding and also use as a space to get ready for the wedding. Super exciting.

In other news, my parents really want a band. Disney sent us a list of some contracted bands, after some sticker shock, I started looking at their websites. I really like these guys- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Mi_2Zc3dN14

Also, we moved our dessert party to the night of the wedding, cutting into the reception some. It will now be Illuminations in France lower.
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #49
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Colors

I've been toying around with the idea of having red, white, and blue as our wedding theme. Not like tacky stars and stripes... but just that color scheme. It is Labor Day weekend after all, Nick is in the military, and I just happen to love my country.

My sister (MOH) HATES the idea. But this is kind of what I was envisioning- I would have the solid red rose bouquet with my white dress, and the BM's would be in cobalt blue dresses with white rose bouquets.

Today, I saw a picture from Ashley's wedding in ADH and it absolutely sealed the deal for me. That curtain would just tie it all in.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #50
BritKansas
Earning My Ears

Just caught up on your PJ. I love your bridesmaids boxes! Everything looks wonderful so far, can't wait to read more.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #51
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy
I've been toying around with the idea of having red, white, and blue as our wedding theme. Not like tacky stars and stripes... but just that color scheme. It is Labor Day weekend after all, Nick is in the military, and I just happen to love my country.

My sister (MOH) HATES the idea. But this is kind of what I was envisioning- I would have the solid red rose bouquet with my white dress, and the BM's would be in cobalt blue dresses with white rose bouquets.

Today, I saw a picture from Ashley's wedding in ADH and it absolutely sealed the deal for me. That curtain would just tie it all in.
If you want to do it then I would do it, after all it is your wedding! I think the way you described it sounds really nice, I just wouldn't have Stars and Stripes on the dresses or anything hehe
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #52
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878 View Post
If you want to do it then I would do it, after all it is your wedding! I think the way you described it sounds really nice, I just wouldn't have Stars and Stripes on the dresses or anything hehe
You mean my wedding dress can't look like this?

What about this?

Can my groomsmen wear this?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #53
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! haha those are great, you should show your sister and tell her this is what you were thinking, she will probably pass out!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #54
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

I should definitely bring them to my planning session as "inspiration"... that would be so funny. I am a jokester, so I guess that would get them to know me a little better.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #55
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Christie, I think red, white, and blue could be a great color scheme! I've seen a bunch of weddings that have used those colors in a beautiful way. Plus they're vibrant and look fantastic in photos! I'd say if that's what you're leaning toward, go with it
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #56
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Well, I've been kinda MIA for a little bit. Here are some wedding updates:

- We were assigned a planner! We have Pamela. I haven't talked to her too much because I hounded poor Diane to death before even getting to Pamela.
- We moved our Dessert Party to the night of at Eau de France.
- I think I have picked out a bridesmaid dress. Here were some of my criteria:
  • I wanted something less than $100
  • I wanted the girls to be comfortable
  • I needed it to be accesible to girls all over the country. I have Bridesmaids in Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, and Florida
  • It had to be cool… I know it will probably be hot in August

Found this dress at David's Bridal. It meets all of my criteria, plus they stock it in the color I want. This allows us to see not only the fit of the dress, but the color. Plus the girls have told me that they can wear their normal bras with it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm much happier if I don't have to wear a specialty bra

- After 2 reprints of our newsletter, they went out on Monday. Many people saying it is the coolest invitation they have ever seen. I think it's funny.. it's not the invitation! But then again, they wouldn't have gotten one if they weren't invited. Our guest list is growing by the day... I'm now expecting 125-150

Last edited by Cmdbuddy; 10-19-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #57
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Well, I've been kinda MIA for a little bit. Here are some wedding updates:

- We were assigned a planner! We have Pamela. I haven't talked to her too much because I hounded poor Diane to death before even getting to Pamela.
- We moved our Dessert Party to the night of at Eau de France.
- I think I have picked out a bridesmaid dress. Here were some of my criteria:
  • I wanted something less than $100
  • I wanted the girls to be comfortable
  • I needed it to be accesible to girls all over the country. I have Bridesmaids in Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, and Florida
  • It had to be cool… I know it will probably be hot in August

Found this dress at David's Bridal. It meets all of my criteria, plus they stock it in the color I want. This allows us to see not only the fit of the dress, but the color. Plus the girls have told me that they can wear their normal bras with it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm much happier if I don't have to wear a specialty bra

- After 2 reprints of our newsletter, they went out on Monday. Many people saying it is the coolest invitation they have ever seen. I think it's funny.. it's not the invitation! But then again, they wouldn't have gotten one if they weren't invited. Our guest list is growing by the day... I'm now expecting 125-150
Lol I think we chose the same bridesmaid dresses!!! What color(s) will yours be in?

And my guest list is creeping up too. I'm overdue to send out my save the dates & newsletters.

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #58
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

I love everything so far. You sound kind of like me......red, white, and blue, but not "Americana." I keep saying, multi-color, not rainbow.

You're newsletter looks great. I am intimidated by everyone's newsletters and such. I'm not very good at making that stuff, but I guess I'll figure it out!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #59
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

God bless you for choosing a cheap bridesmaid dress, I was in 3 weddings the past year and each dress was over $200!!! I promised myself I would not do that to my girls when I get married.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedream88

Lol I think we chose the same bridesmaid dresses!!! What color(s) will yours be in?

And my guest list is creeping up too. I'm overdue to send out my save the dates & newsletters.
It's going to be the same as in the picture- horizon.

Just know that when you send out the STD/newsletter, people that you think would never come, will. Probably should have been a little more selective on ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76
I love everything so far. You sound kind of like me......red, white, and blue, but not "Americana." I keep saying, multi-color, not rainbow.

You're newsletter looks great. I am intimidated by everyone's newsletters and such. I'm not very good at making that stuff, but I guess I'll figure it out!
Thanks! I would just start with a template on Microsoft Word and keep filling in stuff. It intimidated me too but one day I just but the bullet. I'm sure it will be great. I'd send you mine, but it was done on a Mac program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee9878
God bless you for choosing a cheap bridesmaid dress, I was in 3 weddings the past year and each dress was over $200!!! I promised myself I would not do that to my girls when I get married.
I agree. I would never do that to them. They're already traveling to "the world" for me. I honestly think we will probably pay for their dresses regardless.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: