Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #2491
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Stopping By To Join In :-)

74 Days and Counting Our stay is from Nov.10-Nov.15 @ the VGF in a 2 bedroom lake view We are so excited about staying at the Grand, but I am mostly excited because I am right next door to the Polyensian which is my fav resort We are trying to plan a more laid back trip this time to enjoy the new resort, so my tentative plan is as follows:

Nov. 10-
Checkin (hopefully) by 11am
Head to Epcot and hit some F&W carts for lunch
Ride Soarin, TT, Nemo & SE
Take the Monorail to TTC and walk to the Polynesian
Dinner at Kona Cafe
Most likely hang at the Polynesian for a couple cocktails and watch Wishes/Water Pageant Parade

Nov. 11-
AK in the morning r
QS Lunch at Flame Tree
MK that night for Wishes Dessert Party/MVMCP

Nov. 12-
Pool Time
Head to HS for Lunch at HBD
Rides
Fantasmic

Nov. 13-
MK in the morning
Epcot in the evening
Dinner at Coral Reef

Nov. 14-
HS in the morning
breakfast at H&V
and either the Resort of head to DTD for the evening

Nov. 15
Fly back home

Hope everyone has an amazing vacation
Oct.2007-WL,Sept.2008-WL,Dec.2009-Polynesian,Oct.2010-AKL_Grand Villa,Sept.2011-Polynesian, Oct.2012-Polynesian,Mar.2013-Polynesian,Nov.2013-VGF_2BR Lake View,May 2014-BWV_1BR BoardwalkView, Dec.2014-VGF_Grand Villa

Mommy2TwoMickeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #2492
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
So what your saying is that once we check in..go to DTD to guest relations with our check in ppw and ask to add a park day? Still not sure that that would be best for us. We already have 6 day parkhoppers..I'm just concerned about whether or not we can do one of our adr's without FD. We may just hit up Hooters for my hubby..
OMG,hooters. Well they do have great wings but I'm going to dtd just to do early ticket pickup, not to add a day. You can't add days till you use your park passes at least once. The only reason I need to get my tickets early is because my sister will be there the week before me and will be leaving on the 11th. So we plan on doing the dessert party for my mother's 70th birthday and 11/10 is the only night we all can be there to surprise her. We're doing mk on the 11th and epcot on the 12th so probably before we enter epcot we'll go to the ticket window and add the day then. We added a day to our vacation and we wanted 7day instead of 6day parkhoppers. If been to ph and it was ok, the coupon helped but was still pricey. Why not just eat at your resort's food court that night which is probably cheaper oop than ph. We usually go to dtd on the day we do hs. We never stay all day in that park anyway so we eat at POR food court because they have a great create your own pasta dish that could feed two people then go to dtd for souvenir shopping and ice cream. You could take the water taxi from por to dtd.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son

Last edited by babydoll65; 08-28-2013 at 04:28 PM.
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #2493
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneSparrow View Post
For this trip, we will buy tickets from Orbitz. This:
Want Value and Extra Benefits? Our special Pay for 3, Play for 5 offer on 5-day Magic Your Way Tickets with Water Park Fun & More Option not only gives you 2 more days of Disney Theme Parks, but 2 more Water Park Fun and More too!

It's the same price as 5 day PH from UT but includes 2 WPF&M too. We will purchase through ebates to get additional 10% cash rebate.

The only catch is you get a voucher redeemable on dates you specify. So can't link to MDE and participate in FP+ until you exchange the voucher.

Just thought I'd share since I saw some folks thinking of getting WPF&M. If you haven't purchased tickets yet then I hope this works for you.
I didn't know Orbitz sold Disney tickets. So it would obviously be much cheaper to buy through Orbitz the Pay for 3, get 2 free days base tickets (we don't need the other options). Any catch to it besides what you already mentioned?

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #2494
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

We need to get booking. So far we have only booked airfare. We will be back home in Gainesville the first part of Thanksgiving week and then arriving at the parks the day after Tday.

Im hoping to get at a resort and get MBs. The only place I want to get res for is BOG. I keep checking but no luck. I feel that is never going to happen. Ha.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #2495
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishlisa View Post

I didn't know Orbitz sold Disney tickets. So it would obviously be much cheaper to buy through Orbitz the Pay for 3, get 2 free days base tickets (we don't need the other options). Any catch to it besides what you already mentioned?
It would only be cheaper if you through ebates as they will send you a check for 10% of your purchase. Otherwise, UT is better for you through mousesaver newsletter link if you don't care for the extra WPF&M option. UT will send you the actual tickets so you don't have to be troubled with exchanging vouchers.

For us we will get 130+ rebates so I'm ok with the hassle of exchanging voucher and not having able to book FP+ in advance.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #2496
Irishlisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneSparrow View Post

It would only be cheaper if you through ebates as they will send you a check for 10% of your purchase. Otherwise, UT is better for you through mousesaver newsletter link if you don't care for the extra WPF&M option. UT will send you the actual tickets so you don't have to be troubled with exchanging vouchers.

For us we will get 130+ rebates so I'm ok with the hassle of exchanging voucher and not having able to book FP+ in advance.
Got it. Thank you so much for the info.

DH, Me, DS(9), DD(7), DD(5), DD(5)

Irishlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #2497
ammag
DIS Veteran

I feel like this is a dumb question but is the only base ticket option through Disney the ticket with the mini golf, Disney quest and whatnot? We only have three days and mot likely will not use any of it. Already paid off the trip as a package so not buying from undercover tourist or elsewhere.
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #2498
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

So we really love POFQ but wanted to try POR Riverside Royal Rooms with FD. As you all know nothing has been available since the beginning or it has been very limited. This moring at work I decided to check the Disney site just for laughs and I couldn't believe my eyes not only was it showing availibility but for our entire stay.

Thankfully we didn't have a doctor this morning and I could get on the phone right away. Did I mention I work for 3 doctors? Anyway I called and we are now officially booked at POR Riverside Royal Rooms from Nov 13- 25

I'm sorry this is long just had to share my excitement. DD's excited to stay in the Royal Rooms and so am I

Please forgive me FigmentChick for yet another change

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #2499
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post
So we really love POFQ but wanted to try POR Riverside Royal Rooms with FD. As you all know nothing has been available since the beginning or it has been very limited. This moring at work I decided to check the Disney site just for laughs and I couldn't believe my eyes not only was it showing availibility but for our entire stay.

Thankfully we didn't have a doctor this morning and I could get on the phone right away. Did I mention I work for 3 doctors? Anyway I called and we are now officially booked at POR Riverside Royal Rooms from Nov 13- 25

I'm sorry this is long just had to share my excitement. DD's excited to stay in the Royal Rooms and so am I

WOW, that's great news congrats!!!!

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #2500
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Just booked Wishes Dessert Party
Old 08-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #2501
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
Just booked Wishes Dessert Party
Congratulations, I did too for November 10th

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #2502
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwnut61 View Post

Don't worry....I'm so happy to make the change for you!!!

Great news!!!!

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #2503
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to all the Disney Dessert Party goers!!!
I'm sure you'll have a yummy time!!!!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #2504
JaneSparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
I feel like this is a dumb question but is the only base ticket option through Disney the ticket with the mini golf, Disney quest and whatnot? We only have three days and mot likely will not use any of it. Already paid off the trip as a package so not buying from undercover tourist or elsewhere.
If you got the base only ticket from Disney then it will NOT have these options. Base ticket is 1 theme park per day. If you plan to visit 2 theme parks in a day then you need to add/purchase the Park Hopper option if you haven't done so.

I hope I didn't confuse you further.
JaneSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #2505
Traceylee
Mouseketeer

How do you book wishes dessert party? I'm on the disney website, but can't find it.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11/02-POFQ * 7/04-Disneyland/PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF

NEXT: AKL/NOV '14
Traceylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: