Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #1366
mch521
Mouseketeer
 
mch521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
I'm thinking of adding a breakfast our last day. Where is your fave?. We usually just have oatmeal or cereal in our room

Also those going over Thanksgiving where are you eating that day?

I called and got a reservation at Cape May (wanted Chef Mickey's) but I think we will be happy with Cape May after looking at last year's menu. We were already eating there another night so now I need to get a different reservation for elsewhere unless we decide to eat back at our Villa. I'll figure that out later
We booked an ADR on departure day for Kona Cafe.....read such great things about the Tonga Toast and Kona coffee on DIS that I couldn't pass it up! Thanksgiving we are doing dinner at Coral Reef (they will be serving traditional T-Day dinner) we wanted that restaurant for the atmosphere :-) I planned just to tour the world showcase on Thanksgiving and take it easy + get the jumbo turkey legs for lunch with the family, should make for a great photo op & experience!

If we were leaving the park I would totally book Cape May- their menu from last year sounded amazing.
mch521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1367
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts
 
xipotec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 1,380

Add us to the list ,,,11-11->11-18

But keep it a secret
__________________
11/2013 POLY Confirmed!
11/2012 POLY! CONFIRMED!
12/2010 Polynesian
Before that too many to list
!


SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #1368
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mch521 View Post
We booked an ADR on departure day for Kona Cafe.....read such great things about the Tonga Toast and Kona coffee on DIS that I couldn't pass it up! Thanksgiving we are doing dinner at Coral Reef (they will be serving traditional T-Day dinner) we wanted that restaurant for the atmosphere :-) I planned just to tour the world showcase on Thanksgiving and take it easy + get the jumbo turkey legs for lunch with the family, should make for a great photo op & experience!

If we were leaving the park I would totally book Cape May- their menu from last year sounded amazing.
I've had Tonga Toast otherwise I'd eat there. (it's really good!) Would like a resort besides the Poly since we'll be there twice already on this trip

was thinking about WCC or Trail's End but not sure. I'm not a huge breakfast eater but my family loves a big breakfast so it's more for them. I'd seriously be happy with oatmeal lol
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #1369
amomma23
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West/Central PA
Posts: 1,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post

was thinking about WCC or Trail's End but not sure. I'm not a huge breakfast eater but my family loves a big breakfast so it's more for them. I'd seriously be happy with oatmeal lol
Have you tried the Wave? They have a nice breakfast buffet for the family, and you can order something something a la carte if you don't want so much food.
__________________


amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #1370
Skyhawk341
DIS Dad #763 | Smart enough to know that I don't know it all
 
Skyhawk341's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 62

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yeah, David Bowie was right. Changes.

From not being booked anywhere, to AoA - LM, to a contingency booking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek...we are now booked at Port Orleans Riverside, with the added bonus of a free dining PIN. Had to reserve one of the "Royal garden-view" rooms to use the PIN, but I think we'll manage. The queen size beds alone are worth it for me. DD is looking forward to all the princess schwag, and DW likes the idea of being a boat ride away from DTD and the Ghirardelli shop.

Yeah, I'd call today a Disney victory!
__________________
"If you drink, don't drive. Don't even putt." -Dean Martin

1st family WDW trip November 22-28, 2013 (Port Orleans Riverside)

DD (6): POR November 2013
DW: MK+Epcot January 1986 (offsite), Epcot March 2011 (offsite), POR November 2013
Me: MK June 1978 (offsite), Epcot March 2011 (offsite), POR November 2013
Skyhawk341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #1371
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk341 View Post
Yeah, David Bowie was right. Changes.

From not being booked anywhere, to AoA - LM, to a contingency booking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek...we are now booked at Port Orleans Riverside, with the added bonus of a free dining PIN. Had to reserve one of the "Royal garden-view" rooms to use the PIN, but I think we'll manage. The queen size beds alone are worth it for me. DD is looking forward to all the princess schwag, and DW likes the idea of being a boat ride away from DTD and the Ghirardelli shop.

Yeah, I'd call today a Disney victory!
congrats! I wish that PIN would come my way we arrive on the last day to use it (23rd)

we're staying at WBC this time unless that pixiedust comes my way
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #1372
amandals2007
DIS Veteran
 
amandals2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 524

Breakfast on our last day is CRT. The breakfast isn't fabulous but I need the princesses for a last kick of magic before going back to reality haha
__________________
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #1373
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post
Breakfast on our last day is CRT. The breakfast isn't fabulous but I need the princesses for a last kick of magic before going back to reality haha
I thought about this but I don't want to prepay for the meal lol I'm too cheap for that right now

I ended up booking Boma in case we want to do a park that day before driving home (no hoppers). I've heard great things about their juice
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1374
amandals2007
DIS Veteran
 
amandals2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post

I thought about this but I don't want to prepay for the meal lol I'm too cheap for that right now

I ended up booking Boma in case we want to do a park that day before driving home (no hoppers). I've heard great things about their juice
You don't have to prepay. Tell them you are on the dining plan to book it, and then that morning tell them you want to pay cash and not use the dining plan. That's what we did because I didn't want to pay out of pocket either lol
__________________
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #1375
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 500 miles away from my happy place
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post
You don't have to prepay. Tell them you are on the dining plan to book it, and then that morning tell them you want to pay cash and not use the dining plan. That's what we did because I didn't want to pay out of pocket either lol
we're staying offsite this trip though not sure that would work

I think we'll be happy with Boma. My kids are teens so we're are kinda over the princess stuff plus I want to try the juice at Boma
__________________
MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1376
amandals2007
DIS Veteran
 
amandals2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 524

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post

we're staying offsite this trip though not sure that would work

I think we'll be happy with Boma. My kids are teens so we're are kinda over the princess stuff plus I want to try the juice at Boma
What juice?' Lol please explain
__________________
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #1377
Disneynut71
DIS Veteran
 
Disneynut71's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 1,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Congrats on the free dining. Did you get a pin offer by email?? I'm booked and paid going from November 29th - December 5th at Coronado Springs. I have been looking daily for a pin so I can get free dining and upgrade to the WL or YC.
Yes. I had been searching on the disney world website and all of a sudden it came in the mail. I am so happy it did. I don't think I would have gone otherwise.
Disneynut71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #1378
amandals2007
DIS Veteran
 
amandals2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 524

Snail mail or email? My aunt and uncle are trying to get free dining for their trip and keep getting emails with pins they end up not really being a deal just getting you to call disney
__________________
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #1379
DISDANCEMOM
Mouseketeer
 
DISDANCEMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Durham Region, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Hello!!!

My family & I are already planning our 2013 Disney vacation. I have searched, but I didn't see another November 2013 thread so I figured I would see if anyone else has begun to plan.

Our check-in date is October 31st, but our first park day will be November 1st and the majority of our vacation will obviously be in November.

So......who's on board?

You can add us to the list!! It will be Me, DH, DD(14) and DD(12) staying at POR from Oct 30-Nov 10 with a FREE DINING PIN

We are still trying to convince my parents to come with us...it would be their first trip in almost 25years!

Well it looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up with everyone that is going this November
__________________
Me, DH, DD15 & DD12

DISDANCEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #1380
beachmama3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 354

Hi! Just found this thread! We will be in WDW Nov 6-12...can't wait to go to MVMCP! Traveling with 16 other people, so this trip will be interesting! We are staying at POR. May switch over to the Boardwalk or Beach Club after we buy our annual passes in August!

I haven't read through the whole thread so I am sorry if this is a repeat question, but does anyone know if the resorts will be decorated for Christmas this early? Excited for DHS Osborne lights but would love to see the decorations at the resorts!
__________________
Donia DH DS (12) DS (10) DS (7)
Most Recent: 2006:POFQ/ 2009:POR/ 2010:POR/ 2012:ASMu and POR/ August 2013: POR November 2013: POR/ August 2014 Pop and AKL
beachmama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: