Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #916
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Only one more sleep til I can make our ADRs! Squeeeeee!

I'm in Australja so I'll have to make them online at 8pm tomorrow night, which is 6am Florida time. I think I'm all ready, but need to do some finalising today. So excited!

We have a 6 week old baby boy (our first!) who will be 7 months old when we go to Disney. He's excited about meeting Pooh at Crystal Palace! (Okay, I'm excited for him, hehee.)

Here's a quick question for the parents out there - what time would you arrange dinner with a 7 month old baby? We were thinking around 6.30ish...?!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #917
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post

I'm in Australja so I'll have to make them online at 8pm tomorrow night, which is 6am Florida time. I think I'm all ready, but need to do some finalising today. So excited!

We have a 6 week old baby boy (our first!) who will be 7 months old when we go to Disney. He's excited about meeting Pooh at Crystal Palace! (Okay, I'm excited for him, hehee.)

Here's a quick question for the parents out there - what time would you arrange dinner with a 7 month old baby? We were thinking around 6.30ish...?!
That's really hard to say. For my kids 6:30 would have been way way way too late for dinner. At 7 months of age, my oldest was in bed for the night at 5:45. Nope. Not kidding - she slept 5:45 to 5:30 until she was 9 months old. My son was a little later going to bed but neither of my kids did well out in the evenings at that age. Maybe make lunch reservations and then eating counter service dinners? Maybe your son will be completely fine in the evenings but if you have evening meltdowns from him, you don't want to have to cancel all your dining plans.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #918
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I still have a few wks
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #919
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeettafic View Post
That's really hard to say. For my kids 6:30 would have been way way way too late for dinner. At 7 months of age, my oldest was in bed for the night at 5:45. Nope. Not kidding - she slept 5:45 to 5:30 until she was 9 months old. My son was a little later going to bed but neither of my kids did well out in the evenings at that age. Maybe make lunch reservations and then eating counter service dinners? Maybe your son will be completely fine in the evenings but if you have evening meltdowns from him, you don't want to have to cancel all your dining plans.
Ooh, thanks for the advice! We're only planning to do a couple of dinner reservations that we can't do at lunchtime - like Ohana, for example. I might try and make it earlier... But really, who knows what our little boy will be like by then!

It's tricky because we can't base our whole trip around what he *might* be like in 6 months time. If he's really unsettled we could always cancel our dinner, but at the moment I think I'm just going to go ahead and plan, and hope for the best.

(We're from Australia so this is a big trip for us to begin with! We're also going to New York, Los Angeles and on a 3 night Disney cruise too. Yep, we're crazy! But it's exciting.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #920
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow is my ADR day! Can't wait to book everything. Really want BOG since we didn't get it for our July trip. Fingers crossed!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #921
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Ooh, thanks for the advice! We're only planning to do a couple of dinner reservations that we can't do at lunchtime - like Ohana, for example. I might try and make it earlier... But really, who knows what our little boy will be like by then!

It's tricky because we can't base our whole trip around what he *might* be like in 6 months time. If he's really unsettled we could always cancel our dinner, but at the moment I think I'm just going to go ahead and plan, and hope for the best.

(We're from Australia so this is a big trip for us to begin with! We're also going to New York, Los Angeles and on a 3 night Disney cruise too. Yep, we're crazy! But it's exciting.)
Like skeettaffic said, it depends on you and your child. Normal "dinner time" for our kids at 6 months was around 6:30. However, I'm of the mind that you feed the kid when they're hungry. If it helps here is my story:

Not 6 months old, but at 18 months, we took our youngest, Quinn. Our first day in the parks started off at MK and then we were hopping over to Epcot for dinner at Tokyo Dining. We always let our kids eat when they are hngry (unless, of course, the reservations are within the hour....they can wait for that). But since Quinn wasn't on the dining plan, we weren't worried about it anyway because he would just eat off our plates. He ate around 4pm and we had 6pm reservations. He fell asleep on the way over and we left him asleep in the stroller next to the table for the majority of our meal. He woke up just in time for dessert. Even with all the noise and everything, he slept.

You'll be fine....no worries. Oh, and if you need to "cancel" just call Disney Dining while you're down there and they may be able to get you a reservation for a different time or even within the next couple of days. We did that once on our last trip. I forget where we were supposed to eat, but we just didn't want to sit down for dinner (we got caught up on the rides). I called about three hours before our reservation and then ended up making reservations for another restaurant for later in our trip.

I hope all this helps. And that you get all your ADRs!!!! I make mine Saturday morning.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #922
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Today is my ADR day! Can't wait to book everything. Calling at 7:00 am.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #923
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Our arrival day is going to be Nov 17...am i right that our ADR day will be May 21??? Someone tell me if I am wrong!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #924
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Like skeettaffic said, it depends on you and your child. Normal "dinner time" for our kids at 6 months was around 6:30. However, I'm of the mind that you feed the kid when they're hungry. If it helps here is my story:

Not 6 months old, but at 18 months, we took our youngest, Quinn. Our first day in the parks started off at MK and then we were hopping over to Epcot for dinner at Tokyo Dining. We always let our kids eat when they are hngry (unless, of course, the reservations are within the hour....they can wait for that). But since Quinn wasn't on the dining plan, we weren't worried about it anyway because he would just eat off our plates. He ate around 4pm and we had 6pm reservations. He fell asleep on the way over and we left him asleep in the stroller next to the table for the majority of our meal. He woke up just in time for dessert. Even with all the noise and everything, he slept.

You'll be fine....no worries. Oh, and if you need to "cancel" just call Disney Dining while you're down there and they may be able to get you a reservation for a different time or even within the next couple of days. We did that once on our last trip. I forget where we were supposed to eat, but we just didn't want to sit down for dinner (we got caught up on the rides). I called about three hours before our reservation and then ended up making reservations for another restaurant for later in our trip.

I hope all this helps. And that you get all your ADRs!!!! I make mine Saturday morning.
Thanks so much for the advice!

It will really be a case of "wait and see" for us, I think. We'll go ahead and make the reservations tomorrow and as you said, if we need to cancel them or change them while we're there, we will. Our bubba will only be 7 months so he'll be eating his own baby food anyway.

Good luck with your ADRs everybody!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #925
lindap1
DIS Veteran

My ADR date is coming up soon....May 14 and I'm still trying to figure out meals I am not trying for BOG because the menu does not look appetizing enough for my 6 year old dd....she is a VERY picky eater
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #926
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Our arrival day is going to be Nov 17...am i right that our ADR day will be May 21??? Someone tell me if I am wrong!
Yes! That is the day you can make them
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #927
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Here is the website link : http://pscalculator.net/
Old 05-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #928
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

I make mine Saturday morning.
Next Tuesday for me just around the corner but seems soooooooo far away.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #929
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

Next Tuesday for me just around the corner but seems soooooooo far away.
Anyone going for Thanksgiving? If so, where do you plan on having dinner?

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #930
GoofyCdn
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is my ADR day! Yay, seems like it took forever for this day to come. Now the next 180 will take forever too!

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: