Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #511
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
That's ok. The March Madness Tournament is on my birthday and my hubby posted on the wrestling FB page to bring me Disney gift cards as presents. I told him he was too much!!!
When is your birthday? March Madness falls around mine every year and I love it when my bday is on a weekend so I have extra celebration. Mine is March 18. Are you a fellow Piscean???

lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #512
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clebeouf View Post
We are going in November 20 to 27 at AKV. So excited !!! its our first time renting DVC points and can't wait for the triP!!!
Awesome!! We definitely want to stay there one day with DVC points.

Glad I read this thread again, forgot I was going to have the girls ask for Disney gift cards for their bdays. DOH! Guess I will save one of their gifts for Easter and get them the cards myself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #513
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Yay 269 days.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #514
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Oh! 268 for us!
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #515
sillylily
DIS Veteran

254 for us! I'm ready to get this show on the road! I put the ride music from Soarin' on continuous play while I ran this morning, and smiled the whole time. I just can't wait to get back!

sillylily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #516
eyor44
DIS Veteran

We are going November 23-30. Not sure where we are staying yet.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #517
lazer
Mouseketeer

@lindap we are the same, our zoo in St. Louis is amazing, so we don't spend a lot of time at AK. And, my little guy and husband hated the lion king show. I do think the safari is neat, but that's about it for us...just my opinion.
lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #518
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

Subbing - because for some reason I forgot to

And I sent a pm to be added to the FB group.

How many are running the 1/2 on the 10th? I was supposed to run 2 halfs this summer with a friend of mine but I broke my foot so I've been laid up the last 5 weeks. I know I won't be able to run the June one we had planned, maybe August but I thought November might work well so I would have all summer to train. Are there any discounts if you run the race?

I think I have most of our ADR's figured out, roughly anyway. My kids are weird - they don't want to do any character meals! So no Chef Mickey or Tusker House for us. I told them they are eating at CRT and they're going to be happy about it! Other than that, I'm thinking T-Rex, Via Napoli, 50s Prime Time Cafe and 'Ohana for our table service meals.

Just waiting for the MVMCP dates to be official so we can figure times and stuff out!

It only took one trip (November 2013) to turn us into Disney addicts!!!! Can't wait to go back!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #519
skeettafic
Mouseketeer

still forgot to sub!

It only took one trip (November 2013) to turn us into Disney addicts!!!! Can't wait to go back!
skeettafic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM   #520
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Yeah, my hubby didn't like it either, but my daughter (who was 4 at the time we went) absolutely loved it!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #521
lindap1
DIS Veteran

my daughter really wants to stay at AoA,BUT Finding Nemo is a way to expensive Why is a "value" resort sooooo much???
Old 03-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #522
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
my daughter really wants to stay at AoA,BUT Finding Nemo is a way to expensive Why is a "value" resort sooooo much???
A) Because its new, and well built so there is high demand which means they can command high prices.
B) Because the rooms are larger, so the idea is you can put more people in a 1 bedroom suite, which is cheaper than getting 2 rooms at a moderate.

Disney is responding to demand from larger families who want to stay in rooms together ... personally I think if you're a larger family or group you should just go DVC, renting if a purchase of a contract isn't for you (and for many, it isn't). Or if renting DVC is too expensive, then there are some great off-site condos, too.

But I hear ya. Despite the fact that I adore Bay Lake Tower and the Epcot resorts, I would love to stay in AOA a night or two on either end of our trip (and we Nemo, too), but its just too darn expensive.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #523
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I know it is expensive, but ...

We stayed at AoA for four nights in JAn in the Lion King section and just loved it! We got a rate of $200/night. We normally use our DVC points but ran out since we did a Dream cruise with them, too. And I really wanted to try this. It is the "mini-DVC" of Disney. Absolutely loved the theming...the extra room was great...the 2nd bathroom was a big help...we ate breakfast at the table, which is also a Murphy bed, then my girls each had their own bed at night. Pool is awesome...playgrounds fun. Best was that DH and I had a door between our rooms so we didn't have to go to bed early when kids did.

I highly recommend it, even if you can only do for a split stay. We found ourselves coming back from the parks early to enjoy the resort.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #524
dreamcatcherkwe
Mouseketeer

We booked our tickets! SO EXCITING!!! Nov 4-9 :D :D :D
dreamcatcherkwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #525
Conway733
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm new to this thread. We're planning a trip for Nov 2 - 9th. Didn't realize that was the marathon weekend, but I guess the crowds for that won't bother us too much...I'm hoping everyone arrives for that on the 8th, or something. Wishful thinking! We are renting a vacation home in Indian Creek. We want some space this time!

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: