Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #2641
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I understand about the unexpected expenses, but I'm so glad your Disney trip is still on. And congrats on your first grandbaby!!!

And only Disney people can relate to a nightmare about check-in! (but I've had that nightmare before, too)

As for the shoes, the second the get in, I'll post them (and since you all like purses, too, I'll post pics of my Dooney & Bourke bags.....hubby keeps me spoiled).
Thank you!! Yes unexpected large expenses stink, but we made it.

I would love to see your shoes and purses!!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #2642
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

FigmentChick, went you get a chance I sent you a pm

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #2643
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Hey guys! Was able to get a CG ADR for 11/29! Anyone else going that night?

I'm kinda upset though cause I only order the filet there and I Loved it the way it was when we went in November. After seeing the new menu, I'm not sure I'm going to like it!!! (VERY picky eater here!!!) Not sure if I should just give it a shot and go for the atmosphere or spend the money somewhere I know I'll definitely enjoy. So confused!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #2644
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

It must be catching- our sink messed up yesterday and DH had to go buy a new faucet! Thankfully it wasn't that expensive, and we did have a $30 Lowe's gift card from a rebate when we had to buy a new washer a few months back. Plus older DS got to use his new tools he got for his birthday to help install it. This all happened while I was at work, which was good because I would have been no help at all.
Pixie dust to everyone that nothing causes you any bedgetary setbacks for your WDW trips!

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #2645
barbara ann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
I think we're having problems because the whole street uses Internet at the same time. No....I'm serious. With Comcast, you are sharing your bandwidth with everyone in your neighborhood. Unfortunately, because I live in rural, rural South Jersey, Comcast is all I can get. No Verizon FIOS for us.

But....I had a decent conversation with the Comcast rep last night. Really sweet and he said he'd see what he can do to up my bandwidth. So....we'll see. And I've got someone coming on out Wednesday afternoon to check the modem and inside wiring.

So....today I worked with my dad on my dishwasher (the wiring is shot thanks to a mouse), I've talked with you guys and cleaned out my FB friends list. Now I plan to update my packing list and add some things to the "things to do before we leave list". We have to move our chair and ottoman into the kids' rooms before we leave so that cats don't throw up all over them. And we're going to cover the couch with an old sheet or two for the same reason. I swear, we have exorcist cats.

So, I thought I would share what our plans are. They won't change much, so if anyone is looking to meet up, you'll know where to find me.

Wed 10/30 - work a half day and then head to DC to pick up the AutoTrain.
Thurs 10/31 - check-in @ OKW. Definitely visit DTD (hubby HAS to have his Earl of Sandwich) and maybe (hopefully) DisneyQuest
Fri 11/01 - start at MK. Coral Reef at 5:45. Finish evening in Epcot or head back to OKW for the pool or to relax (it IS a vacation, after all )
Sat 11/02 - MGM. I'm not sure whether we'll catch Fantasmic this night or head over to Epcot in the late afternoon/evening.
Sun 11/03 - AK Tusker House lunch at 11:45. Again, we may head over to Epcot in the afternoon/evening (the F&W Festival is on, you know. )
Mon 11/04 - Epcot
Tues 11/05 - day off from the parks. We have a 7pm reservation for O'hana and we hope to catch Wishes on the Poly beach.
Wed 11/06 thru Fri 11/08 - not sure which park(s) we'll be at. Most, likely, we will end up at Epcot towards the end of each day.
Sat 11/09 - check-out day. I just talked to my kids this morning and I think MGM has am EMHs. So, we'll probably go there for an hour and then over to Epcot for a couple of hours before we head to Sanford to pick up the AutoTrain.

OK....so that's all I have for now. I hope everyone had a great weekend and that all of our kids have great first days of school over the next couple of weeks (mine don't go back til the 5th).
We're at 59 days! Amazing how much your plans jive with ours! Here's our list so far...
Wed Oct 30 - leave CT with a stop in MD then leave around 9pm
Thurs Oct 31 - check in at FW cabins then DTD for Earl and Walmart for groceries
Fri Nov 1 - 8am CP ADR then MK for am, break, MNSSHP at night
Sat Nov 2 - HS day then MK for MSEP and maybe Wishes
Sun Nov 3 - IOA (we were going to do AK but wanted to split up our 2 Universal days)
Mon Nov 4 - Epcot with Rose and Crown dinner for Illuminations
Tues Nov 5 - off day with Chef Mickey dinner (maybe see Wishes on boat ride back to FW)
Wed Nov 6 - AK
Thurs Nov 7 - Universal with Character Superstar breakfast
Fri Nov 8 - any park with MVMCP at night
Sat Nov 9 - Epcot with Teppan Edo for lunch, HS for Osborne Lights and maybe Fantasmic
Sun Nov 10 - any park (my daughter and son in law have Le Cellier ADR so it will be my grandson (3) and I on our own for dinner
Mon Nov 11 - 'Ohana 8am then check out for LOOOONG drive home
barbara ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #2646
pharp31
Earning My Ears

Will be there from October 28th to November 9th. Staying at All Star Music with free dining pin. We are so excited!!!
pharp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #2647
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Hey guys! Was able to get a CG ADR for 11/29! Anyone else going that night?

I'm kinda upset though cause I only order the filet there and I Loved it the way it was when we went in November. After seeing the new menu, I'm not sure I'm going to like it!!! (VERY picky eater here!!!) Not sure if I should just give it a shot and go for the atmosphere or spend the money somewhere I know I'll definitely enjoy. So confused!
My DH is very picky also and after looking at the menu and then showing it to him we decided to keep our Flying Fish.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #2648
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Yes, FigmentChick, I think we all need to see your shoes!
Speaking of, what kind of shoes are everyone planning on packing for Disney? I realized that I do not have any really comfortable warm weather shoes and will probably be buying some.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #2649
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post

My DH is very picky also and after looking at the menu and then showing it to him we decided to keep our Flying Fish.
We truly don't know what to do!! Even the tomato risotto that it comes with... I don't know if I would eat it. I could always take the tomatoes off the steak but what's the point after spending that kind of money? On the other hand, Their steak Is one of the best I ever had. Ugh don't know what to do.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #2650
Jennybump
Mouseketeer

I'm bringing my Keens, but they're very open sandals and I think I need something for cooler days. I'm debating between my actual walking shoes and my "tennis clogs", which are just backless tennis shoes.
Jennybump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #2651
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Speaking of, what kind of shoes are everyone planning on packing for Disney? I realized that I do not have any really comfortable warm weather shoes and will probably be buying some.
I only will wear sneakers in the parks!! Definitely bring very comfy shoes!! I then bring dress shoes for going out to dinner.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #2652
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I only will wear sneakers in the parks!! Definitely bring very comfy shoes!! I then bring dress shoes for going out to dinner.
I second sneakers in the parks, but make sure you have the right kind of socks. I made the mistake of wearing sneakers one time that were not very "breathable" and my socks were too light weight...... Big blisters and hot spots on the balls of my feet. I ended up buying some Disney white low rise socks and the crocks and that was a huge help.

I have some Spenco sandals I will bring for around the resort, and some nicer sandals to switch into just for dinner at Flying fish and Ohana's. Other than that I'll probably be in sneakers.

Nope!! Refuse to bring my boots to wear when it's Snowing on Main St. during MVMCP.

75 days to go!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #2653
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
We only wear sneakers for touring, a second pair if we have them at the time in case our shoes get wet, and we being crocs or flip flops for going to the pool.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #2654
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
We truly don't know what to do!! Even the tomato risotto that it comes with... I don't know if I would eat it. I could always take the tomatoes off the steak but what's the point after spending that kind of money? On the other hand, Their steak Is one of the best I ever had. Ugh don't know what to do.
I would be willing to bet that if you asked nicely, you could get them to cook the filet for you the "old way", or however you wanted. I have often heard that the WDW restaurant chefs are very willing to go "off menu" if asked.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #2655
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara ann View Post
We're at 59 days! Amazing how much your plans jive with ours! Here's our list so far...
Wed Oct 30 - leave CT with a stop in MD then leave around 9pm
Thurs Oct 31 - check in at FW cabins then DTD for Earl and Walmart for groceries
Fri Nov 1 - 8am CP ADR then MK for am, break, MNSSHP at night
Sat Nov 2 - HS day then MK for MSEP and maybe Wishes
Sun Nov 3 - IOA (we were going to do AK but wanted to split up our 2 Universal days)
Mon Nov 4 - Epcot with Rose and Crown dinner for Illuminations
Tues Nov 5 - off day with Chef Mickey dinner (maybe see Wishes on boat ride back to FW)
Wed Nov 6 - AK
Thurs Nov 7 - Universal with Character Superstar breakfast
Fri Nov 8 - any park with MVMCP at night
Sat Nov 9 - Epcot with Teppan Edo for lunch, HS for Osborne Lights and maybe Fantasmic
Sun Nov 10 - any park (my daughter and son in law have Le Cellier ADR so it will be my grandson (3) and I on our own for dinner
Mon Nov 11 - 'Ohana 8am then check out for LOOOONG drive home
Awesome!!! We better do our best to say hello to each other!!!! Especially considering we're in the same parks most days. And stop in Lorton on the 30th and say hi while we board the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp31 View Post
Will be there from October 28th to November 9th. Staying at All Star Music with free dining pin. We are so excited!!!

As for touring shoes, I wear Sketchers biker sneaks (I can't remember their exact name). They are lightweight and my feet feel ok at the end of the day.

I'm packing today. Almost done. I know, I'm sad. But when I grabbed our luggage from the attic, I found that mice had eaten into our insulated backpack. *******s..... So, now I have another unintended expense.

Oh....and since I'm puttering around my bedroom, I hope to have pics of the Dooney & Bourke bags in a bit.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: