Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #2701
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
66 days OMG ! I cant believe I have kept the secret for so long. No one in the family knows! Going to surprise Wifey this week. She lost her Dad a few moths back to Pancreatic cancer and they were very very close. I had a rough time planning all this during his illness and wasnt sure if I should keep it up. Now I am glad I did, it will be exactly what she needs.... Planning the big reveal to her now...kids do not find out till night we leave!
That is so awesome! I don't remember that you mentioned this was a surprise before...what a great one it is! And you are right it is probably just what she will need. Let us know how the reveal goes!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #2702
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
66 days OMG ! I cant believe I have kept the secret for so long. No one in the family knows! Going to surprise Wifey this week. She lost her Dad a few moths back to Pancreatic cancer and they were very very close. I had a rough time planning all this during his illness and wasnt sure if I should keep it up. Now I am glad I did, it will be exactly what she needs.... Planning the big reveal to her now...kids do not find out till night we leave!
I am sorry for your family's loss. You are a wonderful husband to plan the great surprise for your family.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #2703
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
That is very sweet. In this really weird way Disney planning kept me sane when my mom died. I bet she will love getting to surprise the kids with you.

Yeah that is pretty much how I feel. I don't really care if they have a problem with me, I just don't want the kids to have to deal with any problems (which so far no one has) If any of the kids struggle with learning I will re-evaluate and maybe not pull them, but so far so good

Yesterday my daughter told me the chorus goes to Disney every other year, so April 2015. Um, I need to chaperone!!
There is something healing about WDW I think, I am not sure exactly what it is. I am hoping to help get things back to "normal" a bit with this trip. Its been a hard road since his diagnosis is April.

I'll detail the plan to you all when I have a bit more feel time!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #2704
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

MamaJessie,

I agree...if the kids start to struggle, then I definitely wouldn't pull them out. But, so far, we've never had any problems.

And I say: beg to be a chaperone for the chorus!!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #2705
drujaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I agree...if the kids start to struggle, then I definitely wouldn't pull them out. But, so far, we've never had any problems. !
We're the same way. We usually take our bigger vacations twice a year. Once just after the kids get out of school at the end of May/first week of June. Its a good time as most kids are still in school for another two weeks.

The second one is usually around October/November timeframe where we usually take the kids out and so far its worked out very well. This year, we chose the November dates around Veteran's day in the hopes that outside of the actual long weekend, it would be slow. Also, my son has the 12th off as well for Parent/Teacher confs. so it works out even better as he will only be missing 6 days of school...

We're going from Wed, Nov 6th to Friday, Nov 15th.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #2706
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

[/QUITE]It actually does have a lot of room. Personally, I don't like cross-body bags and I may have to switch this one out for a newer model. lol No, seriously, I may sell this one and get another in it's place. But I used in on our trip to NYC to hold all my stuff: phone, wallet, subway maps, directions, ticket confirmations, etc. And it worked well. If you'd like, tomorrow I can take a shot of the interior and let you see the space (can't do it tonight as I am booked to dye Amy's hair scarlet for the first day of school tomorrow).[/QUOTE]

That would be great, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #2707
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! Seriously, though, my kids are great students and I've already had a chat with Amy's high school principal and I met Quinn's kindergarten teacher last night. The kindergarten teacher said that I have to bring her. I said, no problem. As for Amy, the good thing is the marking period ends on Nov 6th, which is 4 school days after we leave (which means it's the same for Kyle in middle school). I am just going to very nicely ask the teachers if Amy and Kyle can take any tests and finish up work the week & two days prior so that they won't have any work to make up when we get back (and rush because the MP is already over).

Whew....sorry about my long-windedness. But I'm glad the handbook works out for you.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. But I am sure your wife and children will not only be surprised, but really love that you did this for them.

It actually does have a lot of room. Personally, I don't like cross-body bags and I may have to switch this one out for a newer model. lol No, seriously, I may sell this one and get another in it's place. But I used in on our trip to NYC to hold all my stuff: phone, wallet, subway maps, directions, ticket confirmations, etc. And it worked well. If you'd like, tomorrow I can take a shot of the interior and let you see the space (can't do it tonight as I am booked to dye Amy's hair scarlet for the first day of school tomorrow).
That would be great thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #2708
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wow! What a surprise!! I'm so sorry for your family's loss but I bet she loves the surprise! I can't wait to see how it unfolds and her reaction. I'm surprising my DD6 (my middle daughter) with this trip.

Disneyworld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 1990 Off Property
Disneyworld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
Disney Land 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip Disney Land 2009 Day Trip
Disneyworld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
Disneyworld Nov 2013 Pop Century
Disney Land Aug 2014 Paradise Pier Disney Land Half Marathon!
rabbruzzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #2709
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! ...
OMG that is too funny!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #2710
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

we are at 55 days!

Holly Quinlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #2711
jlaalja
Mouseketeer

Originally Posted by FigmentChick I'm always nervous, too, but I take vacation when I can (around tax returns, audits and financials) and my theory is: they are my kids and the school district can suck it! ...

Had to laugh. I'm usually nervous about taking the kids out of school but my husband pretty much feels the same as you 😋
My son is a straight A student though so it's not an issue for him.
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]July 2008 Offsite - July 2009 Offsite - December/January 2010/2011 AKV (Kidani)/Offsite - July 2011 BCV - September 2011 SSR - December/January 2011/2012 Offsite - April 2012 SSR - June 2012 BLT - July/August 2012 DLR - September 2012 BWV - December/January 2012/2013 BCV/SSR - March/April 2013 OKW - August 2013 WL/POR - September 2013 BLT - November 2013 SSR - December/January 2013/2014 AKV (Kidani)/SSR - April 2014 VGF/BLT - June 2014 BLT - July 2014 CSR/BLT - August 2014 POR/VWL- September 2014 SSR - December/January 2014/2015 BWV/AKV

Joe Lisa Lynae (15) Jacob (12) Anthony (4)
jlaalja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #2712
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post

We're the same way. We usually take our bigger vacations twice a year. Once just after the kids get out of school at the end of May/first week of June. Its a good time as most kids are still in school for another two weeks.

The second one is usually around October/November timeframe where we usually take the kids out and so far its worked out very well. This year, we chose the November dates around Veteran's day in the hopes that outside of the actual long weekend, it would be slow. Also, my son has the 12th off as well for Parent/Teacher confs. so it works out even better as he will only be missing 6 days of school...

We're going from Wed, Nov 6th to Friday, Nov 15th.
See you there!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #2713
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

I can't believe September is here already! Before we know it, it will be Halloween, and then we will be on our way to Disney!!!

DD started Kindergarten today! Tomorrow we are signing her up for dance classes! I'm sure between school and dance classes we will be so busy & distracted that it's sure to make the time go even faster!!!

Hope everyone one else's little ones have a good first week of school!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #2714
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Ours it 7:35 pm I love the appetizers may just pay OOP and have appetizers and dessert, decisions decisions
Apps and dessert at Cali Grill are fabulous ... get the banana phyllo, its .
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #2715
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
I can't believe September is here already! Before we know it, it will be Halloween, and then we will be on our way to Disney!!!

DD started Kindergarten today! Tomorrow we are signing her up for dance classes! I'm sure between school and dance classes we will be so busy & distracted that it's sure to make the time go even faster!!!

Hope everyone one else's little ones have a good first week of school!
My DD just started kindergarten yesterday too! I know with school and activities, the time will just fly now.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: