Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #2551
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
It looks like a terrific plan! Where in Jersey are you from? I am from very South Jersey and there are a few others from Jersey on here.

(Oh.....and I talk that much and more in real life. )
Must be a Jersey thing. I have trouble talking slow enough to be understood when I go down south

I grew up in Monmouth county but I'm up in Morris County now - I still miss being closer to the shore.

I'm so much more excited for this trip than the one we took 3 years ago. I have to experience something once before I can take full advantage of it.

edited to add: I already changed something since last night. The kids were not thrilled with some of my restaurant choices so I switched out the Wave with the Whispering Canyon Cafe. We will still do a tour of the monorail resorts that night, we will just have to figure out how to get to them after going to the Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited by Sheilby; 08-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #2552
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
We are have 6:25 reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving Day. In 2011 we had Teppen Edo but this year my DH wanted a more traditional Thanksgiving dinner so I booked Liberty Tree. I also thought it would be fun to be in the MK on Turkey Day.
How appropriate. Sounds great.
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #2553
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadApple View Post
I believe SW does not charge change fees. You just need to pay the difference in the fare.
Oh, that is so cool. SW was more expensive for me than JetBlue (out of Newark), plus my FIL and hubby would never go for the whole you sit where ever the heck there is a seat left - they like to pick their seats.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #2554
rabbruzzetti
Earning My Ears

I am so excited because I didn't think this trip would happen. It's a little last minute for my liking so of course there were no ADR's available for the places I know my DD6 would really want to eat at. But this will just help the budget Here are our (well my surprise ) plans

Nov 11-16th
All Star Music standard room
Free Dining

Monday Nov 11th:
Travel day...flight out of Boise at 6:50am arrive MCO 3ish
ME to All Stars Music
Get settled and play and explore the resort

Tuesday Nov 12th
Magic Kingdom bright and early
Hopefully BoG for lunch
Back to resort for a nap
Back to MK for more fun and the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert thing

Wednesday Nov 13th
EMH at Animal Kingdom
Afternoon nap
DHS for the evening and Fantasmic

Thursday Nov 14th
DHS in the morning (must get red velvet cupcake!!)
Afternoon nap
Epcot for the evening and Illuminations

Friday Nov 15th
Breakfast at DD6's favorite spot Fort Wilderness Campground
Touring Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and GF for Christmas decorations
Magic Kingdom and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!

Saturday Nov 16th
check out day
If it will fit in the schedule we will go to Downtown Disney and spend any of our left over money
Flight home is at 2pm

The trip is geared around my DD6 so I may have to miss some of my favorite rides but that is ok. There will be lots of fun, playing, snacks and face paint!! Any suggestions or advice are welcome!!

Disneyworld 1984 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 1990 Off Property
Disneyworld 1994 Fort Wilderness Campground
Disneyworld 2000 FortWilderness Campground/Contemp
Disney Land 2005 Day Trip DisneyLand 2007 DayTrip Disney Land 2009 Day Trip
Disneyworld Sept 2012 Fort Wilderness
Disneyworld Nov 2013 Pop Century
Disney Land Aug 2014 Paradise Pier Disney Land Half Marathon!
rabbruzzetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #2555
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Oh, that is so cool. SW was more expensive for me than JetBlue (out of Newark), plus my FIL and hubby would never go for the whole you sit where ever the heck there is a seat left - they like to pick their seats.
We are using SW for the 1st time and I am not too keen on the seating. For JetBlue is just too expensive. We used them on our 1st 3 trips because they were so cheap, but now they are one of the most expensive out of our airport.

Edit: I forgot to add that we did pay for priority seating (or what ever it is called) do that we should be in one of the 1st groups to board.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #2556
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Good for you! So glad you got what you wanted. We are at POR too but will miss you by a few days.

You inspired me to call again about adding my one more day at the end of our trip and once again the CM told me that POR is entirely sold out for FD for that day.
Thanks so much Coconuts I wish our days overlapped some. We wanted to try POR when the royal rooms came out and thought perfect timing with FD. It has always showed nothing that's why I couldn't believe it CM said they had just released more rooms so don't give it. Keep checking multiple times a day if you can I'm sure they will open more up as it gets closer to Sept 15.

Sending your way

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #2557
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
Thanks so much Coconuts I wish our days overlapped some. We wanted to try POR when the royal rooms came out and thought perfect timing with FD. It has always showed nothing that's why I couldn't believe it CM said they had just released more rooms so don't give it. Keep checking multiple times a day if you can I'm sure they will open more up as it gets closer to Sept 15.

Sending your way
Thanks, I hope so too. I have sunk into gloominess today along with RejoiceOverDisney. But insomnia and a migraine doesn't help. Add onto this that I know I have to be up until 9am tomorrow, I just want to cry. Sorry for the pity venting. I'm done now and don't even want to think about WDW for the rest of the day. I'll start fresh when I wake up tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #2558
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Must be a Jersey thing. I have trouble talking slow enough to be understood when I go down south

I grew up in Monmouth county but I'm up in Morris County now - I still miss being closer to the shore.

I'm so much more excited for this trip than the one we took 3 years ago. I have to experience something once before I can take full advantage of it.

edited to add: I already changed something since last night. The kids were not thrilled with some of my restaurant choices so I switched out the Wave with the Whispering Canyon Cafe. We will still do a tour of the monorail resorts that night, we will just have to figure out how to get to them after going to the Wilderness Lodge.
Well, I live across the river in PA and I have a reputation for jibber jabbering too. I have a twin sister who lives in Cape May, NJ and she does not jabber as much as me.

Yes, the monorail resorts are so much more convenient. I was telling my sister today that I would probably try Boma if it was not so difficult to get to. I had thought about Whispering Canyon as well.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #2559
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:

Passaic Co. Here!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #2560
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272 View Post
Thanks! I actually just reserved Ohana breakfast, I have never eaten there and really wanted to. Is there some regular "American" food there, DH and DD are a little on the picky side and don't really like to try new things. I saw mickey waffles, so figured they would be OK.

Where is Boma, and what kind of food? Would I do a dinner or a breakfast?

With the CM discount, we were only able to get the basic dining plan, so only 1 TS a day for us. I figured since it was so late in the game we wouldn't get a lot of ressies anyway, so it will be ok.
Boma is at the Animal Kingdom Lodges. They serve a buffet breakfast and dinner with an African flare. If you are not adventurous, I would definitely do breakfast. They do have "American" options for dinner as well though, so you could always try it and hit the carving station if you don't like the other stuff.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #2561
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
We are using SW for the 1st time and I am not too keen on the seating. For JetBlue is just too expensive. We used them on our 1st 3 trips because they were so cheap, but now they are one of the most expensive out of our airport.

Edit: I forgot to add that we did pay for priority seating (or what ever it is called) do that we should be in one of the 1st groups to board.
Which airport do you fly out of? After I already booked our flight I started looking around at other flights and couldn't believe the vast difference in prices from airport to airport (even when the airports were relatively close). It turns out I could have saved about 13 dollars a ticket it I had flown out the day before. (Tuesday rather than Wednesday) Of course when I was booking everything I didn't realize how much flexibility I had with the Disney reservations. I know so much more after reading this site. I was more the type that booked the dates at the resort, then grabbed the plane before the seats filled up.

I did look at other airlines and JetBlue was pretty much the cheapest out of Newark when we are going down. There were a couple of flights cheaper, but they had stops and would have wasted the entire day in travel. Some left at 6:30am and didn't get in until almost 6 at night. At that point I might as well have taken the train, saved money and not needed a pat down

Let me know how SW goes when the time comes. Is it a direct flight?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #2562
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Well, I live across the river in PA and I have a reputation for jibber jabbering too. I have a twin sister who lives in Cape May, NJ and she does not jabber as much as me.

Yes, the monorail resorts are so much more convenient. I was telling my sister today that I would probably try Boma if it was not so difficult to get to. I had thought about Whispering Canyon as well.
South Jersey folks are a little calmer than us North Jersey crazies.

Whispering Canyon looks fun, and the tree is supposed to be incredible. The kids are a lot happier now too so that is good.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #2563
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Passaic Co. Here!
I lived at the border of Pasaic and Morris for a while after getting married. First in Lincoln Park then in Riverdale. Now we are much further south in Morris. It's closer to what I was used to in Monmouth county so it is a better fit for me. I lived in Hoboken for a while during school, now that place I miss. Oh my goodness no one does fresh mutz like Hoboken.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #2564
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which airport do you fly out of? After I already booked our flight I started looking around at other flights and couldn't believe the vast difference in prices from airport to airport (even when the airports were relatively close). It turns out I could have saved about 13 dollars a ticket it I had flown out the day before. (Tuesday rather than Wednesday) Of course when I was booking everything I didn't realize how much flexibility I had with the Disney reservations. I know so much more after reading this site. I was more the type that booked the dates at the resort, then grabbed the plane before the seats filled up.

I did look at other airlines and JetBlue was pretty much the cheapest out of Newark when we are going down. There were a couple of flights cheaper, but they had stops and would have wasted the entire day in travel. Some left at 6:30am and didn't get in until almost 6 at night. At that point I might as well have taken the train, saved money and not needed a pat down

Let me know how SW goes when the time comes. Is it a direct flight?
We are flying out of Rochester, I am sure Buffalo would have been cheaper, but that is an hour away.

We booked our flights the day they posted the November schedule, so our fares are pretty reasonable being Thanksgiving week. We got lucky, both flights are direct for us and my parents. My sister is joining us a few days later has a layover going down and a direct coming home. She is nervous about the layover because the one and only time she went to Disney a couple of years ago they missed their connecting flight and didn't get in until after midnight. That was with AirTran.
OneBadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #2565
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
We are flying out of Rochester, I am sure Buffalo would have been cheaper, but that is an hour away.

We booked our flights the day they posted the November schedule, so our fares are pretty reasonable being Thanksgiving week. We got lucky, both flights are direct for us and my parents. My sister is joining us a few days later has a layover going down and a direct coming home. She is nervous about the layover because the one and only time she went to Disney a couple of years ago they missed their connecting flight and didn't get in until after midnight. That was with AirTran.
Yeah, I understand not wanting to drive a longer distance to catch a flight. I was reading some of the prices people were getting from Jersey and I felt guilty for spending more, but then I read they are flying out of Atlantic City. That is at least a 2.5 hour trip for me vs. under 40 minutes to Newark. Some were also getting in late at night, and I don't want to waste a day so I had to accept the convenience I want comes at a price.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: