Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi There I'm really enjoying you report so far!

Your meal in DTD looks delicious. Especially the Shepard's Pie and the Bread and butter pudding.

I know exactly what you mean about getting to the MK. It almost doesn't seem like a Disney vacation until you see the castle in all of its glory.

Your MSEP pictures are awesome!

Looking forward to the next update.

-Amanda
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsswat View Post
great pics of parade. Mind sharing what kind of camera you were using>
Thank you! It was just my Point & Shoot. It's a Nikon Coolpix S6200. I love it, though because it's tiny and I've been really happy with the quality of pictures it takes, as long as you don't need a ton of zoom.

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Me & DH, Bond, KP, Carbon and Sprinkles
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
fnrsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi There I'm really enjoying you report so far!

Your meal in DTD looks delicious. Especially the Shepard's Pie and the Bread and butter pudding.

I know exactly what you mean about getting to the MK. It almost doesn't seem like a Disney vacation until you see the castle in all of its glory.

Your MSEP pictures are awesome!

Looking forward to the next update.

-Amanda
Thank you very much! I'm glad you're liking it so far!

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! And I LOVE all your pictures! We'll be staying at PoR for the first time so I'm really loving your pictures of the resort. How long does it usually take to wait for a boat to take you back to the resort? I was thinking for dinner one night we would go to DtD and pick up some Earl of Sandwich to bring back to the room? We'll be staying in one of the Royal Rooms so I'm excited to see your pictures from your mom and dad's room.

I look forward to reading more.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Great trip report! And I LOVE all your pictures! We'll be staying at PoR for the first time so I'm really loving your pictures of the resort. How long does it usually take to wait for a boat to take you back to the resort? I was thinking for dinner one night we would go to DtD and pick up some Earl of Sandwich to bring back to the room? We'll be staying in one of the Royal Rooms so I'm excited to see your pictures from your mom and dad's room.

I look forward to reading more.
Thank you! I wouldn't say you really have to wait long for the boat, usually--maybe fifteen minutes? But the ride itself takes about twenty minutes or so, I think. Also, the one time we waited until closing to leave DD, there was quite a line, and it took half an hour or so to get everyone organized and onto boats.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
njgrl622
Earning My Ears

I am loving your trip report!! We have a preferred room in POR booked for a week in October and we can't wait!!

I was glad to see your review of Raglan Road too - we have an ADR there during our stay.

Thank you!!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #22
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgrl622 View Post
I am loving your trip report!! We have a preferred room in POR booked for a week in October and we can't wait!!

I was glad to see your review of Raglan Road too - we have an ADR there during our stay.

Thank you!!
Thank you! I'm sure you will love both POR and Raglan Road! I have done each of them twice, and really enjoyed them both times.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Winnie the Pooh and Tomorrowland, Too!

Winnie the Pooh and Tomorrowland, Too!
Sunday, May 13:Part Six

As the last couple of floats were passing, we were deciding what to do next. We figured we would have plenty of opportunities to see Wishes on this trip, and the best places to view it would be hard to get to, so we would catch it another night. We decided that it would be a good idea to do Fantasyland while everyone else was watching the fireworks. On the way over, I got one Wishes picture over the tops of the buildings:

Peter Pan's Flight had a short wait, which kind of felt like a Disney miracle in and of itself, so we rode that first. All of my pics came out really blurry, so you'll just have to use your imagination! Then we headed over to do a family favorite, Mickey's Philharmagic.

Things got a little crazy in there. Donald lost Mickey's hat and for a while it looked like he was never gonna get it back, but everything worked out in the end. Phew--disaster averted!

Next, we decided to ride Winnie the Pooh. This was our first time seeing the new queue, and we loved it! There are so many adorable details and so much to do, you hardly even realize you're waiting in line!

In just about twenty minutes, we were boarding our honey pot into the Hundred Acre Wood.

When were done, we had a look around the little exit shop. I loved this fluffy Piglet:

And this goofy guy:

Feeling pretty content with our Fantasyland accomplishments for the night, we headed over to Tomorrowland for something a little more exciting--Space Mountain! It was pretty much a walk-on.

Mom and Dad sat this one out , but Josh, Beth and I had a great ride and headed back out to meet them.

We enjoyed Tomorrowland while discussing what to do next.

We decided to go back to Pirates and see if it had been reopened. We walked past the castle, which looked so beautiful all lit up.

Continued in next post.

Last edited by fnrsgrl; 09-11-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Winnie the Pooh and Tomorrowland, Too!, Continued

We took plenty of pics of the gorgeous castle.

And the surrounding area:

And even stopped for a photographer:

Before continuing on to Adventureland, where we got distracted by. . .

DOLE WHIP!!!

We sat in the little seating area. . .

Where Josh and Mom ejoyed pineapple floats,

Beth had vanilla,

And I had orange.

And I'm pretty sure Dad just took a little of everyone's!

After our snack, we finally headed to Pirates, which was open and had no line!

It was basically closing time, so Mom, Dad and Beth headed back to their room, but Josh and I decided to take our time heading back. We meandered up Main Street, checking out some of the stores on our way back.

We even stopped for a little snack!

These corndog nuggets from Casey's are one of my Disney faves!

I loved these shirts:

Then we reached the end of Main Street, and it was time to leave.

We caught a bus pretty quickly and headed back to our room for some much needed sleep!!

Up next:Our first full day at Disney

Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Topiaries, Dragons and The Holy Grail(Grail,Grail,Grail!)

Topiaries, Dragons and The Holy Grail(Grail,Grail,Grail!)
Monday, May 14:Part One

We rose bright and early on this beautiful Monday morning after a very good night's sleep(seriously, the beds at POR are super-comfy). We had a lunch ADR in Epcot, so it was the obvious choice for the morning. Josh and I started moving at around seven and were at the bus stop at eight. Mom, Dad and Beth decided to sleep in and meet us at lunch. We waited about ten or fifteen minutes for a bus to Epcot.

We arrived quickly, got through the turnstiles, and stopped to take some pictures.

And to have some taken:

Epcot was having the Flower and Garden Festival, so there were beautiful topiaries everywhere! We headed further into the park in search of breakfast.

We passed through Mexico,

On our way to Norway and a special breakfast treat.

School bread from the Kringla Bakerie(with milk)! If you haven't had this before, you need to try it. It's absolutely delicious. It basically is like a huge donut filled with a wonderful custard. We shared one, and it made a perfect breakfast.

Continued in next post.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Topiaries, Dragons and The Holy Grail(Grail,Grail,Grail!)--Continued

While we were in Norway, we decided that since there was no wait, we would battle the trolls and do some waterfall surfing before moving on.

There must have been some kind of ride malfunction because we were stuck right at the "sticking out over the giant waterfall backward" portion for two or three minutes. It was weird, but really kind of cool.

After the ride, we stopped to say "hi" to an old friend in the gift shop:

Before heading back to Future World to hit a couple of rides before lunch.

This sculpture was made of sand and was in honor of the new Chimpanzee movie, which had just come out at the time. (It's adorable, by the way)

We decided to do Journey into Imagination because I just love Figment, and there's never a line.

And here is my husband's lovely video of the ride.

Next, we saw Captain EO, and let me just say, don't bother. It was weird and outdated and Michael Jackson was not a good actor. We really just didn't enjoy it at all, and the 3D movies are usually favorites of mine. I really hope that when they take EO back out, they put a Figment movie there. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I still hadn't found a lanyard I liked, so we went over to Mousegears to look around.

I bought a lanyard and several pins that I liked, and then we decided we had better head toward lunch or we might be late. On the way, we walked thorugh this adorable fairy garden.

Eventually, we arrived in Canada for our ADR.

Continued in next post

Last edited by fnrsgrl; 09-13-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #27
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

Topiaries, Dragons and The Holy Grail(Grail,Grail,Grail!)--Continued

We were a bit early and our times guide said that one of Josh's favorite Epcot shows, the World Showcase Players, was starting up in just a few minutes in the United Kingdom. We figured we could watch for a while and leave a bit early for our reservation, so we headed over there.

The show was King Arthur and the Holy Grail, and the players were just arriving when we got there.

This guy was chosen to be King Arthur.

He really seemed to be having fun and getting into his character.

Then they needed a Sir Galahad. They started scanning the crowd for a willing participant, and who should they choose but Josh! He's kind of a ham, so he was really excited.

This young lady got to be the sorceress(I don't know the character's name):

In the end the grail was given to King Arthur, and the good guys won.

We, on the other hand, had had to stay for the whole performance and thus were running late for lunch.

Meanwhile Mom, Dad and Beth had arrived at Epcot, where they were joined by Uncle Brad, who lives fairly close to Orlando and had decided to join us for a few days. Here are some of their Photopass shots for the morning:

We gave them a call to let them know we were on our way and then went running for Canada.(or, speedwalking, anyway)

Up next:Our yummy lunch

Old 09-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
debfen
Earning My Ears

Loved Raglan Road!! and the Pie in the Sky does have a lot of garlic, but I love it like that!! And the bread pudding, all I can say is mmmmmmmm.

Loving your report! Brings back many great memories and makes me want to start planning the next trip!

debfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
debfen
Earning My Ears

Under the railroad trestle...Mainstreet ahhhhh. I love the sights and sounds and smells of Main Street. And then the castle. It's never real until I'm walking down Main Street with the castle in view!

debfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #30
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Loovve Loovvvee so far!!

I love the pics of the Topiaries! Sorry that POC was broke down, that is one of my absolute favs!!

I LOVE that dress you have on and that shirt you wore to Epcot, Where did you get those from? They are beautiful on you!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: