Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #871
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Thank you, FigmentChick!!!

I tried to reply to your PM but I need ten posts before I can do that too... so hopefully within the next week or two I can rack up some more post numbers
Smsldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #872
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smsldy View Post
Thank you, FigmentChick!!!

I tried to reply to your PM but I need ten posts before I can do that too... so hopefully within the next week or two I can rack up some more post numbers
oh, s***w that!!! LOL Just make posts here....it's ok. Use each post to ask a question you'd like to know the answer to. For example, ask if we like Coral Reef. On another maybe who likes to attend EMHs and who stays away and why. Let's get your posts up there!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #873
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

I do have another question on my mind...

I see a lot of advertising from Disney affiliated Travel Agents... some of which offer incentives to sign up with them. Are there any major advantages to using a Travel Agent or do most people just plan and manage their reservations themselves?
Smsldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #874
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I see a lot of advertising from Disney affiliated Travel Agents... some of which offer incentives to sign up with them. Are there any major advantages to using a Travel Agent or do most people just plan and manage their reservations themselves?
Personally, I manage everything myself. But that's because I have OCD and I'm a control freak.

No. Seriously.

I believe there are benefits to having a TA (travel agent), but I just don't see it for me and my family. If I were going to need free dining or a room discount, I could keep an eye out as well as any travel agent and call Disney to adjust my package. I get up bright and early anyway, so I don't need someone to help me with dining reservations. And I did all the research myself, so I didn't need someone to help me with where I should go when.

But as I said, it works for my family. Others may have great experiences with TAs and that's why they choose that route.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #875
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

I have used a TA rarely in the past, twice to be exact but I am booked this year thru a TA. November Jersey week sees no room discounts historically and FD may or may not be an option but I was able to go thru a TA and book an agency exclusive for my trip at a very good rate at the Poly and also get my park tickets at a discount so sometimes there can be an advantage to using a TA.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #876
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if Belle and the Beast are anywhere in the parks to meet? I know Be Our Guest isn't character and to be honest the menu is not appetizing enough for our 6 year old dd, so was just wondering if their anywhere?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #877
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Can't wait my husband and i and our 2 girls are going Nov 12-19! We are staying in a studio at OKW I think I am more excited then the kids!
sheh378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #878
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Anyone know if Belle and the Beast are anywhere in the parks to meet? I know Be Our Guest isn't character and to be honest the menu is not appetizing enough for our 6 year old dd, so was just wondering if their anywhere?
Yes...Belle can be found in the France pavilion. Beast usually comes out and poses with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheh378 View Post
Can't wait my husband and i and our 2 girls are going Nov 12-19! We are staying in a studio at OKW I think I am more excited then the kids!
Awesome!!! I'm staying at OKW, too, but I leave on the 9th. Are you a DVC member or, like me, is it just a deluxe you decided to book?

Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #879
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread and hoping to join in. My family-me, DH, DS15 and DS9 are heading to our happy place for Thanksgiving this year again! My oldest starts High School this year so trying to limit the number of days we miss of school. We will be staying in a one bedroom at SSR. We don't do the dining plan and am only planning a few ADRs. The only one I know for sure now is O'Hana for breakfast. Need some input on at least 1 dinner, anyone done Beirgarten?
We actually have another family heading down with us, getting really excited! Looking forward to planning along with everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #880
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Just found this thread and hoping to join in. My family-me, DH, DS15 and DS9 are heading to our happy place for Thanksgiving this year again! My oldest starts High School this year so trying to limit the number of days we miss of school. We will be staying in a one bedroom at SSR. We don't do the dining plan and am only planning a few ADRs. The only one I know for sure now is O'Hana for breakfast. Need some input on at least 1 dinner, anyone done Beirgarten?
We actually have another family heading down with us, getting really excited! Looking forward to planning along with everyone!
Hi, cyndi!!!

My daughter also starts high school this year. And we're limiting the days out of school by going when the NJEA convention happens.

We're also not doing the dining plan and only having three ADRs. We're doing O'hana, but for dinner, lunch at Tusker House and dinner at Coral Reef (for the daughter going to high school who turns 14 at the end of our vacation).

If you want to join the FB group, send me a PM with your email address or your name, location and profile pic.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #881
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
There's Enchanted Tales with Belle, and a lot of kids get a part in play-acting a scene from the movie. Even if your child doesn't get picked, they give all the other kids a non-speaking role (e.g. footstool), and they all get pictures at the end with Belle. No Beast though.
My DS6 got picked to be Beast last year. I think it was because it was shortly after we went to get his Pirate's League appointment, and he looked "scary".

Quote:

It depends, some TA's can find you a better package if you're looking for an package type deal. I never use one for my parks vacations because we're DVC so never do packages, just OOP for meals and tickets from Undercover Tourist.
We do use a TA for our cruises, because for that they'll give you money back from what Disney Cruise Line gives them for booking through a TA. Your cruise costs the same amount + you get money to spend on board in the form of an on-board credit (or if you go through Costco, a cash card).
Personally I do like the service of our TA, Mary at Small World Vacations, and might think about using her services if we ever go to DisneyWorld non-DVC style.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #882
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
Yes...Belle can be found in the France pavilion. Beast usually comes out and poses with her.

Awesome!!! I'm staying at OKW, too, but I leave on the 9th. Are you a DVC member or, like me, is it just a deluxe you decided to book?
I rented the points I think it is a deluxe studio near the hospitality house. How long are you staying for?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 AM   #883
sheh378
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post

That's great I rented the points, I think it is a deluxe studio near the hospitality house! How long are you staying for?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #884
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

Thank you to those that replied to my Travel Agent question. I think I'll continue to just plan things as I go. Although, a good Travel Agent could probably walk me through the process and get me set up much quicker than I can do it myself... but I like the ability to make changes myself and not have to contact a TA everytime I change my mind about something

So, since we are all going during MVMCP... who's going? I'm wondering how late everyone with kids normally stay. My kids will be 5 and 8. They won't want to leave early... and neither will I.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #885
Smsldy
Earning My Ears

FigmentChick, I see that this morning is your ADR time. Good luck!!!

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: