Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #766
JDSNY10
Earning My Ears
 
JDSNY10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 67

Question for the November Crew:

Our family booked our flights last week but didnt book our hotel stay yet (disney Property... of couse) Did anyone book thier hotel stay or are you waiting for a discount/code to come out before you book? Im asking because i am wondering what will happen if I book now and if a discount/code comes out, if I will be able to switch it?

TIA! Jay
JDSNY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #767
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSNY10 View Post
Question for the November Crew:

Our family booked our flights last week but didnt book our hotel stay yet (disney Property... of couse) Did anyone book thier hotel stay or are you waiting for a discount/code to come out before you book? Im asking because i am wondering what will happen if I book now and if a discount/code comes out, if I will be able to switch it?

TIA! Jay
If or when FD or RO discounts come out you can apply it to your current reservation if your booked room catagory and resort are included in the promo, if not your might have change Resorts or type of room
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #768
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy
 
figmentswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The land of Imagination
Posts: 1,866

I would just get them Disney gift cards, sounds like the easiest plan
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #769
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran
 
OneBadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,179

Hi all,
It is not quite official for us, but it almost a definite we are going for Thanksgiving. Our plans are to check in on 11/23 and leave on 11/30. We wanted to stay at AoA but all the standard rooms are booked. This trip will include my family (me, DH, DD17 and DS15), my parents, and my sister's family (DSis, DBIL, DNi8 and DNe6). My sister (who is a teacher) cannot check in until the 26th and will be staying until 12/1.

I was not planning on going again until 2014 at the earliest because I so want to see the new 7 dwarf mine train.

Once I get a chance I will read through the thread.

Any suggestions on places to try to get ADRs for Thanksgiving day. I plan on avoiding MK that day.

Happy planning!!!
__________________
Lauren
11/06 (Thanksgiving) - FW; 11/07 - CBR; 12/08 - CBR; 07/10 - CSR; 07/11 - POFQ; 08/12 - CBR;
11/13 (Thanksgving) - POR;
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #770
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran
 
FigmentChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,920

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
Hi all,
It is not quite official for us, but it almost a definite we are going for Thanksgiving. Our plans are to check in on 11/23 and leave on 11/30. We wanted to stay at AoA but all the standard rooms are booked. This trip will include my family (me, DH, DD17 and DS15), my parents, and my sister's family (DSis, DBIL, DNi8 and DNe6). My sister (who is a teacher) cannot check in until the 26th and will be staying until 12/1.

I was not planning on going again until 2014 at the earliest because I so want to see the new 7 dwarf mine train.

Once I get a chance I will read through the thread.

Any suggestions on places to try to get ADRs for Thanksgiving day. I plan on avoiding MK that day.

Happy planning!!!
I'll you you to the first post as soon as you nail everything down!!!
__________________


Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #771
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran
 
AussieAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,287

Yay, so excited to find this thread!

DH, our 7 month old son and I are heading to WDW on 30th October, staying until November 7th! We're staying at the Beach Club Villas and then heading off on a Disney Dream Bahamas cruise after that. Squee!

This will be our first trip with a baby, and of course our baby's first trip to Disney... Can't wait!

I'm so ready to start planning properly... Come on November hours!
__________________
November 2013 - Beach Club, 8 nights & Dream Bahamas Cruise
January 2009 - Wilderness Lodge, 12 nights
September 2006 - Pop Century, 7 nights
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #772
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Yay, so excited to find this thread!

DH, our 7 month old son and I are heading to WDW on 30th October, staying until November 7th! We're staying at the Beach Club Villas and then heading off on a Disney Dream Bahamas cruise after that. Squee!

This will be our first trip with a baby, and of course our baby's first trip to Disney... Can't wait!

I'm so ready to start planning properly... Come on November hours!
Welcome and congrats! He is going to love it!!!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #773
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
 
Jrabbit910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: second star to the right!
Posts: 3,334

HEY ALL!!!! super excited to join the November planners!!! Hip hip hooray!

Our family will be going November 17-23. No set plans for hotel but it looks like we are leaning towards AoA. We stayed here last year in the cars suite and really liked it! This year we will change up the theme to either nemo or lion king unless of course a discount comes out for a deluxe...

Happy planning all! Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans
__________________
The happiest place on earth is wherever my children are.

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #774
Penitentmama
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penitentmama View Post

First, haven't booked flight yet, but the one we plan on supposedly arrives at 5:15pm. If we're taking magical express, what time would we expect to arrive at WL? Anyone have an inkling of how long checkin might take at that time? Trying to figure out what our evening will look like... Hoping we can head to DTD to get autograph book and ears for our 6 year old daughter and find something quick to eat for dinner - don't want to even try to make reservations somewhere in case we're delayed.
Thanks for all of your input so far - I feel better about ADRs now!

Does anyone have any ideas about our arrival time based on info quoted above? Also, how long does the bus take to get to DTD? Thanks for sharing your insight!
__________________
Penitentmama, Penitentman and a Cutie Pie

Penitentmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #775
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer
 
lobsterkmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Conway, NH
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
HEY ALL!!!! super excited to join the November planners!!! Hip hip hooray!

Our family will be going November 17-23. No set plans for hotel but it looks like we are leaning towards AoA. We stayed here last year in the cars suite and really liked it! This year we will change up the theme to either nemo or lion king unless of course a discount comes out for a deluxe...

Happy planning all! Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans
Welcome! We will also be traveling Nov 17-23rd, flying in very early on the 17th and staying at BCV.
__________________
Maine-iacs. Steve, Kristin, Sophia and baby Lucy
lobsterkmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #776
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!
 
Jrabbit910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: second star to the right!
Posts: 3,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post

Welcome! We will also be traveling Nov 17-23rd, flying in very early on the 17th and staying at BCV.
Awesome!!! I love the beach club!! Beaches and cream is a favorite. If a discount comes out we were thinking about going back there or the boardwalk. Where r u flying out from?
__________________
The happiest place on earth is wherever my children are.

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #777
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy
 
figmentswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The land of Imagination
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penitentmama View Post

Thanks for all of your input so far - I feel better about ADRs now!

Does anyone have any ideas about our arrival time based on info quoted above? Also, how long does the bus take to get to DTD? Thanks for sharing your insight!
From WL about 10 minutes. Also what day of the week are you arriving. I would not recommend going to DTD at night on the weekends. Very crowded.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #778
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy
 
figmentswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The land of Imagination
Posts: 1,866

That should have said 20 minutes
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #779
ObscureAllure
Wannabe Imagineer
 
ObscureAllure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOLA
Posts: 34

Add us to the list! We're crazy enough to be arriving on Thanksgiving (Although our package doesn't start until the day after, 29th) and leaving on Dec 7! Decided to throw in two days at that other unnamed park :whistle: (daughter is an HP fan), but the rest will be at old faithful Mickey. It's been three years so I am BEYOND ready!
__________________
ObscureAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #780
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy
 
figmentswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The land of Imagination
Posts: 1,866

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureAllure View Post
Add us to the list! We're crazy enough to be arriving on Thanksgiving (Although our package doesn't start until the day after, 29th) and leaving on Dec 7! Decided to throw in two days at that other unnamed park :whistle: (daughter is an HP fan), but the rest will be at old faithful Mickey. It's been three years so I am BEYOND ready!
I am going tell Mickey!!!
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: