Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #436
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorcpa View Post
I just now saw this thread! We are going November 16-23 and have booked a townhouse at Windsor Hills! I can't wait to catch up on the thread!
Welcome!

and mklovesdisney, welcome aboard as well!!! Your name seems familiar, so we must have commented together a couple of times. Where are you staying?

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #437
yankeesmom21
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the new posters!!! We are an excited bunch
yankeesmom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #438
mklovesdisney
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=FigmentChick;47447558]Welcome!

and mklovesdisney, welcome aboard as well!!! Your name seems familiar, so we must have commented together a couple of times. Where are you staying?[/

Thank you for the warm welcome! I belonged to the November 2012 FB page when I was supposed to go last year, maybe you were on that as well. And I have been on here a few times, we are staying at the Polynesian. It will be just my DH and DS who will be 18 this time and DD who will turn 6 on the trip if we do stick with week prior to Thanksgiving instead of week after... This past January we went out with my sister and mother as well.
mklovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #439
WiLd1
Earning My Ears

Ok, so for the vets out there, I have a question. I know they do pin trading in the parks. Is Ebay a good place to buy a lot of pins, that I don't really care about, so my girls will have some to trade? Has anyone done this before? I'm just trying to figure out what the best way is.

September 2014 -- Taking Hubby and Kids for the first time!

WiLd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #440
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the warm welcome Pokanos! Your little mini review of POFQ actually made me squeak resulting in a very confused 3 year old and a raised eyebrow from DH!! Hahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
Now that your dd is old enough, I highly recommend Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
When I was over in March with DD and my mum, although she was only just almost 2 1/2 at the time, we were approached by a FGIT when we were standing watching all the little girls getting their makeovers and she asked us if DD would like a makeover. We explained she was under 3 but they said it would be ok, I was so tempted but as we had just bought her 4 princess dresses between us we decided against it and took her to get her face painted and she wore her new Tinkerbell dress for the rest of the day and we thought nothing of it. As we went to walk back to our room at Saratoga Springs she started crying and when asked what was wrong she said 'Why are we not go to the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'?' We told her she was too little but everyday since then she asks me, 'Mummy, am I a big girl now? Can I go to be Belle at the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'!!!' Hahaha! I am so looking forward to seeing her have this experience, I think there may even be a few (hundred) tears from me! All I need to do is get her to pronounce it properly but as she has been saying 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique' everyday for so long now it seems habits are hard to break! :D

I saw someone mention a FB page, is there anyway I could join that at all? Or is it just a page I need to 'like'?

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #441
Saralew
Earning My Ears

My DD will b 2 yrs. 11 months when we are at disney - r they strict on the age for the boutique?
Saralew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #442
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLd1 View Post
Ok, so for the vets out there, I have a question. I know they do pin trading in the parks. Is Ebay a good place to buy a lot of pins, that I don't really care about, so my girls will have some to trade? Has anyone done this before? I'm just trying to figure out what the best way is.
I've bought pins twice from ebay in the past..and never had any "knockoffs" but know some people have...just check the sellers ratings to make sure people are happy with the pins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblackstars View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome Pokanos! Your little mini review of POFQ actually made me squeak resulting in a very confused 3 year old and a raised eyebrow from DH!! Hahahaha!

When I was over in March with DD and my mum, although she was only just almost 2 1/2 at the time, we were approached by a FGIT when we were standing watching all the little girls getting their makeovers and she asked us if DD would like a makeover. We explained she was under 3 but they said it would be ok, I was so tempted but as we had just bought her 4 princess dresses between us we decided against it and took her to get her face painted and she wore her new Tinkerbell dress for the rest of the day and we thought nothing of it. As we went to walk back to our room at Saratoga Springs she started crying and when asked what was wrong she said 'Why are we not go to the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'?' We told her she was too little but everyday since then she asks me, 'Mummy, am I a big girl now? Can I go to be Belle at the 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique'!!!' Hahaha! I am so looking forward to seeing her have this experience, I think there may even be a few (hundred) tears from me! All I need to do is get her to pronounce it properly but as she has been saying 'Bimmbidy Bummbidy Boutique' everyday for so long now it seems habits are hard to break! :D

I saw someone mention a FB page, is there anyway I could join that at all? Or is it just a page I need to 'like'?
she will have so much fun at BBB! love how she says it! so cute! yes you will cry, its such a neat experience! my DD did it twice and really felt like a true princess! we brought her dresses from home so just had her hair/make-up and nails done! we were able to keep her hair done for a couple days...she had the package with the hair piece and I wound it around her bun at night with extra bobbie pins and then touched it up the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralew View Post
My DD will b 2 yrs. 11 months when we are at disney - r they strict on the age for the boutique?
not really....she's close enough IMO...it does that awhile to get it done, so if she's able to sit very still she should be fine! there is so much going on in the salon all the girls are just sitting there in awe!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #443
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Private message Becky, figmentswife, with your FB name. She will friend request you and add you to the group.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #444
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I forgot to mention that the website portorleans.org has wonderful info and pics of POFQ.

You can message FigmentChick and she will send you a friend request and add you to the group. I think that how your dd says BBB is cute and would be in no hurry to change it, they grow up so fast! We still call "pillow fights~fillow pights" because of how dd said it when she was little!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #445
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLd1 View Post
I have bought them on eBay. I agree that you should check the ratings on the seller. My older two love pin trading and always look foward to that part of our trip. My daughter was so upset last year when she lost a couple (the backs were loose).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
I forgot to mention that the website portorleans.org has wonderful info and pics of POFQ.

You can message FigmentChick and she will send you a friend request and add you to the group. I think that how your dd says BBB is cute and would be in no hurry to change it, they grow up so fast! We still call "pillow fights~fillow pights" because of how dd said it when she was little!
portorleans.org is wonderful!!! Andre is amazing and his site is filled with lots of great information. Also, check out the Resorts section because there is a POR/POFQ thread. I'm also part of that one.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #446
belias21
DIS Dad's Club Member #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick
I have bought them on eBay. I agree that you should check the ratings on the seller. My older two love pin trading and always look foward to that part of our trip. My daughter was so upset last year when she lost a couple (the backs were loose).
Incidentally, there are also some folks on eBay who sell sturdy backs for the pins. We bought a couple dozen and replaced all the cheap black Mickey ones. They're very secure! I'll have to see if I can find that seller's info again.

belias21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #447
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belias21 View Post
Incidentally, there are also some folks on eBay who sell sturdy backs for the pins. We bought a couple dozen and replaced all the cheap black Mickey ones. They're very secure! I'll have to see if I can find that seller's info again.
That would be awesome, thank you!! You know, I always think "this will be the year the backs won't fall off" and never look for those special backs. This year, I'll make the purchase so the kids' pins are protected.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #448
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesmom21 View Post
Welcome to the new posters!!! We are an excited bunch
Thank you It's been quite a while since we have done a family WDW November trip!! We usually do Summer, so I am looking forward to NOT melting. We are there for Jersey Week It's Myself, DH, DS12, DD9, DD7,DD6 and my baby boy will be 5 on Oct. 1st

CAN'T WAIT!!!

BTW...we should totally plan some DISmeets!!!!I'm not on FB but I will keep up as best as I can!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #449
taylorcpa
Mouseketeer

I am SOO READY for park hours to be released!!! I want to start planning my days!
taylorcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #450
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I'll second that!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: