Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #886
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smsldy View Post
Thank you to those that replied to my Travel Agent question. I think I'll continue to just plan things as I go. Although, a good Travel Agent could probably walk me through the process and get me set up much quicker than I can do it myself... but I like the ability to make changes myself and not have to contact a TA everytime I change my mind about something

So, since we are all going during MVMCP... who's going? I'm wondering how late everyone with kids normally stay. My kids will be 5 and 8. They won't want to leave early... and neither will I.
We are using a mouse counselor on the advice of one of my friends. She's great and it isn't costing us anything but with the advice of everyone here, I really could have managed without it. The one nice thing is that when its time to make my ADR's, she'll be the one on the computer or phone at 6am!

We're going to MVMCP and my kids will also be 5 and 8! Our plan is to take a break that afternoon and not plan rope drop the next morning. It's early in the week that we're going so I'm hoping they won't be too wiped out! We may not make it through the whole party so we'll just do what we can.

It only took one trip (November 2013) to turn us into Disney addicts!!!! Can't wait to go back!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #887
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeettafic View Post
We're going to MVMCP and my kids will also be 5 and 8! Our plan is to take a break that afternoon and not plan rope drop the next morning. It's early in the week that we're going so I'm hoping they won't be too wiped out! We may not make it through the whole party so we'll just do what we can.
Hi Skeettafic! It looks like you are arriving one day before we are. I haven't decided which night to go to MVMCP yet, but I was leaning on Thursday or Friday. We will do MK on our first day, Monday, so I don't think doing MVMCP that night would be a wise decision.
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #888
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Thank you to those that replied to my Travel Agent question. I think I'll continue to just plan things as I go. Although, a good Travel Agent could probably walk me through the process and get me set up much quicker than I can do it myself... but I like the ability to make changes myself and not have to contact a TA everytime I change my mind about something

So, since we are all going during MVMCP... who's going? I'm wondering how late everyone with kids normally stay. My kids will be 5 and 8. They won't want to leave early... and neither will I.
We went to the MVMCP for the first time last year. We spent the early part of the day at our resort heading to MK at around 3:15pm, when we arrived they were calling anyone with party tickets over to where there was a line of CM's who then placed a party bracelet on our wrists and we enter MK shortly before 4pm.

We had a dinner ADR for BOG for 4:15pm. After eating we watched the Castle Dream lights come on and walked around the Party until it was time to go to the Dessert Party @ 8pm . We watched the second Parade and left after that to beat the crowds leaving plus we were tired by then.

Unless your kids are use to being up late I think they may be tired and ready to go before Midnight. My thought try to leave a bit earlier to beat the crowds and having to stand in long lines for the bus, possibly stand on the bus with tired and cranky kids.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #889
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

We've done MVMCP 3x and always stay for the whole thing. We do the later parade and do rides and characters up until then. For the amount of $ you pay for the tickets, i would stay as long as possible. We won't be doing it this year but it is a lot of fun!
Anyone else using the DVC Premium APs that were sold last year? That is what we are using. We got to upgrade our APs last year to them so we spent a lot of time at Disney Quest which my kids absolutely loved! I'm sure we will be there a lot this year too. Another great reason to be at SSR. We love being near DTD and always request Congress Park so we can walk over!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #890
wayneJR
Earning My Ears

we got our dates

15/11/13-22/11/13 por
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #891
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

called WDW with some questions this AM. As of right now the late Oct/early Nov price for CRT for breakfast is $53.29 adults, $34.64 child 3 and up. If child is under 3 and you want them to have their own plate/breakfast you have to pay regardless of age. Also said that since my date Nov 5th isnt booking yet, there is a chance price could go down. (not holding my breath). CRT is a full prepay and not just $10pp.

MVMCP is (obviously) not booking yet and she didnt have a set date. She said to call back at the end of May. That last year it was $50 something but could go up to $60 something on weekends.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #892
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Anyone else staying at OKW from 11-12 thru 11-19? Have they released the dates for MVMCP yet?
sheh378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #893
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post
Have they released the dates for MVMCP yet?
I read that you can look at the WDW Operating Hours schedule (it isn't official yet, but it is online due to the Travel Agents getting it early) and assume that the MVMCP would be on the nights that MK closes at 7pm (instead of 9pm.)
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #894
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I rented the points I think it is a deluxe studio near the hospitality house. How long are you staying for?
We are staying for 9 nights (the 31st through the 9th). We didn't rent points; I have a friend that was able to get us a great rate.

Quote:
FigmentChick, I see that this morning is your ADR time. Good luck!!!
Nope...not yet! My day is Saturday morning. And we have an exciting weekend: Iron Man 3 on Friday night, ADRs Saturday morning, Free Comic Book Day all day Saturday and then the Jr. Maccabi games on Sunday for my DS11.

Can't wait!!! I'm only making 3 ADRs but it's still exciting and nerve-racking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneJR View Post
15/11/13-22/11/13 por
Whoo-hoo!!!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #895
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
MVMCP is (obviously) not booking yet and she didnt have a set date. She said to call back at the end of May. That last year it was $50 something but could go up to $60 something on weekends.
The dates for MVMCP became official today and seems they will be selling tickets starting tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #896
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The dates for MVMCP became official today and seems they will be selling tickets starting tomorrow.
Where did you see the dates, I looked online but only seen 2012.
sheh378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #897
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

Still trying to decide on a dinner ADR, thinking in Epcot. What are your favorites? Maybe Via Nappoli, curious about Beirgarten?

Our favorite way to escape the crowds at MK at closing time is to get ice cream from The Plaza and sit with our delicious sundaes and people watch until the park clears out. You can take your time down Main Street and the stores even stay open for a while after "closing". We usually get to the buses with little or no wait!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #898
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Where did you see the dates, I looked online but only seen 2012.
I found them over at touringplans, but I'm sure it's posted here in a thread somewhere too... I'm not too familiar with this forum yet.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #899
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

We ordered tickets online for MVMCP this morning. The kids are going to be so excited (I'm excited!)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #900
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

I called in at 8AM EST and got my tickets for Nov 8th this morning. So excited!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: