Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #946
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaminDisney2013 View Post
Thanks figmentswife and figmentchick but it also looks like I need more posts before I can PM.

Some advice...anyone eat at Teppan Edo? I heard its a good place to take kids since they entertain while you watch them cook your food. Also, would it too much to do BOG for dinner then do the dessert party afterwards? Or should I split it up? We are there for 11 days so we have time.
We are planning on Ohana dinner and then the dessert party, but we were going to go for the earliest Ohana dinner so we're not doing them right on top of each other, but with a little break in between.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #947
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

Sorry for all posts...need two more so I can PM

Anyone do dessert party? Can you watch the Electric parade from there or just the fireworks?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #948
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

Ok last one

Anyone been to trex in downtown Disney? I'm worried my LOs might be scared but they love dinosaurs. So also considering Raglan road instead bc DH and I ate there few years ago and it was great! Just thought they might like trex better. Thanks in advance for your help!! And sorry for so many posts
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #949
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Thanks figmentswife and figmentchick but it also looks like I need more posts before I can PM.

Some advice...anyone eat at Teppan Edo? I heard its a good place to take kids since they entertain while you watch them cook your food. Also, would it too much to do BOG for dinner then do the dessert party afterwards? Or should I split it up? We are there for 11 days so we have time.
We did BOG @ 4:30 then the dessert party @ 8 and were too full still from dinner Bob and I shared 4 chocolate strawberries only, but the seats and view were worth the $$$ even though we couldn't sample the desserts

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #950
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Sorry for all posts...need two more so I can PM

Anyone do dessert party? Can you watch the Electric parade from there or just the fireworks?
You can only see the tops of the floats from the party.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #951
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Down to 184 more days for me!!

I make my ADR next Thursday! 5/9 for 11/5
I'll be on the website at 6AM. Hopefully go back to bed for 15 min before getting up for work.

Already Got my MVMCP tix for opening night too.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #952
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Quote:
Ok last one

Anyone been to trex in downtown Disney? I'm worried my LOs might be scared but they love dinosaurs. So also considering Raglan road instead bc DH and I ate there few years ago and it was great! Just thought they might like trex better. Thanks in advance for your help!! And sorry for so many posts
We have done T-Rex, we were visiting family but didn't go to the parks my son was 2 1/2 and he loved it try to avoid the ice cave its cold and dark and the light show gives you a headache. try and sit to the left of the ice cave there are several smaller dinosaurs that move around and make noise I think about every half hour. The food is great I loved the mushroom pasta dish
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #953
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I am thinking 6:30-6:45 should be a good time, since I have read it can take a while to be seated.
Thanks! I was thinking 7ish, but your times sound good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyCdn View Post
Yay! Just got all my ADR's. I'm SO happy. Got all I wanted and was only off by 15 minutes on a couple of them and I was booking for a party of 7! I also was surprised by all the restaurants that need a credit card now. And very annoyed I had to type in my card number and address for each restaurant that needed the credit card.
Next steps are to plan what we are doing at each park to maximize our ride/attractions!
So glad you got everything you wanted! I think I might try the idea I've been hearing and make the reservation for six people instead of five. Some peeps from the October thread said they found available times when they used even numbers than odd. Whatever. As long as I can eat where I want when I want! Besides, I have a CM friend that might tag along with us.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #954
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

So glad you got everything you wanted! I think I might try the idea I've been hearing and make the reservation for six people instead of five. Some peeps from the October thread said they found available times when they used even numbers than odd. Whatever. As long as I can eat where I want when I want! Besides, I have a CM friend that might tag along with us.
Oh yeah, definitely try for an even number. For whatever reason the odd numbers are often unavailable.

Geez, I feel like im gearing up for the Super Bowl or something I am so excited to make our ADR's and I still have another couple weeks to wait....
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #955
GoofyCdn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was surprised that 7 worked for booking. Maybe it has to do with tables being usually for 4 so 5 doesn't work. Every reservation I did had a big yellow warning that "everyone in my party may not be able to sit at the same table". I'm just happy that I was able to get things done and finished and without too much hassle. I think it helped that I'm in Canada and we still have the old website. I also didn't get onto the website until 8am.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #956
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post

We have done T-Rex, we were visiting family but didn't go to the parks my son was 2 1/2 and he loved it try to avoid the ice cave its cold and dark and the light show gives you a headache. try and sit to the left of the ice cave there are several smaller dinosaurs that move around and make noise I think about every half hour. The food is great I loved the mushroom pasta dish
Thanks so much! Very helpful !!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #957
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.

Today is my 180 days and I was able to get all the ADR's I wanted and MNSSHP tickets for November 1st. Now just waiting on Pirates and Pals firework cruise and of course either Free dining or room offer!!! Does anyone know anything about the pirates and pals cruise? We have ADR at crystal palace at 8:40 am does anyone know how early they will let us in the park? if we show up at 8:15-8:30 will they give us the next available table or only the next available starting at 8:40
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #958
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

So we are 190 days away! Could you add us to the list? 11-9 to 11-16 Beach Club! Thanks!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #959
DreaminDisney2013
Mouseketeer

So just checking since I'm noticing people have more than one reservation, once it's 180 days you can make all your AdR for whole trip? Or is it done each passing day?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #960
Holly Quinlan

Quote:
So just checking since I'm noticing people have more than one reservation, once it's 180 days you can make all your AdR for whole trip? Or is it done each passing day?
For the whole trip, I think for up to 10 days

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: