Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #91
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

The Crazy World of Star Wars Weekends, Pt. 3

After our photo shoot(in which I apparently held my light saber wrong), we went into Darth's Mall to check out the special Star Wars merchandise. There was some really cool stuff in there!

Having done pretty well with our plans for DHS, we exited the park and waited(forever) at the bus stop to move on to park number two.

Up next:Our second park for the day

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Me & DH, Bond, KP, Carbon and Sprinkles
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
fnrsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #92
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Yetis and Hippos and Dinos, Oh My!

Yetis and Hippos and Dinos, Oh My!
Saturday, May 19: Part Two

Eventually, we caught a bus over to my favorite park, the Animal Kingdom. We had three main goals there:
1) Do Kilamanjaro Safari, since we hadn't gotten to it yet
2)Re-ride our favorites:Everest, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and It's Tough to be a Bug
3) Eat at our favorite quick service restaurant, Flame Tree Barbecue

We arrived, and quickly got through the gates, proceeding immediately to Harambe.

The Safari line was already pretty long(which, considering it was a Saturday, was not really a surprise), so we got a Fastpass and decided to begin by checking Everest off of our list. We left Africa and soon found ourselves in Asia.

We stopped for few pics.

Soon, we arrived at our destination.

The line was pretty long:

But we got in it anyway.

Here is Josh's video of the ride.

After a bit of a wait and a lovely and exhilarating ride, it was time to use our Fastpasses, so it was back to Africa for us!

Continued in next post

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust

Last edited by fnrsgrl; 03-25-2013 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Added video link
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #93
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Yetis and Hippos and Dinos, Oh My!, Pt. 2

Upon arriving in Africa, we went straight to the Fastpass line, and hopped in. It was time for our safari!

First, we saw this bongo. He was a little bit shy.

Next was a rhino.

Then, my personal favorites, the hippos!

Some big, scary vultures:

The crocodiles were enjoying the beautiful, sunny day.

I don't remember what this guy is.

There were some giraffes pretty close to the road, which was very cool.

This guy was keeping it cool.

This is my favorite part; it's just so pretty!

Continued in next post

Old 03-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #94
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Yetis and Hippos and Dinos, Oh My!, Pt. 3

Another rhino and some kind of antelope finished our journey.

After our adventure had ended, we headed over to Dinosaur as quickly as possible.

We got in line and waited for about 20 or 30 minutes.

Next was a quick spin on Primeval Whirl.

After a quick stroll through Dinorama,

We went in search of lunch.

Continued in next post

Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #95
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Yetis and Hippos and Dinos, Oh My!, Pt. 4

Once we got to Flame Tree, Josh went to place our order and I wheeled myself off to find a table. I ended up going quite a long way and finding us a table with a gorgeous view!

Josh soon arrived with the food. I had the pulled pork sandwich and he had the ribs. Both were wonderful as usual.

Since we were still trying to use up CS credits, we also got this magnificent fruit plate. It was totally worth the meal credit! Absolutely delicious! I don't think I will ever eat here again without getting a fruit plate.

As a matter of fact, I really want it right now!

After lunch, we had only one more goal to take care of--It's Tough to Be a Bug!

On our way out of the park, we stopped for a few last pictures.

Then it was time to say goodbye to the Animal Kingdom until next trip

Where would we stop next? Well, here's a little hint.

Up next: More animals and it's dinnertime!

Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #96
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Graceful Creatures, Flexible People and Yummy Food

Graceful Creatures, Flexible People and Yummy Food
Saturday, May 19: Part Three

Our next park, in you haven't figured it out yet, was Epcot. We had three main goals here as well. They were:

1)Visit Club Cool because I love it
2)Go to the Seas and try to see the sea turtles and the manatees because I have not really seen them before
3)Eat dinner

By the time we arrived, it was late afternoon, so we had a limited amount of time before our dinner reservation. We hustled through the gate, stopping for a quick photoshoot.

We walked straight over to Club Cool to try out the soda samples.

I'm not sure if they've gotten rid of it or were just out, but they didn't have my favorite, the apple soda from Mexico. We then headed over to the Seas.

There wasn't really a wait, so went ahead and did the ride, then we went over to the tanks for some turtle(and Mickey) spotting.

I had never seen sea turtles before, so I was really excited. We also went over to look at the manatees, but you can't really get good pictures of them. This is all I have.

Since we had some time to spare, we decided to head over to MouseGear for Josh to spend up some more of his souvenir budget.

We were getting close to dinnertime, so we decided to begin moving toward the restaurant. On the way, we noticed that the acrobats and such were out in China, so we stopped to take in the show!

This lady balanced and tossed a stick with two other sticks(I'm sure they have correct names, but I don't know what they are).

Next, they all danced with some silks.

Continued in next post

Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #97
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Graceful Creatures, Flexible People and Yummy Food, Pt. 2

This woman was a contortionist.

Next up was a woman who balanced things on her feet.

Continued in next post

Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #98
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Graceful Creatures, Flexible People and Yummy Food, Pt. 3

This man was a contact juggler, which is much cooler in person than it looks in pictures!

Then, they all did some pyramids and ended the show.

It was time for dinner, so we made our way over to Italy and checked in.

We were dining at Tutto Italia. This was one of our longer waits, but it really wasn't bad--maybe five or ten minutes.

First up was some bread and olives. This was okay, nothing special really, just bread.

Our entrees were up pretty quickly. Josh had the Risoto al Frutti de Mare. He didn't really care for it, especially the risotto. He would really have preferred pasta.

Mom had the Lasagna alla Bolognese, and she loved it!

I had the Tonnarelli. I really did not like this at all! The pasta was too firm, the sauce was soupy and I didn't care for the flavor of the cheese. I was pretty disappointed.

Beth had the Fettucine Vecchia Roma, which was basically fettuccine alfredo with bacon, and she loves alfredo, so she was very happy with it.

I'm pretty sure Dad's was the Gnocchetti, and it was just okay.

It was time for dessert, and we decided to get different things and share them. Here is the menu:

I had the panna cotta. It was so good I didn't really want to share, but I did!(A couple bites, anyway!)

Mom had the ricotta parfait thing, which was also delicious.

Josh had the tiramisu, and the loved it.

Beth had the torta, which was also very good.

Dad had the cannoli, which was pretty good as well.

After dinner, we all hurried out of the park, so we could finish up the night elsewhere, getting one last photo on the way out.

Up next: There's just one park left.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #99
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Four Parks, One World

Four Parks, One World
Saturday, May 19: Part Four

Since this was our last evening before the cruise, we decided to finish out the night with a bang, and we all hopped the monorail to the Magic Kingdom.

Our plan was to stay until closing, getting as many rides as we could under our belts. We started out with a ride on Splash Mountain, which we all love. Unfortunately, it had been an extremely long day, we were all very tired and getting wet did not exactly leave any of us in as good a mood as we had hoped. I'm being gentle here--we were all downright grumpy, so we decided(unanimously, I might add) that that was our last ride for this trip. Mom, Dad and Beth went back to the room, and Josh and I decided to do a little last minute shopping on Main Street before we headed back as well. We went through the whole line of Main Street shops, but were so tired that I only took pics in the Confectionary.

We finished up our night by using our last two CS credits at Casey's.

We had fries, sodas, hot dogs, Cracker Jack and a brownie. We actually stuck the brownie in our bag for later, but everything else was wonderful, and it put us back in good mood. It was nice to just sit and enjoy the beautiful park and see the other families enjoying themselves. It was great to end our last land day on a good note.

On our way out of the park, we stopped for one last photo shoot.

We went back to POR and went to bed as quickly as possible. We had an early day planned!

Up next: The Cruise!! Well. . . almost

Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #100
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

We've booked our next trip! It's going to be a Christmas-ish trip in December. I am so excited to experience my first Disney Christmas, and I would love for you to check out my brand-new(only one post) Pre-Trip report, here!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #101
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

A Perfect Pre-Cruise Breakfast

A Perfect Pre-Cruise Breakfast
Sunday, May 20: Part One

We woke up Sunday morning to a phone call from Mom, Dad and Beth letting us know that they had decided to skip breakfast and sleep in. This was a problem because when we looked at the clock we realized that we had missed our wake-up call. We should have been up half an hour ago! This breakfast is one of my must-do's for every trip, so we still wanted to go without the rest of the family. We got ready at light-speed and called a cab, leaving our luggage with Mom, Dad and Beth, so that they could load it up and meet up with us later. With the cab, we were able to make it to the Poly just a few minutes late, and they took our picture and seated us immediately. We were having breakfast with Stitch at 'Ohana!

We started out with the delicious tropical breakfast breads.

We also had some Lilikoi juice, which is my favorite juice ever!

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CYa8ET-xJnc/UVQUBNzm_**/AAAAAAAACcU/Fb3ZcgmFdac/s640/DSCN4284.JPG[/IMG]

Next was the beautiful fruit plate.

And then the platter with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and biscuits.

We also had some Mickey waffles.

They even brought us a little cupcake for our anniversary.

All ofthe food was delicious, and throughout the meal, we had fun with the characters. First up was Pluto.

Then, my favorite, Stitch!

He autographed my pocket on our fish extender.

Next up was Mickey.

And last was Lilo.

This is one of my favorite breakfast spots at Disney partially because Stitch is my favorite character, but I also love the family style service. You never have to worry that you're going to miss a character because you're at the buffet.

Soon, our meal was over, and we headed downstairs, where the van service was picking us up.

We were taking a van to Port Canaveral because it was actually more economical for five people, would allow us a grocery store stop and was going to get us to the ship about an hour before the Disney buses would have.

Up next: We're on our way

Old 04-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #102
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

We're Almost There!

We're Almost There!
Sunday, May 20: Part Two

We all loaded up into the van, and said "See ya real soon" to Disney World. It was time for our cruise! We made a quick pit stop at a nearby grocery store, where we purchased some snacks and toiletry items we had run out of or hadn't thought to bring(I dont think any of us actually forgot anything on this trip--yay!). The trip takes a while, so we settled in for the long haul. Dad, Josh and Beth took a nap while Mom and I talked quietly. It was comfy and pleasant and although the driver was rather grumpy, I would recommend the van service heartily. Soon, we caught our first glimpse of the Dream.

Soon we arrived at the terminal. We had forgotten to repack our items so that we had a "day bag", so we rearranged things there on the sidewalk and checked our bags in before proceeding into the terminal building.

Security was quick and easy(you're not allowed to take pictures), and we soon found ourselves back in the realm of Disney. The terminal is truly lovely and is a great gateway to your cruise experience--I love it!

Josh and I had cruised with Disney once before, so we headed for the Castaway Club check-in, while Mom, Dad and Beth used the restroom and went to the regular check-in.

After checking in we spent a few minutes looking around.

Our numbers came up in less than ten minutes(and both at the same time), and we all gathered at the giant Mickey portal and boarded the ship! We were soooo excited!

It's so wonderful to hear your name announced as they welcome you to the ship!

Seriously, the whole check-in procedure is super-efficient. From the time we pulled up in front of the terminal to the time we set foot in the ship's lobby was certainly less than half an hour. It was all also really pleasant, every CM we encountered was kind, polite and friendly. It was a great start to a great cruise!

Up next:What to do until we sail away?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #103
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Loving your update! Great pics!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #104
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Loving your update! Great pics!
Thank you! I'm so excited to finally get to the cruise portion of our trip!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #105
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

The Realization of a Dream

The Realization of a Dream
Sunday, May 20: Part Three

We were finally there! After months of planning and anticipation, we were finally on board the Disney Dream. It was beautiful!

We hopped onto an elevator and made our way to Cabanas for lunch.

We found a table and then took turns going to the buffet so that someone would be with our things at all times. Getting your bags stolen would not be a good start to your cruise vacation! Here are some shots of the buffet:

(Sorry about the blurry ones. I was trying to take as many as possible without holding up the line, so I was kind of rushed)

Here is my first plate. Clockwise from top: Cheesy mashed potatoes, two specialty pastas, marinated tomato, caprese sandwich on ciabatta, and some kind of beef.

Dad's first plate. Peel and eat shrimp, some kind of flatbread, steak and a couple of meats(I don't know what they were)

Josh's first plate. Asparagus spears, steak, king crab claws, peel and eat shrimp, salmon, some kind of chicken and a container of cocktail sauce.

I did not get pictures of mom's and Beth's plates, as I was busy eating by the time they got through the line. Here is my dessert plate. Fruit tart, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate mousse.

And Josh's. Fruit tart, banana bread, mint chocolate chip ice cream.

All of the food was delicious! We really enjoyed our meal.

Continued in next post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: